REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 10-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #76
HELP ME PLS!!!

So, HKTV has officially moved forward with a Judicial review of the HK Government's decision to reject HKTV's FTA licence.

So guess who will be reviewing and deciding this Judicial review?

That's right! The HK government. The same panel that rejected HKTV from the get-go.

LOL!

HK politics is such a joke.
Advertisement
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #77
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
The judicial review isn't reviewed by a judge?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #78
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
So, HKTV has officially moved forward with a Judicial review of the HK Government's decision to reject HKTV's FTA licence.

So guess who will be reviewing and deciding this Judicial review?

That's right! The HK government. The same panel that rejected HKTV from the get-go.

LOL!

HK politics is such a joke.
It's like a ferris wheel.

Round and around and around we go
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #79

Apple Daily put together this graphic of all the conflicts of interest that may be contributing to this mess

IMO there should be extra lines for "Self censorship of news" for the other 3 channels. And I think this is the most important issue of all for keeping HKTV off the air.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #80
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
We need www.revscene.co.uk.

Might have better drama than all of Revscene in its current state of affairs.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #81
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Apple Daily put together this graphic of all the conflicts of interest that may be contributing to this mess

IMO there should be extra lines for "Self censorship of news" for the other 3 channels. And I think this is the most important issue of all for keeping HKTV off the air.
People should be more mad about iCable getting a free channel, anyone that has had experience with their internet and cable will agree that they are the absolute worst in terms of programming and service.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:01 AM   #82
LLY
RS Lurker, I don't post!

wow... this does look promising!!!! is there a site to watch it?
LLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #83

How bad is it getting?

Propaganda piece aired on TVB tonight... More protests will take place tomorrow
Old 11-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #84
Resident Bullshitter

I wonder how many people will complain to communication authority LOL

https://apps.coms-auth.hk/apps/broad...ex.aspx?lang=2

I did my part on filing the complaint, maybe its gonna reach a new record of complaint!
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #85

The scene at LegCo last night

other side:

I bet CY wishes it was 2047 already so he he could just run everyone over with tanks
Old 11-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #86
i like gifs

Oh, wow.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #87
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
LOL one of the reason it got so big was becasue this affect everyone who watches TV. Even the C-Lais in HK is piss off by this. Mess with everyone entertainment and you get a mess. Not to mention thier reason and the way how the gov officals handle this is just really really poor.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #88
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
GOOD NEWS, chinese goverment has bought a digital channel for hktv, in a join venture as long as he stay away from politics

i heard that u need to get their.usb & thats it your good to.go
Posted via RS Mobile
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2014, 06:47 AM   #89
G
Banned (BBM)

Any update on HKTV?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #90
HELP ME PLS!!!

So, what's the latest news on the HKTV situation? I am so lost.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #91

IIRC they were going to start an internet channel still, but I'm not sure either. They weren't willing to work with the mainland government, so they got the shaft.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #92
HELP ME PLS!!!

HKTV to launch mobile television service next month

Quote:
Shares of Hong Kong Television Network (HKTV) surged as much as 25 per cent in morning trading in Hong Kong on Monday, boosted by news that its mobile television service will be launched in the middle of next month.

It closed the day at HK$2.81, up 17.6 per cent, while the benchmark Hang Seng Index rose 1.1 per cent.

HKTV boss Ricky Wong Wai-kay said television programmes would reach the audience through the internet on computers, smartphones and on television sets if the users attached an extra set-top box. HKTV’s advertising prices would be close to those of the free-to-air television stations operated by TVB, he said.

Wong estimated the size of the audience for the mobile television service, only available in Hong Kong, would be at least 500,000.

HKTV will provide 6.5 hours of programming a day at first, with users allowed to watch them free if they register their age, gender, email address and income level with the broadcaster.

The company applied for a free-to-air television licence at the end of 2009 but the application was turned down last year. Since then Wong has been focusing on launching mobile and internet television. He had earlier hoped to launch the service in July.
HKTV to launch mobile television service next month | South China Morning Post
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2014, 10:30 AM   #93
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Can't wait to watch Police Boundaries (first post of this thread).
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #94
i like gifs

Sweet! Can't wait to watch the rest of that show in the first post.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #95
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

So many new good shows to watch!
Exc3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #96
HELP ME PLS!!!

HKTV to Premiere Dramas Online During TVB Anniversary Month

Quote:
Ricky Wong (王維基) announced that he will be launching a mobile and online television service for HKTV in November, during TVB Anniversary month.

HKTV, which had failed to obtain a free-to-air television license from the Hong Kong government, will broadcast programs via the OTT (Over-the-Top) format online. The programs, which include variety shows and dramas, will be available for Hong Kong audiences through Smart TV, computers, and HKTV’s mobile app. It is expected that audiences for HKTV will reach at least 500,000 people in Hong Kong.

An official date for the service’s launching has not been revealed yet, but it is rumored that Ricky Wong plans to unveil the service on November 19, the day of TVB’s Anniversary. An HKTV representative said, “We will announce the launch date when it is the right time.”

In addition, HKTV will start a public poll for netizens to choose the station’s debut drama. HKTV has already completed filming series such as Police Boundaries <警界線> starring Liu Kai Chi (廖啟智); Choose Your Battle <選戰> starring Angelica Lee (李心潔); and Flow of the Years <歲月樓情> starring Felix Wong (黃日華).

Artistes Comment on HKTV’s Launch

Felix Wong’s daughter, Adrian Wong (黃芷晴), expressed, “That’s good! I filmed some variety shows before and I’m very excited myself. It’s been two years already! If our productions can be released in November, then I will be able to show everyone my performances. I’ve filmed three dramas, and one was Brain Detective <開腦儆探>, which was with my father. I also filmed My Mother is a Black Rose <我阿媽係黑玫瑰> with Kara Hui (惠英紅) and another series called Final Days +5 <末日+5>. Of course, I’m most looking forward to the drama I filmed with my father!”

Leung Kin Ping (梁健平) expressed his excitement and said, “Of course, I’m thrilled to hear this! We all hope that our productions will be broadcasted for the public to enjoy. We’ve been waiting for so long!”

Zoey Sham (岑潔儀), who is six months pregnant, said, “There’s been a lot of sad news recently. This news is definitely the happiest I’ve heard in eight days! Many Hong Kong citizens support the launch of HKTV. We’ve all waited for two years. Now I’m even going to have a baby! I’m glad that my kids will have more [viewing] options to choose from!”

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

JayneStars Media LLC reserves all copyrights. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. By using the JayneStars website, you accept and agree to our Terms and Conditions of Use.

Tags: HKTV, Ricky Wong
REF: HKTV to Premiere Dramas Online During TVB Anniversary Month$|$JayneStars.com

Last edited by willystyle; 10-08-2014 at 05:25 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #97

500K people... I wonder how ghetto these shows will be?

My wife watches a lot of these TVB shows, mostly because she's familiar with the actors. Will HKTV have some familiar faces? If so I'll set it up for her... Otherwise it won't be worth the bother
Old 10-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #98
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
500K people... I wonder how ghetto these shows will be?

My wife watches a lot of these TVB shows, mostly because she's familiar with the actors. Will HKTV have some familiar faces? If so I'll set it up for her... Otherwise it won't be worth the bother
I am a huge fan of the TVB series of the 90's, and most of the current HKTV drama series are popular actors/actresses of the 90's that don't work with TVB anymore. So depending on how long she's been watching TVB, she should recognize most of the actors, or better yet, ask her if she wants it?
Old 10-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
I am a huge fan of the TVB series of the 90's, and most of the current HKTV drama series are popular actors/actresses of the 90's that don't work with TVB anymore. So depending on how long she's been watching TVB, she should recognize most of the actors, or better yet, ask her if she wants it?
She's probably been watching most of her life

So you're saying the HKTV actors are all from the 90's TVB shows?

It's not worth checking out unless I know it'll be the actors she likes.. she doesn't have much time to watch these shows
Old 10-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #100
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
first episode of police boundaries should be enough to convince you or your wife

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: