REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #12776
I HERP TO YOU DERP

WELLLLLLPPP

Advertisement
Old 03-10-2014, 10:44 PM   #12777
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
They played much better when MG was still the coach, Especially in the playoffs.

Totally the coaches fault, IMO. I bet if they fire him tomorrow, they will go on a huge run the rest of the way, and make the playoffs. From there, they will probably go all the way and win the cup.

The team is built for a cup run, it's just that we don't have the right coach.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #12778
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Give the C to Kes or Bieksa. We don't need a bunch of "quiet" type leaders. Ugh.
No. No one on the team deserves the captaincy right now. Strip Henrik of the C, whoever earns it gets it. That might send the right message..
Old 03-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #12779
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The team is built for a cup run
Old 03-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #12780

Why does it matter who wears a fucking "C" on their jersey? A true captain will be a leader regardless of whether they are NAMED captain or not....
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2014, 10:48 PM   #12781
nah

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 48m
Torts & Gillis each have 4 years & 8 million left on their deals. Expensive decisions coming. #canucks

16 million reasons why Aquilini might not want to fire either of both guys.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2014, 10:49 PM   #12782
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
No. No one on the team deserves the captaincy right now. Strip Henrik of the C, whoever earns it gets it. That might send the right message..
It will send the message that we are fucked. That's a bad mindset if we wish to improve the team during the off season.

We can't disrespect players on our team further than what Mike Gillis has done up until now.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #12783
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nah View Post
Nope you're wrong. He was here and if we treated him like the #1 he would still be here. It's a known fact that he got his agent to force the trade to the Panthers after the Heritage Classic snub.
That's what I initially thought as well, but Luongo also said in his interview that he was surprised about the trade and had no idea it was coming.
Was that part of an act?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 03-10-2014, 11:01 PM   #12784
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Isn't that what Hodgson said as well when he was traded for Kass ?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #12785

Quote:
They played much better when MG was still the coach, Especially in the playoffs.

Totally the coaches fault, IMO. I bet if they fire him tomorrow, they will go on a huge run the rest of the way, and make the playoffs. From there, they will probably go all the way and win the cup.

Not sure if srs or trolling, but in what way is this team built for a cup run? None, from my point of view.

Furthermore, I can't see how the players giving up 7 goals with a 3-0 lead going into the fucking third, can be blamed on the coach. He can give them the systems, he can give them strategy - but it's up to the players to execute. Allowing 7 in the third is purely on the players in my opinion. That's just unacceptable at the pro level, and downright embarrassing. I wouldn't want to show my face if I was a Canuck right now, because currently, we are the worst team in the league bar none.

Watching the Canucks is just making me not want to watch hockey right now to be perfectly honest. I can't very well start cheering for another team, and what's there to cheer for here? So frustrating.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:05 PM   #12786

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Not sure if srs or trolling, but in what way is this team built for a cup run? None, from my point of view.

Furthermore, I can't see how the players giving up 7 goals with a 3-0 lead going into the fucking third, can be blamed on the coach. He can give them the systems, he can give them strategy - but it's up to the players to execute. Allowing 7 in the third is purely on the players in my opinion. That's just unacceptable at the pro level, and downright embarrassing. I wouldn't want to show my face if I was a Canuck right now, because currently, we are the worst team in the league bar none.

Watching the Canucks is just making me not want to watch hockey right now to be perfectly honest. I can't very well start cheering for another team, and what's there to cheer for here? So frustrating.
So you are saying it's not the coaches fault entirely?

Because whenever I say that, I get shit on. And then people come in and say "if you disagree with me, just fail me" instead of actually thinking it through.

(btw yes I was being sarcastic, to prove this point)

IMO this is a bad team. The top players have been 'solved' a long time ago, just like the league 'solved' the WCE back in the day (and refs started calling penalties on Bert when he interfered with people in front of the net).
Old 03-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #12787

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
My two cents but the league never solved the WCE. Steve Moore's broken vertebrae solved the WCE. Bert was never the same after that, and was shipped out soon after.

If Aquilini really cared about filling those condos around his precious arena, he would really think twice about keeping Torts on. He has a steady track record of ruining offensive players and having them pull a mutiny on him. Get a real coach who has real ideas and only then can you fire the GM for taking up too many of his extra lives if that next coach fails miserably.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #12788

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
My two cents but the league never solved the WCE. Steve Moore's broken vertebrae solved the WCE. Bert was never the same after that, and was shipped out soon after.

If Aquilini really cared about filling those condos around his precious arena, he would really think twice about keeping Torts on. He has a steady track record of ruining offensive players and having them pull a mutiny on him. Get a real coach who has real ideas and only then can you fire the GM for taking up too many of his extra lives if that next coach fails miserably.
WCE was over before that, IIRC. That was just part of the frustrations coming out. I agree that he was never the same after that, but it really only got bad when the refs started calling Bert for his blatant penalties in front of the net. Then Nas got old, and Mo was exposed as just not being very good
Old 03-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #12789
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
A lightbulb just went up in my head, Torts doesn't shoulder ANY blame of our recent woes

Am I doing this right?

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #12790
Banned (ABWS)?

Well... the only fun thing I can get out of this is that I'm printing out a bunch of "Canuck failure" memes and anonymously sticking it on my staff kitchen cabinets.

My co-workers are having a good laugh, and no one knows who's doing it.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #12791

I get what y'all are saying for sure, and I'm definitely not saying no blame rests on Torts' shoulders. But I think that only goes so far, especially in a game like today. I don't understand how the players can be so mentally weak that they allow 7 goals in one period? Absolutely insane.

Looks like McDavid is becoming more of a reality now
Old 03-10-2014, 11:55 PM   #12792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
A lightbulb just went up in my head, Torts doesn't shoulder ANY blame of our recent woes

Am I doing this right?
I dunno, are you? If he gets canned and they go on a cup run, then you certainly were right about it being his fault!

If you think the woes are only recent, then maybe you aren't doing it right... Some people have been saying this for a while (though they got buried in fails usually, instead of being argued against)
Old 03-11-2014, 12:03 AM   #12793
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Fast track to rebuild- Eckblad and Reinhart whattttttttttt?
Bennett + Mcdavid > Kane + Toews
Old 03-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #12794
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
This is everybody's fault. The canucks are spiraling out of control. Its the players fault for giving up 7 goals in one period. To let that happen they must be emotionally shattered. Watching 1,2,3...6,7 go in one by one. Its the coaches fault for not being able to boost up his players and give them confidence. Its the GM's fault for not giving the coach the right players or making the right moves. Its aquillinies fault for not forcasting his team is spiraling out of control and the inability to make a key change.

Firing torts tomorrow won't get them in the play offs. Neither will making a change in the roster.

This season is now a write off, and just like any responsible business owner, aquillini needs a new game plan if he wants to succeed.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-11-2014, 12:54 AM   #12795
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:

Can you please explain how the current team, as opposed to the team we've iced in previous years, is built for a cup run?
Old 03-11-2014, 12:58 AM   #12796

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Can you please explain how the current team, as opposed to the team we've iced in previous years, is built for a cup run?
Old 03-11-2014, 01:00 AM   #12797
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Yeah, bro, we definitely played much better with MG as our coach.

Yeah, bro, we had so much playoff success while MG was our coach.

Yeah, bro, this team is so much different in contrast to last year, we will surely win a cup with MG as our coach, again!

edit - I feel like shawn right now ty. Will zuk ya dik Skinny (nohomo)

Last edited by spideyv2; 03-11-2014 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:14 AM   #12798
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
^you should read the previous posts, SP said he was being sarcastic to prove a point.

@SkinnyPup
"(btw yes I was being sarcastic, to prove this point)

IMO this is a bad team. The top players have been 'solved' a long time ago, just like the league 'solved' the WCE back in the day (and refs started calling penalties on Bert when he interfered with people in front of the net)."
Old 03-11-2014, 01:17 AM   #12799
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Yeah, bro, we definitely played much better with MG as our coach.

Yeah, bro, we had so much playoff success while MG was our coach.

Yeah, bro, this team is so much different in contrast to last year, we will surely win a cup with MG as our coach, again!

edit - I feel like shawn right now ty. Will zuk ya dik Skinny (nohomo)
Quote:
So you are saying it's not the coaches fault entirely?

Because whenever I say that, I get shit on. And then people come in and say "if you disagree with me, just fail me" instead of actually thinking it through.

(btw yes I was being sarcastic, to prove this point)

IMO this is a bad team. The top players have been 'solved' a long time ago, just like the league 'solved' the WCE back in the day (and refs started calling penalties on Bert when he interfered with people in front of the net).

So anyway, has duc_evo 's temp ban been lifted yet?
For a good laugh, I'm curious to hear what other strange ideas he has for the current situation.

/semisrs
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2014, 01:19 AM   #12800
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Bennett + Mcdavid > Kane + Toews
Bennet is a God Damn sniper.... that team that lands this beast will be lucky.
Closed Thread