REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #4401
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Shaw nhl center ice is free right now... that means we get to see the mighty ducks uni in HD
I think it's free until October 19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Oilers have a 5 GAA as a team this season. Well on their way to solidifying that today.

Yakupov for Ryan Miller ++?
Not to bring this up again, but I wonder what sort of proposal, if any was discussed between Gillis and MacT.

The media "reported" (not sure I would call it reporting as much as starting a rumour), that if Gillis moved a goalie to the Oilers, he wanted the #1 pick, and a prospect.

Quote:
Darren Dreger reported on Saturday that he had heard Vancouver starter Cory Schneider was on the trade market, and that Edmonton was likely one of the teams interested:

It’s getting interesting. 2 sources say Corey Schneider is in play. 1st and a prospect part of asking price. Suspect Oilers in on talks.
Rumour: Edmonton Oilers pursuing Canucks goaltender Cory Schneider | Edmonton Journal

The Oilers are going no where. They don't have the d or the goalie to make the playoffs. MacT said he would take risks, but he hasn't done anything drastic yet.
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #4402
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I used to listen to Team 1040 in the mornings, but not anymore. They air the Mike Richards show before the Bro Jake and Pratt show now and that is just as bad, it's more tabloid TMZ style with very little sports knowledge. The Team 1040 morning block now has a bunch of clueless idiots with very little sports knowledge. I just listen to Team 1410 now for ESPN's Mike and Mike in the mornings for NFL and NCAA Football talk, won't be tuning back to Team 1040 in the mornings until they get rid of Bro Jake.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #4403
My homepage has been set to RS

I hate Bro Jake and Pratt, I haven't listened once since they changed over. Seems like it's for a bunch of old dudes, and the things they say make me want to punch myself in the face. No thanks.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #4404
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
Listen to this instead, Kevin Bieksa interview on Cabbie's podcast: http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/Cab...bie_101113.mp3
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 10-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #4405
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
1040 sucks shit. Pratt is an idiot and Jake is completely clueless.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #4406
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
I hate Bro Jake and Pratt, I haven't listened once since they changed over. Seems like it's for a bunch of old dudes, and the things they say make me want to punch myself in the face. No thanks.
Same.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #4407

Projected lines for tonight. Schroeder in, Dalpe out.

CANUCKS

D. Sedin-H.Sedin-Santorelli

Higgins-Kesler-Hansen

Booth-Schroeder-Kassian

Sestito-Richardson-Weise

Bieksa-Garrison

Hamhuis-Tanev

Stanton-Weber

Luongo
Old 10-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #4408

Reading a blog, talking about five unsustainable early-season trends in the west.
One of them is the mediocrity of the Canucks so far.

Is the following a fair assessment?

Quote:
Vancouver Canucks – Preparing to Escape Mediocrity

The Canucks first half dozen regular season games have been all over the map; with their evenly split 3-3 record hardly telling the story. Their rocky start has already seen them tally three 4-1 losses, a 6-2 thrashing of Edmonton and two late come from behind victories from two goal deficits where they persevered when it seemed they were down and out. Luongo has been fairweather to be generous, while Eddie Lack got a win in his debut, although it was far more attributed to his teammates bailing him out. The Sedins will start to catch fire soon enough, while one can only assume Ryan Kesler will come out of hiding sooner rather than later. Finally, the infusion of John Tortorella’s typically stingy defensive structure is still clearly a work in progress, which has clearly not quite been mastered yet by Vancouver. However, when it does, watch out. Tortorella’s system helped Henrik Lundqvist earn top goaltender in the world status, while his absence in New York has seen the dominant Swede be not-sp-dominant so far. Expect Vancouver to get themselves firmly entrenched into a playoff spot in the coming weeks and months.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #4409
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
You guys should have a dedicated "I hate listening to 1040, but I still do anyway, and will continue to complain" thread.

Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 10-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #4410

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
You guys should have a dedicated "I hate listening to 1040, but I still do anyway, and will continue to complain" thread.

When you carpool and you're not driving, you don't really have much of a choice in what's playing unless you want to be the d-bag everyone in the car hates.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #4411
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Dalpe should not wear the #21, I fear he's the new Raymond of the team. lol
Old 10-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #4412

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
Reading a blog, talking about five unsustainable early-season trends in the west.
One of them is the mediocrity of the Canucks so far.

Is the following a fair assessment?
For whatever reason, this team never seems to play well in October. The only October we did well was Lui's first season here. I'm not worried at all at this point. We've been down this road before.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #4413
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

Gonna probably take him a couple games to get back in the swing of things....perfect time to show-case his skills or be the odd man out again

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 10-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #4414
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post

I for one complain about it and I don't listen to that garbage either!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #4415
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Flyers' GM Holmgren confirms that Pronger's NHL career is over. Philly's salary cap structure takes a hit as they still need to pay out for the remaining four years of Pronger's contract. Even if he retires, they still have a $4.9 million cap hit each year.

Holmgren: Pronger "is never going to play again"

From the article:

Because he was 35 at the time he signed the deal, the Flyers remain responsible for the entirety of the contract regardless of whether he plays or retires.

The Flyers have avoided Pronger's salary counting towards their salary cap obligations since he went down to injury through the use of the long-term injury replacement provision in the NHL's collective bargaining agreement.

However, should Pronger officially retire, the Flyers will be responsible for the full $4.9-plus million cap hit.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #4416

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Still blows my mind how the NHL allowed the Flyers to keep Pronger on the IR for so long, when most knew his career was done
Old 10-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #4417
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Cody Hodgson wants to make one thing clear: His dad didn’t get involved

BY TONY GALLAGHER, THE PROVINCEOCTOBER 15, 2013

Cody Hodgson takes issue with the commonly held notion that interference by his father is what caused his relationship with the Vancouver Canucks to become strained and led to his trade to the Buffalo Sabres.
Photograph by: Wayne Cuddington, Ottawa Citizen
Cody Hodgson has always been extremely polite and easy to deal with since he came into the NHL, but when contacted this week about his excellent personal start to the season he really wanted to get something off his chest.

“I’ve been hearing all this stuff about my dad being involved with the team and making calls to the team and I wanted to tell everyone that my dad had nothing to do with it,” said Hodgson about his somewhat ill-fated time in Vancouver, when he was playing behind Henrik Sedin and a then-flying Ryan Kesler. “This isn’t Pee Wee hockey where the dad can call up the coach and interfere with what’s going on. This is professional hockey and that sort of thing doesn’t happen. He never called the team. You just can’t do that. That’s been bothering me for a long time and I want to clear that up. I’m not sure where all of that got started, but my agent (Ritch Winter) handled the stuff with the team.”

That’s odd. Everyone was left with the clear implication that his father was almost the assistant GM here for a while, and the club never did anything to change anyone’s thinking in that regard.

“And another thing: I never once asked for more ice time when I was in Vancouver, even though the media asked me every day if I thought I should be playing more. I was just happy to be playing in the NHL when I was there at that stage of my career. When you guys in the media would ask me, I told them then that I hadn’t asked for more ice time. There’s no way I was saying one thing to them and then going in behind closed doors and doing something else. I wouldn’t ever do that. That just isn’t me. Some day I’ll talk about my time in Vancouver, but not right now.”

For a guy who’s going to say a lot more about his time here down the road, he seemed to make a few points. And perhaps the point that’s been made loudest is how much this team now misses his presence, given that Zack Kassian hasn’t exactly been Milan Lucic since he got here and the team’s search for a third-line centre is taking on the characteristics of the Flyers’ enduring search for a goaltender. The list of stiffs who have been plugged into that role since he left is significant. It always starts with Sami Pahlsson and most certainly won’t end with Brad Richardson, whose offensive prowess is, shall we say... limited. And this prolonged search, coupled with the Hodgson trade itself, is certainly a crushing indictment of this team’s professional scouting staff which flat out hasn’t been getting the job done.

Hodgson, who is starting into the first season of a new six-year deal that calls for $4.25 million US per season, is off to a pretty good start with the Sabres, but Mike Gillis’s first-ever draft pick as the Canucks GM isn’t taking much satisfaction from it, even though it’s been much better than the stats show. He’s been the victim of a few great saves made by goaltenders and he’s cranked that huge shot he has off posts a couple of times.

“I’ve had pretty good linemates (Tomas Vanek chief among them) and they certainly deserve a lot of credit but it doesn’t matter much if we’re not winning,” he says of the still-winless Sabres. “We’ve been falling behind early in games and it’s been a whole series of little things every night that have added up to less offensive zone time. Our passing has been off, a whole bunch of little issues adding up. We had a great pre-season but that doesn’t mean much now. We’ve got to find a way to get some more wins and get going.

“Personally I had a great summer (training with workout guru Gary Roberts) and I feel very strong and confident but as I say, it’s wins that count in this league.”

And supposedly we should presume here that Cody’s dad won’t be calling Sabres GM Darcy Regier to make suggestions.

twitter.com/tg_gman

© Copyright (c) The Province
Old 10-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #4418

i don't believe it one bit. he and his father, although not as bad as lindros and his father, are up there. he pulled crap like this in juniors too, as did his father. if they can get away with it there, they might as well try in the nhl.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #4419
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Its also Tony Galgagger. 5 games into the season and he is crapping on Richardson. Our media is full of stupid knobs.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #4420
My homepage has been set to RS

Nucks are all over Philly, really controlling the play down low.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #4421
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
fuck I hate these 4pm games
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #4422
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,209 Times in 1,394 Posts
Does anyone have a stream?
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #4423
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
YOU GOT PM^

4pm games = Tabbing in and out of tabs at work till boss leaves at 4:30
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #4424
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Good to see Kassian showing emotion.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #4425
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
Bush league SN broadcast so far.. camera staring at empty ice for 10 seconds earlier then again just now watching and listening to the ice being scraped..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread