REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 10-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #101
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
on a side, ATV employees have not received there last months paycheck..............looks very bad right now for ATV
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:31 PM   #102
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

you guys think we can VPN to watch?

i'm not too interested in buying a xiaomi box
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:19 PM   #103
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmeister View Post
you guys think we can VPN to watch?

i'm not too interested in buying a xiaomi box
I'm pretty confident that there will be "alternative" ways to watch it online, and YES, a VPN should work. I use PIA, so luckily I have a HK VPN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
on a side, ATV employees have not received there last months paycheck..............looks very bad right now for ATV
Good, let HKTV have their broadcasting licence instead.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:33 PM   #104
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
500K people... I wonder how ghetto these shows will be?

My wife watches a lot of these TVB shows, mostly because she's familiar with the actors. Will HKTV have some familiar faces? If so I'll set it up for her... Otherwise it won't be worth the bother
Here are their people

???? HKTV

It isn't listed in alphabetical order but appears to be listed in do I fucking know this person order all the way down to who the fuck is this.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #105

^
that list is old, now a lot of them had left cuz HKTV couldnt get the licences

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #106
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
^^
Ahh gotcha. Do you have the current list?

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #107

i think some of the HKTV ppl went to HKRT & NOW

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 10-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #108
HELP ME PLS!!!

Hong Kong's HKTV adds drama to online shopping, and vice versa

Quote:
Written by: KEN KUWAHARA and YASUO AWAI, Nikkei staff writers

TOKYO/HONG KONG -- HKTV will launch an online shopping business that will let Asian consumers buy items that appear in their favorite dramas and other content.

The video production and distribution company will start the business in Hong Kong this November, with plans to enter mainland China and Southeast Asia, Chairman Ricky Wong Wai-kay told The Nikkei at the company's headquarters. It aims to become the biggest shopping website in Hong Kong, he said.

HKTV has been seeking to enter the broadcasting business, and is already offering an action-packed crime drama on YouTube, generating more than 5.4 million views in a year. And a political drama featuring a Malaysian-born actress has been getting buzz even before distribution.

The company will create dramas featuring food, apparel and other products from tenant companies of its shopping website and distribute them to smartphones and tablets.

While watching the dramas, viewers can purchase the products through a website shown on the screen.

In establishing this business model, HKTV took its cues from the growing Chinese trend of consumers basing shopping and traveling excursions around popular dramas and films. A South Korean drama boom, for example, led to higher imports of food and cosmetics from that country. And when a drama shot in Hokkaido became a hit, fans eagerly visited the northernmost island of Japan.

Product placement is becoming increasingly prevalent in movies, TV shows and other programming. In the latest installment of the Transformer film series from Hollywood, items from Chinese sponsors appeared often.

This marketing technique can be used to great effect when a drama is shown online and goes viral. Restricted online distribution under Japan's strict video copyrights is said to prevent product placement from spreading.

As an international financial center, Hong Kong boasts high income levels and has spawned new trends as a popular tourism destination. But for consumer goods companies, sky-high rents have impeded store openings.

Using HKTV's shopping website can cut sales costs compared with setting up brick-and-mortar shops, Wong said.

Besides mainland China, HKTV is looking to market the new service in Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore -- home to large communities of ethnic Chinese, who are keen on Hong Kong-made videos. When it opens, the shopping site is expected to offer upward of 100,000 items from more than 200 tenants based in Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea and elsewhere.

In fact, more than 10 Japanese companies have already signed up, including Japan Post Trading Service, which offers region-specific food and other goods through the post office network. 47Club, an online partnership of regional newspaper companies offering local specialties, is preparing to set up shop as well.

Women's apparel company Baroque Japan has also thrown its hat in the ring, while leading fashion companies World and Onward Kashiyama, as well as Bigi and other midsize players, have similar plans.

The stronger purchasing power of Asian consumers will lead to greater demand for Japanese food and apparel, said Wong, one of a new generation of business leaders who have been challenging regulations in Hong Kong society. The 52-year-old enjoys overwhelming support among the young.

He founded City Telecom in 1992, which led to sharply lower prices for fixed-line communication and Internet services, which were dominated by big conglomerates back then.

After he sold the communication business in 2012, Wong transformed the company into a production studio and plotted an entry into terrestrial TV broadcasting, which had been controlled by two players. While it had been deemed most likely to obtain licensing approval, the first in about four decades, it was the only one of three applicants to be denied.

HKTV reapplied this April, and plans to invest 3.45 billion Hong Kong dollars ($444 million) over the first six years.
SOURCE: Hong Kong's HKTV adds drama to online shopping, and vice versa- Nikkei Asian Review
Old 10-25-2014, 03:53 PM   #109
HELP ME PLS!!!

HKTV will start up on the day of TVB Anniversary Gala; Citizens can vote which dramas

Quote:
HKTV will start up on the day of TVB Anniversary Gala; Citizens can vote which dramas to broadcast first
Saturday October 25, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Apple Daily, Sina News HK
Translated by: Chloe.C @ AsianEU - The Best Choice - Easy, Convenient and Friendly - Portal

Earlier this month, Ricky Wong announced that HKTV will officially start broadcast next month on the internet, breaking the tradition of watching on television. Citizens can watch through the computer, smartphones, etc. by downloading the HKTV App to watch their shows and the shopping channel. Earlier this week, HKTV announced on Facebook that their new app will be released on the 19th of next month, which is the day of TVB's Anniversary Gala, directly challenging their competitor! HKTV will be letting citizens vote, and choose which drama they want to see as the first to broadcast. Voting will begin on the 27th until November 10th. They simply need to go to the HKTV webpage (hktv.com.hk - Hong Kong Television Network Limited) and choose their favourite from 16 dramas. The dramas that mirror latest society topics, "The Borderline", "Battle of Choice" and "The Menu", are predicted to be the strongest. The daring, yet sensitive plotlines involving black cops, political darkness and freedom of the press are much anticipated by the audience.

List of HKTV Dramas

Spoiler!

MORE INFO AVAILABLE HERE

Download Method:

1. SmartTV
As long as it is a SmartTV manufactured 2012 and later, you may watch after you open the app.

2. Computer
After HKTV starts on Nov 19th, viewers can log in to HKTV's official website, and watch shows online.

3. Android TV Box
If you do not have a SmartTV, but want to watch on television at home, you can watch through a TV Box using the Android system to watch dramas.

4. Smartphones / Tablets
Download the HKTV App on App Store or Google Play, you can watch anywhere on your smartphone or tablet.
SRC: HKTV will start up on the day of TVB Anniversary Gala; Citizens can vote which dramas to broadcast first - Asian Entertainment News - AFspot Forum
Old 10-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #110
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llwy12
The polls are officially open so go to HKTV's webpage (HKTV) and VOTE!!!!

By the looks of it, so far Battle of Choice has the most votes, followed by Borderline. Personally, I already put my vote in for Borderline (since I've been waiting to watch the rest of that series since HKTV aired the first episode on Youtube last year).

Voting ends 11/9 and the results will be announced on 11/10.
The Battle of Choice trailer:

Nightshift:

REF: HKTV will start up on the day of TVB Anniversary Gala; Citizens can vote which dramas to broadcast first - Asian Entertainment News - AFspot Forum

Last edited by willystyle; 10-26-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:17 PM   #111
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Beyond the Rainbow looks interesting http://tv.hktvmall.com/beyond-the-rainbow/

kind of odd to see all of the same actors in so many new shows at once though

So is there anyway to get the HKTV App on our smarttv's outside of HK?

i tried to get my sony tv to think i was in asia to get access to some asian apps but the tv only has to the US/Canada ones :/

oh they've got android apps coming cool

Last edited by StylinRed; 10-26-2014 at 09:25 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #112
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Beyond the Rainbow looks interesting ???? | HKTV????

kind of odd to see all of the same actors in so many new shows at once though

So is there anyway to get the HKTV App on our smarttv's outside of HK?

i tried to get my sony tv to think i was in asia to get access to some asian apps but the tv only has to the US/Canada ones :/

oh they've got android apps coming cool
Yeah I feel a bit of the same way too. A lot of the same faces in many dramas, BUT they are just starting out, hopefully they will add more casts in the coming months.

As for HKTV SmartTV App and Android HKTV app, you're gonna need to use a HK VPN/DNS to program your settings on the TV and Android hardware to make it work. Hola comes to mind as a free option, but HK VPN is the best method.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2014, 07:23 AM   #113
G
Banned (BBM)

Out of curiosity, will there be a method to watch it on PC without a VPN?
G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #114
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Out of curiosity, will there be a method to watch it on PC without a VPN?
Hola might work!
Old 10-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #115
G
Banned (BBM)

^Seems like so much work. Hopefully I can watch it on sites like az drama
Old 10-27-2014, 10:04 AM   #116
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
^Seems like so much work. Hopefully I can watch it on sites like az drama
Az drama doesn't have HD though. I'll most likely torrent it.
This post thanked by:
G
Old 10-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #117
G
Banned (BBM)

^True, I kinda wish they kept on putting it on youtube lol...
Old 10-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #118
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
^True, I kinda wish they kept on putting it on youtube lol...
That won't work, HKTV charges the same rate as TVB (500,000+ HKD per ad) to their advertisers to target only HK audiences. Putting it on Youtube will not make sense.

I can foresee that HKTV will eventually sell their rights to other online distributors such as Dramafever, and Viki for an additional revenue stream.
This post thanked by:
G
Old 11-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #119

ITS UP

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2014, 10:23 PM   #120
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

The Election and The Borderline!!
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:56 PM   #121
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
How are you guys watching it?
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #122

well u its online on its official web, if not they have an app for it

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 11-20-2014, 12:57 AM   #123
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
the apps servers must have been overwhelmed when i tried it all it would do is attempt to connect :/

as for the website i need to get an HK vpn :/
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:53 AM   #124
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
I am gonna watch with TVPAD!

Should be interesting, damn excited
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #125
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

TVpad have HKTV channel ?
I don't see it there yet

Last edited by Bender Unit; 11-20-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Bender Unit is offline   Reply With Quote