REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets

Non-REVscene Social Meets Represent! Sport our official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net
Now re-opened! All unofficial meets and last minute cruises arranged in here. Includes VLS/VAC Social meets for members to meet and interact. Sorry, no official meets and no paid events solicitations. REVscene is not responsible for meets and events posted in here. We reserved the right to remove all questionable material posted in this forum with or without cause. This is a free service, do not abuse it. #revscene. Follow us on Twitter | fb | Youtube | Vimeo

Old 09-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #1051
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
what time does it start and peak at?
Advertisement
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:04 PM   #1052
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Went to the meet first time today. I've been reading burnout horror stories, but today everything seemed fairly behaved, maybe except that guy in the blue elongated Ram or whatever that was, launching through the rows. Was excited to see a couple of other FiSTs! NSX lineup was very cool
foodtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #1053
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
well behaved?

so many fucking idiots revving and ripping it in the lot, this was on the canadian tire side, timmies side was more calm.

first time going and prob wont go back again.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #1054
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
well behaved?
I guess I have no frame of reference
foodtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:29 AM   #1055
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
heard thru some friends that there was a lot of police presences and they shut it down.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #1056
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
heard thru some friends that there was a lot of police presences and they shut it down.
They started rolling up and down the rows in the SUV's around 9/9:30? LOTS of presence tonight. The FB group says the cops/shop owners(?) wants the meets to stop happening. I got out of there around 10, so I have no idea what happened afterwards. Im sure someone else can chime in on that.
PDKGD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:48 AM   #1057
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Left at 11, nothing really happened beside loud music. Lot was almost empty then too
Old 09-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #1058
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Left at around 11 and it didn't look like it was "shut down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:53 AM   #1059
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
people are reporting tickets were issued for things. i hope the idiots haven't ruined this meet for everyone...
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:04 AM   #1060
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Friend posted that when leaving between 11-12 the cops were sitting at the exits of the parking lot inspecting vehicles. They gave him a ticket for improperly displayed plate, and insufficient lighting of rear plate...

I thought that police presence would make an improvement to the meet, but if this is the case its too bad. The two cop trucks that rolled in around 9 seemed cool when I had a chat with them.
E30_vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #1061
I STILL don't get it

I stayed until 11:30 or so. It was a lot calmer than it has been in the past few weeks. There was some police presence but nothing intense...just enough to keep people in check. That's about when the hella frush JDM kiddies ran off for fear of a VI.

It's pretty interesting that the domestics that have been coming out recently with nitrous, blowers, no hood, parachute and slicks never get hassled by the cops. Can't say I'm surprised though.

Last edited by R. Mutt; 09-12-2014 at 08:51 AM.
R. Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #1062
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
No offense to that guy with the wheelie bar....blower sticking out...no hood... gutted interior... 6 feet of tread in the back, 71 cuda?

But shit, if my car looked like that, i'd be impounded in about 3 seconds going onto the street.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2014, 09:36 AM   #1063
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I wonder if the muscle car crowd gets a "pass" due to the cops having more respect for those type of cars. Whereas the JDM crowd gets fucked over as they are all seen as trouble-causing ricers.

Profiling at it's finest.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #1064
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,066 Times in 548 Posts
Photos from last night's September 11th meet.

Full album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3332441&type=1

Feel free to tag yourselves or your friends
vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #1065
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Those NSXs
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #1066
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
I wonder if the muscle car crowd gets a "pass" due to the cops having more respect for those type of cars. Whereas the JDM crowd gets fucked over as they are all seen as trouble-causing ricers.

Profiling at it's finest.

It depends on what you've done to your car, cops will always go after the "stance" crowd because most of the cars involved have modifications that simply ignore the law entirely. Older American cars aren't as prone to extreme suspension mods, unless you're talking about lowriders, but most of those have airbag suspensions that can simply toggle to a legal ride height. You simply do not see as many classics done up like newer imports, which is why they aren't pulled as often.

Unfortunately it might have to do with racial profiling, which the RCMP will deny, but happens anyway.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 09-12-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #1067
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Sounds like the idiots are leading to the end of the meet. Being that they cant "kick" people out they are now resorting to issuing tickets to ward off people from coming.

Come to RS Thursday meet.....you may leave with $300 less in your pocket due to the cops.

Yes, the stance crowd gets bashed on by cops because it is, in many cases, not safe for the cars to be set-up like that. No ground clearance, excess stress and wear on suspension components....all of which can result in a crash if/when it fails.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #1068
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
It depends on what you've done to your car, cops will always go after the "stance" crowd because most of the cars involved have modifications that simply ignore the law entirely. Older American cars aren't as prone to extreme suspension mods, unless you're talking about lowriders, but most of those have airbag suspensions that can simply toggle to a legal ride height.
Uhh, no hood, nitrous, a wheelie bar, parachute. All that shit doesn't ignore the law?

I didn't see the car, but I would imagine his tires aren't street legal either...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Uhh, no hood, nitrous, a wheelie bar, parachute. All that shit doesn't ignore the law?

I didn't see the car, but I would imagine his tires aren't street legal either...
New safety regulations mean that older cars are not profiled as heavily as newer vehicles, and can simply get away with more shit. Back in the day, my dad and his buddies got away with drag cars on the street, blown motors, tubbed tube frames with wheelie bars and parachutes included.

It's to be expected of older iron, and thousands of drivers have gotten away with it for over fourty years. Most classic cars are in complete violation of safety regulations today in stock form anyway, which is why they aren't profiled as heavily as newer imports, you can tag more tickets onto a new car for mods that are completely legal in older cars.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #1070
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
New safety regulations mean that older cars are not profiled as heavily as newer vehicles, and can simply get away with more shit. Back in the day, my dad and his buddies got away with drag cars on the street, blown motors, tubbed tube frames with wheelie bars and parachutes included.

It's to be expected of older iron, and thousands of drivers have gotten away with it for over fourty years. Most classic cars are in complete violation of safety regulations today in stock form anyway, which is why they aren't profiled as heavily as newer imports, you can tag more tickets onto a new car for mods that are completely legal in older cars.
Ahh I see what you mean.

I'm not thinking about it from the polices perspective, I was thinking from the risk assessment perspective:

A guy with 1700HP at the bottom of his foot, is at a much higher risk of hurting others should he choose to do something stupid then some dumbass kid with a car so low he can't even hit 40 without ripping his oil pan off.

(No offense to either the 1700hp dude hitting the streets, or the stance crowd. Just making an observation.)

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #1071
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Old 09-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #1072
I AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 294 Posts
The epic part was when this 3 series (I think?) with subs was blasting "fuck the police"
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkthind View Post

Short answer: sort of not really maybe.

It relies heavily on numerous factors, including the individual police officer, some mods are on the fine line of legal/not legal. You can have a stripped out 68 Charger with a full rollcage and no airbags, you can have a 1000hp blown Hemi, you might even be able to get away with "street" slicks.

Weather plays a big part, a monster car and a rainy day is not good, hot summer days are more lenient. If you get pulled over by a baby boomer that happens to love cars, he will probably let certain things slide. If you're just cruising along late at night with nobody around, some cops could pull you over just to chat about your car.

However, a new Scion FRS can get VI'd for not having it's factory airbag steering wheel, that's the contrast we are talking about here. Technically my '00 S10 has to have it's original wheel, though older models in the same gen don't have to, so I just swapped it anyway.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 09-12-2014 at 03:44 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #1074
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/revscene/

I couldn't make it tonight but I heard cops blocked the exits and wrote people up for stupid shit like licence plate bulbs out and bent plates and all that crap. Apparently they said the property owner wants the cars gone now. It sounds like fallout from last week

The cops and the owners want the meet to stop cuz of idiots who try too hard to show off. Revving, burnouts, littering, etc. the cops blocked all the exits. Some of the guys in our team got tickets. 1 of our guys got a $105 ticket for not having an N sign. If ppl were more disciplined and respectful, this wudnt be happening

I work at London Drugs and we got a lot of complaints about the meet last week which forced the managers to get the cops and mall owners involved. Mostly people are just choked because all the parking gets taken LOL

The cops came at 1130 and surrounded the lot, everyone getting out had to show papers and drivers license

The cop said to me roll up my front windows he wanted to see if I had tint but all my other windows don't have tint why would my front have tint stupid cop

If you look at some slicks they have grooves in them and then they are street legal cops should of came earlier and stop people when leaving instead of at 1130 and when I left there was a big spot of garbage left where a bunch of people were sitting in chairs in a stall if your that lazy to walk over to put your garbage away put it in your car and take home.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #1075
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
1 of our guys got a $105 ticket for not having an N sign. If ppl were more disciplined and respectful, this wudnt be happening
So put on your damn N sign.

Seriously, the amount of stupidity I've seen from N drivers in the past few weeks has been staggering.

Kids try to hide their N signs so desperately it's hilarious. When I had my N I proudly displayed it for all to see. I don't know about the rest of you, but getting a $105 ticket for not having an N sign on, is A LOT more shameful than displaying an N sign.

Most ridiculous thing I've seen was a Jeep that literally had its entire N hidden behind the rear tire. Might as well not put it on.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote