REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 06-28-2013, 01:19 AM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

RANT: Returning items to Hollister after HST being removed

To anyone who has recently returned items to Hollister (at Pacific Centre), CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS. I ordered online a month before HST was removed and was charged for the HST (obviously), and then I had some stuff to return after the HST has been removed. When I got back home, I checked my receipt and was only refunded PST (5%) and not the other (7%) that adds up to the HST (12%). I had to go back to get my 7% tax back and they refunded it to me as its true, that they only refunded one tax back to me when they should have refunded both, their fault.

I ordered again two months later from the site as they were having a good sale online. Then I had to return a few items again this time, few items from my latest order and then another order which I have ordered over 2 months ago (2 days past their 60 day refund policy so they should be issuing me "merchandise credit") Again, there was the same freaking issue. They only refunded me the GST tax for both orders and I had to tell them if they made the same mistake again. The manager and the employee was quite confused with what I was talking about and I had to explain. Then the manager told me there is a problem processing refunds from online orders, they can't change the system to refund GST and PST separately. If she knew she can't change the system, shouldn't she have tried to just tell me "oh, btw, we only refunded you one tax, I'll refund the other one on the side though so you don't have to find out at home, rage, and come back again." LIKE SERIOUSLY, THEY STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THE PROBLEM YET? I raised the issue to the other manager a month ago, and nothing has been fixed. And clearly, the employee and the manager that dealt with my refund today doesn't seem to be aware of the issue until I had to point it out. Manager however did end up refunding me PST in the form of cash (told me its a one time thing though)

With my other order, they issued store credit for the item's value and the GST, so I asked them .. what about the PST? The manager said, with that order, we have to give you another store credit on a separate card. I asked why can't it be on the same card, just add on the value, and they said just can't do that, unless its a gift card. This is freaking ridiculous, if you ordered online and paid with store credit, you would know they only allow you to use ONE store credit card per order, meaning I would have to order AGAIN from them if I wanted to use the other store credit. Pretty much told them that's not what I wanted to do, and the dumb blonde sales associate decided to tell me, yenno you can use the store credit in store right? And what's the goddamn difference? It's impossible to find sizes or the style in store especially at PC -_-" freaking busy and everything is everywhere while online has everything. Anyways, I managed to argue to the manager that this isn't even my issue, clearly your store, I've been here quite awhile now and I'm not dealing with your BS about not being able to add on to the store credit or issuing me a second store credit card. She ended up having to give me it in cash again.

Seriously, its like the store is scamming the customer's money. They should have been aware of the 5% that they only refund out but not the 7%. The only reason why I even bother to order online is their refund policy, you can return in stores, money back if anything is wrong versus other online orders where you have to ship it back somewhere in order to get your money back, or pay for shipping yourself to return. If it weren't for the refund policy, never ordering from this store again -_-" freaking issues and terrible customer service.
Advertisement
fatpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

stop ordering online then ya dumbfuck
Phuck Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

you couldn't have let it go..?
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
you should write an email to the head office because that problem may be at all their stores and getting more than just one customer pissed off

hopefully head office will have the brains to fix it
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

clearly their system isn't refunding taxes properly.

The website oversees traffic from all over NA so I can see why their taxes arent updated.
Type Roar` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
I don't get it

I've bought from hollister couple times online and had no problems. Not sure why you're ranting about a couple bucks in store credit, just let it go man.
Stormspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
nma
#RVG

It's amazing how easy it is to upset people these days. You're seriously raging over 7%, which probably just means pocket change. Not saying it's ok for them to rip people off, it's just the fact that you sound so angry over this... Also, why are you buying so many things then returning it?? I've returned maybe like one thing in my entire life.. lol
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #8
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

I admit at the time I posted this I was pretty rage, but who isn't when thy are first rage about something. it was mainly the fact they were ripping people off that I was upset. That was a "pocket change" $8 you're talking about. I don't know how closed minded people are on here, but people like you, just because money doesnt mean anything to you, to some others money is an issue.
Posted via RS Mobile
fatpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #9
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Going to refund an unopen box note2 2 stylus to the samsung store today since I found mine. Don't get mad at me.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
who wears hollister these days anyways? maybe you should also stop buying clothes online risking having to always return it. try it on in store, or get the right size.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
first world problems
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
who wears hollister these days anyways? maybe you should also stop buying clothes online risking having to always return it. try it on in store, or get the right size.
lots of people do
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #13
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
lots of people do
sadly so.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote