REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #6151
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Kadri on Backstrom was stupid, not dirty. He'll get a punishment somewhere between Lucic on Miller/Gionta on Reimer(nothing) to TooToo on Miller (2 games).

Kadri in no way deserved 5 and a game for the Granlund hit. Principal point of contact wasn't the head, he didn't leave his feet, or use his elbow. He didn't even deserve 2 minutes for that.
Wow.. take off your homer glasses if you want to add to the discussion at all. In what was the play on Backstrom not dirty? He puts his forearm/elbow right into Backstrom's head without being pushed or anything.

I can see where you're coming from on the Granlund hit, but c'mon. Play on Backstrom was dirty.
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #6152
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
If Kadri wasn't kicked outta the game he'd be in the hospital right now
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #6153
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
Why is Kadri even pulling this shit, he's a skill guy he doesn't need to do this? Doesn't make any sense. Also he's going to get rolled bigtime pretty soon... people already don't like him much around the league and this is going to seal his fate.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #6154
x_x

Its okay bro, we can leave it up to Jofrey Lupul (also a piece of shit)

Old 11-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #6155
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Wow.. take off your homer glasses if you want to add to the discussion at all. In what was the play on Backstrom not dirty? He puts his forearm/elbow right into Backstrom's head without being pushed or anything.

I can see where you're coming from on the Granlund hit, but c'mon. Play on Backstrom was dirty.
Take off my homer glasses in a thread where Canuck fans can easily gang up and pile on fails? *Notice I rarely use my fail button as it adds nothing to a discussion to fail people for disagreeing with their opinion. I have to let a lot of comments slide or I'd be here all night pointlessly arguing

There is a difference between a dirty play and a careless/stupid play. Kadri wasn't expecting Backstrom so high in his crease. He was concerned with being in position to screen/deflect for Lupul and expecting a scrum from the Wild D which never came. He was cutting across the top of the crease, not heading into the net.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #6156
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Really? Look at the direction he's skating in. He's going straight through the crease whether or not Backstrom is there. And quite a follow through with the forearm too.

It's a dumbass move.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #6157
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Kadri on Backstrom was stupid, not dirty. He'll get a punishment somewhere between Lucic on Miller/Gionta on Reimer(nothing) to TooToo on Miller (2 games).

Kadri in no way deserved 5 and a game for the Granlund hit. Principal point of contact wasn't the head, he didn't leave his feet, or use his elbow. He didn't even deserve 2 minutes for that.
I didn't realize stupid and dirty were mutually exclusive, firstly. And, secondly, he ran over Backstrom and gave him a forearm shiver at full speed. Give me a break. It was both stupid AND dirty. He should've got 5 and a game for that as it resulted in an injury as per the rulebook.

He hits Granlund knowing full well Granlund is in a vulnerable position, launches into the hit Torres-style, and makes contact with his head. The league has said time and time again that THE ONUS IS ON THE HITTER to avoid making a dangerous hit that involves contact to the head. Granlund doesn't change the position of his head prior to or simultaneous to the contact, so that's all on Kadri.

But, hey, he plays for the Leafs, so he clearly just had a lapse in judgment and the refs were out to get him ...
Old 11-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #6158
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
holy crap this dallas edmonton game is a snoozefest.
nothing has happened, just edmonton not playing defence.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #6159

Quote:
Take off my homer glasses in a thread where Canuck fans can easily gang up and pile on fails? *Notice I rarely use my fail button as it adds nothing to a discussion to fail people for disagreeing with their opinion. I have to let a lot of comments slide or I'd be here all night pointlessly arguing

There is a difference between a dirty play and a careless/stupid play. Kadri wasn't expecting Backstrom so high in his crease. He was concerned with being in position to screen/deflect for Lupul and expecting a scrum from the Wild D which never came. He was cutting across the top of the crease, not heading into the net.
A goalie at the top of the crease? Whoda thunk it?
Old 11-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #6160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
A goalie at the top of the crease? Whoda thunk it?
Backstrom was actually outside the crease at the point of contact.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #6161
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:

I figured it would be cool to fail you as I'm not a Canucks fan. It doesn't matter what Kadri was "expecting"... the guy LOOKED RIGHT AT BACKSTROM before he clobbered him. He made ZERO effort to get out of the way, and he FOLLOWED THROUGH. At least when some players have no choice, they kinda let up in a way that they'll impact the goalie the least. Kadri didn't. It was dirty, plain and simple.

...This is coming from a guy who cheers for the Ducks. Do you have any idea how many times I said " Ah damnit Pronger, why did you do *that*?" to myself?

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

Old 11-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #6162
My homepage has been set to RS

On another note, Edmonton is the first team in history to be shutout 3 games in a row at home. Sharks are up next there too.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #6163
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Oilers just dont give a fuck

The only player that probably does is Yak but hes being benched or playing with limited ice time
Old 11-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #6164
x_x

The careless play was Kadri going aimlessly hard to the net with no consequence, but it became dirty when he followed through with the forearm to the head, and running over Backstrom.

Every player is taught to go hard to the net, but you KNOW when to let up, and not run the goalie over. In most cases you see it happen because a player on the opposition has steered him that way.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #6165

Quote:
Backstrom was actually outside the crease at the point of contact.
By 2 inches ... Congrats, though, clearly Kadri is innocent because of this ...

And his skate is still in the crease at the point of contact
Old 11-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #6166

^I didn't realise Backstrom was only 2 inches thick including padding.

Where did I say Kadri was innocent? I've been saying all along he deserved something for being so careless. Similar hits to goalies suggest anywhere from 0 to 2 games.

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 11-13-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #6167
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

it was a bad play and he could have done more to minimize the damage

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Old 11-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #6168
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
^I didn't realise Backstrom was only 2 inches think including padding.

Where did I say Kadri was innocent? I've been saying all along he deserved something for being so careless. Similar hits to goalies suggest anywhere from 0 to 2 games.
If Lucic got nothing for his hit on Miller before... i don't think this is even a penalty.

-KC
Old 11-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #6169
Rs has made me the man i am today!

When will the ownership in Edmonton wake up and fire the GM and get someone in there with some balls. They need to trade some of their young talent to shore up their defense and have a coach who can actually coach.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #6170

well they have Klefbom and Nurse, both probably make the team next year. not sure if thats good or bad for them lol
Old 11-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #6171
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
When will the ownership in Edmonton wake up and fire the GM and get someone in there with some balls. They need to trade some of their young talent to shore up their defense and have a coach who can actually coach.
Darryl Katz isn't exactly bright. Allegedly, while everyone wanted Ryan Murray during the 2012 draft, he basically veto'd everyone and chose Yakupov.

In the case of Edmonton, it's not just the GM's fault. It looks like the owner runs the show in the end.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #6172
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Backstroms mask reminds me of the old Chicago bel four eagle mask
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #6173
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Its not exactly the owner, eakins or yakupov's fault... its macT's fault. Everyone thought hemsky was gonna be moved during the off season but when macT came in he promised hemsky he wont be moved. That's when shit hit the fan.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #6174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Its not exactly the owner, eakins or yakupov's fault... its macT's fault. Everyone thought hemsky was gonna be moved during the off season but when macT came in he promised hemsky he wont be moved. That's when shit hit the fan.
You realize that MacT is a puppet for Lowe and Katz, right?

Last edited by Jmac; 11-14-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #6175
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
It was a mistake taking nail first overall to begin with
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread