REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-29-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

Bc tire & automotive

alright this is going to be a long read and if it is in the wrong section please move it...i am posting what has happened to me at this shop and how i was treated so no one else has to go through what i went through..the shop is located on 8971 120 ST SURREY

Few weeks ago I get these guys to install 2" wheel spacers and rotate my tires, during install they have 3 guys jumping from my truck to other vehicles etc and took a long ass time they told me I needed to go grab these tuner style lug nuts for the wheels to spacers so the guy behind the counter (owner) tells me to take the shop truck and pick them up which I do, over charged me for them but the truck was already on the hoist with the wheels off so what ever....the guys are struggling to lift my wheels onto my truck so they are all taking turns trying to lift them on. Finally after a few hours of me waiting around the truck is done and the guy told me to come by tomorrow and get everything torqued up, so the next day I show up and specifically told them to make sure to take the wheels off and re torque the spacers because they are new and aluminum, probably stretch or whatever he assures me he will, I now know they didn't probably because they would have to spend time lifting the wheels back on....so I have drove the truck for about 2-3weeks and noticed a slight noise from up front but figured it was my breaks needing to be replaced or something (noticed noise about a week after I got spacers put on)... And 2-3 weeks of driving is minimal for me I drive about 30k a day and not much on weekends if any......so yesterday on my way to white rock I feel a clunking in the floor/my feet, I get off the freeway and drive slowley home the trucks making clicking and messed up noises coming from the front passenger side wheel at this point, I figured wheel bearing or something so I lift it up and the wheel is all loose from the spacer to hub, take the wheel off and 2 of my studs (hub) are broke off, all are loose right off except for 2....so I'm guessing they over torqued a few then when they switched guys or what ever they missed the rest or they came loose from not being re torqued...so I'm pretty choked but lucky the wheel didn't fall off and hurt me or anyone else, so i went in there and I want them to replace my studs and check all the spacers and re torque them all properly

And I didn't stay to watch them re torque everything the day after install because they said it'll be a wait again so I went home and picked it up later that afternoon, I also have video on my phone of one of there Guys struggling to put on my wheel, also forgot in my rant that thoes tuner nuts i over paid for where not on my wheel or spacers when I took off the wheel today so I paid for a product they didn't even use (was aprox 200).. I asked the guy for the lock key they came with and he lied and told me he put them in my glovebox (should have checked when i was there but I didn't)

Advertisement
no_pistons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
I am Hook'd on RS

so i go in and tell the guy what happened he told me its not his fault and he torqued them down i said well why are they all loose? if it wasnt for the wheel they would have came right off, and 2 studs broke..i then told him i watched like 3 guys go from car to car and they could have easily missed stuff on my truck he said that was the first time and the 2nd time for the re-torque only 1 guy did all the work i said ok thats fine i wasnt here to watch so i cant say forsure what was the case or not but you obv didnt take the wheel off to tighten it all down he kept saying he did, i told him i had my mechanic (my uncle) to look at it and he was in shock at the work u guys did/didnt torque ne thing properly/at all and he told me "bring your fucking mechanic here i want to talk to him"....he kept blaming the spacers as to why this happened and i should check them i said its been 2-3 weeks im not pulling my wheels off that often to make sure u did ur job proper, he told me "what do u want me to do sit in your truck and baby sit you because you cant check your wheels" i told him ive never heard of this happening unless it was installed wrong these nuts dont come loose by them selfs if they have been re torqed properly after install and i know numerous people running them with no issues. He said he will fix the studs this one time i said thats fine but he kept blaming the spacers with my big tires and big lift, so i said to take them off and just put the wheel on then without the spacers if it makes him feel better and do not put the wheels on till i get there to inspect they changed everything properly and i can watch them put the wheels on and torque them down..he told me he cant do it today i told him thats to bad i need it today so he said fine he will do it,and to grab it at the end of the day....

after he was done blaming me for this i then asked him "remember thoes special tuner nuts u made me go buy and charged me almost 200 bucks for with and the other set of open end nuts?" he said yes i said well i took my wheel off where are they? he said oh maybe they didnt fit and he couldn't use them i said so why did u tell me u put the key for them in my glovebox when i asked you he said oh maybe i ment for the old ones. i said i specifically said the NEW ones he said well maybe there was a confusion i said ok so you charge me a retarded amount for some nuts and dont even put them on my truck thats another issue so i just told him that its not about the money now i just want my truck fixed PROPER this time and id never go back to him again.

so at the end of the day i went and picked the truck up they had the wheels on my truck outside done i said i told u multiple times not to put the wheels on so i can see and he said he didnt have time, then he started bullshitting why the nuts were loose and broken so my uncle started asking him questions he couldnt answer and he got frustrated so he said "get the fuck out of here now fuck off" my uncle told him to calm down he was just asking questions to what he was telling us and hes like i dont care get out and then hes like ok where are the wheel nuts he paid 200 bucks for that arnt on the truck are you going to give us thoes or give us some of the money back and he said to fuck off and he will see me in court then just kept swearing at us telling us to fuck off calling us bastards etc etc.....then i started swearing at him and he called my uncle a peice of shit etc etc, then there was him and his 2 kids and his friend inside then the kids ran outside got some mechanics to come in so i walked out of the shop as we were yelling at eachother then realized my uncle didnt follow so i went in there and pulled him away from the guy and that is that.......calling the BBB on tuesday when they open
Old 06-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
I don't get it

Hmm I bought 2 tires from them 3/4 years ago... They switched em up, balanced and of I was... Fairly good price too...
Anyways, sorry to hear about ur experience. Fkn sux
Posted via RS Mobile
bloodline129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #4
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodline129 View Post
Hmm I bought 2 tires from them 3/4 years ago... They switched em up, balanced and of I was... Fairly good price too...
Anyways, sorry to hear about ur experience. Fkn sux
Posted via RS Mobile
ya at the same time all this happened well before all this actually when they were installing them all i also purchased 4 tires off them for the speed3 and that was fine, except when the guy almost ripped the front bumper off while backing it off one of the lift he couldmt make it over the little bump the tires would spin from the grease so he drove it forward a bit and went fast backwards over the lift (one of the lifts u drive over and the big cylinder comes out of the ground to lift it i believe), there was no damage so i didnt say anything im not the type to make a scene over nothing
Old 06-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_pistons7 View Post
calling the BBB on tuesday when they open

The BBB can't actually do anything. Here is their administrative process:

They'll call the shop (only if the shop is a BBB member themselves) and say "We have a complaint from a customer. Here are the details"

The shop has two choices. They can say "Okay, we were wrong and things are our fault" which means they see their BBB rating go down until the shop pays the fees to get it back up to a perfect rating (basically paying a bribe to restore their credibility).

They can also say "No, the customer is wrong. Its their fault. We did the work perfectly" in which case BBB will return to you and say "They disagree so we can't do anything about it. We suggest that if you have a valid claim you go to small claims court" and thats the end of your interaction with BBB. The shop doesn't have to pay to have their rating restored because they didn't admit to any wrongdoing.

You can also call Consumer Protection B.C., which is a similar company (NOT a government agency as the name would imply) to open a dispute with them. They will politely call the shop and ask for details on the dispute, then politely ask them to resolve the issue with you. At no point can Consumer Protection B.C. -actually- take any administrative of disciplinary action against a private business.

I'm sorry to say but you have no options aside from court. There is no consumer protection government agency in British Columbia. In fact, posting on Revscene is more effective than going to the BBB or CPBC for the following reasons:

You get to tell your experience in your own words in a Google-indexed search when people search for B.C. Tire and Automotive in Surrey. People checking out that shop through a web search may see this post in the search results, see your experience, and stay away.

You've potentially prevented at least one Revscene member from going to this shop and having a horrible experience. This means less money in the pockets of the owners due to their reputation and they will need to work harder to avoid complaints like this in the future.

You can validate the complaints and suspicions of others who have experienced poor workmanship by virtue of your complaint. Sometimes we can leave a shop experience wondering if the work was done right because of a sneaking suspicion we have. We didn't see it done so we have to trust the workers. Well, with you that trust was broken. Others reading this thread who have been customers of B.C. Tire & Automotive can know they've likely been screwed over as well.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Its not a shop I've been to but, based on your experience, its not a shop I'll likely go to. Please review the list of Revscene sponsors for a quality and reliable shop you can visit in the future.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
had a brain aneurysm trying to read your post OP, but did you search for any reviews before taking your vehicle to this shop?
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
I am Hook'd on RS

Ya sorry it was a pain to read lol, I didn't research on the shop before hand I just went there because it was close to home and was a basic tire rotation and bolt on some spacers, I figured its near impossible to mess that up but I sure was wrong....as long as I can keep a few people away from having this happen to them or even worse there wheel fall off I am happy, the pictures show the kind of work he does and speak for them selfs it was only a few hundred I lost and my time, could have been ALOT worse, it's times like these I'm glad I pay alot of attention to any noise or feel I haven't noticed before on any of my vehicles.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
live and learn... the wheel studs breaking didn't cause an accident, and that's what's most important.

Let's see some pictures of your truck now, it sounds sick.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #9
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_pistons7 View Post
alright this is going to be a long read and if it is in the wrong section please move it...i am posting what has happened to me at this shop and how i was treated so no one else has to go through what i went through..the shop is located on 8971 120 ST SURREY

Spoiler!
This was your first mistake...

Almost all of those shops there are shady as fuck.