REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #7301
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
hahaha at least he felt guilty as shit after it happened....
Advertisement
Spoiler!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #7302
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
hahaha at least he felt guilty as shit after it happened....

Yeah, the banter afterwards was pretty funny.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 12-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #7303
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Neal 5 games.

Nothing on Thornton yet.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #7304
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
My money's on 10-12

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 12-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #7305
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
My money's on 10-12
He's a first time offender 10 would be the max. I would say 8-10.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #7306
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
If Orpik got up, skated off, went to the hospital and got diagnosed with a concussion, I'd say 7-10. Anything over 10 is to show viewers that the NHL is taking the situation seriously.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 12-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #7307

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
I hate that the NHL doesn't allow comments on the new posts in regards to disciplinary announcements.... trying to spoon feed us what they think we should have......
Old 12-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #7308
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
If Orpik got up, skated off, went to the hospital and got diagnosed with a concussion, I'd say 7-10. Anything over 10 is to show viewers that the NHL is taking the situation seriously.
If Orpik got up, skated off, and finished the game, Thornton doesn't even get suspended.

I mean, we had 2 similar incidents to that one ON THE SAME NIGHT that didn't even get hearings because there were no injuries and there was not nearly as much press (Rinaldo on Roussel and I'm having trouble remembering the other one). Rinaldo on Roussel was worse than what Thornton did to Orpik, IMO. But DAL vs. PHI wasn't on national TV during prime viewing hours while, obviously, BOS vs. PIT was.

This is all about the result and the optics. In other words, it'll be more about politics than player safety.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #7309
I bringith the lowerballerith

Vancouver mechanic uses service report to remind customer that the Leafs suck
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #7310
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Why do people just hate Toronto and the Leafs so much?
Leafs has the 3rd best PP% in the league
Old 12-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #7311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Why do people just hate Toronto and the Leafs so much?
Leafs has the 3rd best PP% in the league
I don't get it either.. it's not like they're rivals or have done anything to the Canucks. It just makes Canuck fans look ignorant and like we have an inferiority complex.

Whenever I ask someone why they hate Toronto/Leafs they never have an exact reason lol.

They get earlier games and better coverage because as a business it makes sense to cater to a bigger Toronto audience..
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #7312
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Growing up, the Canucks used to be my second team. As recently as 96 they were in the same conference so for a time I understood the hate from fans/media, but it wore me down.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #7313

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
We hate the Leafs because they won't take Luongo for 2 1st and prospects.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #7314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
I don't get it either.. it's not like they're rivals or have done anything to the Canucks. It just makes Canuck fans look ignorant and like we have an inferiority complex.

Whenever I ask someone why they hate Toronto/Leafs they never have an exact reason lol.

They get earlier games and better coverage because as a business it makes sense to cater to a bigger Toronto audience..
Every boss I've ever had has been a Leafs fan (I've never worked outside of BC) and all of my bosses were complete dicks about it (plus complete dicks in general).

Plus the media shoves the Leafs down our throat at every opportunity. The Leafs making the playoffs means we get stuck with fucking Mark Lee instead of Hughson, which is reason enough to root against the Leafs.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #7315

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Maybe cause of this.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #7316
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
great book growing up as a kid!!
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #7317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Every boss I've ever had has been a Leafs fan (I've never worked outside of BC) and all of my bosses were complete dicks about it (plus complete dicks in general).

Plus the media shoves the Leafs down our throat at every opportunity. The Leafs making the playoffs means we get stuck with fucking Mark Lee instead of Hughson, which is reason enough to root against the Leafs.
First part is valid.. Second point just means you hate the media/CBC for catering to it's largest customer base, not the leafs lol
Old 12-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #7318
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

i think 10 games for thornton is not stiff enough. bertuzzi got suspended rest of season and playoffs for a similar incident. 10 games is not even 1 month. the NHL has got to hand out stiffer penalties if they want to see less bullshit on the ice.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #7319

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMarko View Post
i think 10 games for thornton is not stiff enough. bertuzzi got suspended rest of season and playoffs for a similar incident. 10 games is not even 1 month. the NHL has got to hand out stiffer penalties if they want to see less bullshit on the ice.
I agree. That shit doesn't belong to the ice. There's no respect.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #7320

Bertuzzi got 20 games (13 regular season games and remainder of the playoffs, which ended up being 7 games).

And Bertuzzi's was far worse than what Thornton did even if you don't take into account the end result (which was infinitely worse in Bertuzzi's case).

How is the Thornton incident any different from Emery attacking Holtby? Ference attacking Stempniak? Ference attacking Upshall? Rinaldo attacking Roussel?

Even Bieksa attacked Brian Boyle at the end of the NYR game.

If anything, Thornton attack was the least vicious of those, but had the worst end result, which was knocking his victim unconscious and giving him a mild concussion.

Obviously, these attacks are not actions that should be part of hockey, but if you let the other dozen or so acts go unpunished and then punish the one that results in a guy going to the hospital, is it really a deterrent? I mean, the vast majority of the time, these guys are going to head to the dressing room for repairs afterwards and return no worse for wear.

If the NHL really wants to get rid of this garbage, they need to make it an automatic suspension with fines for the coaches and teams. That's not what's going to happen in the Thornton case, though, aside from the fact that he will get suspended, but only due to politics and media pressure.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #7321

You don't keep punching a guy when he's on the ground and cannot protect himself.

Thorton and Rinaldo is pretty bad.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #7322
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

How is the Thornton incident any different from Emery attacking Holtby? Ference attacking Stempniak? Ference attacking Upshall? Rinaldo attacking Roussel?

Even Bieksa attacked Brian Boyle at the end of the NYR game.

If anything, Thornton attack was the least vicious of those, but had the worst end result, which was knocking his victim unconscious and giving him a mild concussion.

Obviously, these attacks are not actions that should be part of hockey, but if you let the other dozen or so acts go unpunished and then punish the one that results in a guy going to the hospital, is it really a deterrent? I mean, the vast majority of the time, these guys are going to head to the dressing room for repairs afterwards and return no worse for wear.

If the NHL really wants to get rid of this garbage, they need to make it an automatic suspension with fines for the coaches and teams. That's not what's going to happen in the Thornton case, though, aside from the fact that he will get suspended, but only due to politics and media pressure.
the difference is that Thornton slew footed him from behind, then punched him while he was on the ice defensiveless. like taking candy from a baby

the guy had no chance to protect himself and was at a higher hand of outrageous advantage from the onset

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 12-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #7323

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
the difference is that Thornton slew footed him from behind, then punched him while he was on the ice defensiveless. like taking candy from a baby

the guy had no chance to protect himself and was at a higher hand of outrageous advantage from the onset
All those other guys were just as defenseless (except Holtby, who wanted no part of it). Orpik had the opportunity to defend himself. There are 1.5 seconds before Thornton throws a punch. He could've got his hands up. If he had punched him on the way down, I could see your point, but that wasn't the case.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #7324

@TSNBobMcKenzie: "@DarrenDreger: 2014-2015 NHL salary cap projection delivered at B of G meeting. $71+ million next season."/ Spend, spend, spend
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #7325

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
@TSNBobMcKenzie: "@DarrenDreger: 2014-2015 NHL salary cap projection delivered at B of G meeting. $71+ million next season."/ Spend, spend, spend
Posted via RS Mobile
So the NHL is projecting to do $3.9B in HRR next year ... I guess I can see that with the ~$0.3B increase in national TV deals relative to the last full season.
Closed Thread