REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 09-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #76
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I believe his cancer is in remission and has been for a while. The spin-off talks were based on Quinn and Hanna's characters.
Advertisement
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #77
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
hahah i just watched the last three eps today. what total fucking garbage. you know a show is bad when you have to play candy crush on the side just to make it to the end.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #78
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
I sort of gave up on Dexter after the Trinity Killer Season as it was starting to go downhill for me. I watched the past couple seasons out of respect that it was once a great show and I might as well see it to the end. For the last 2 seasons I've been either skimming episodes or doing stuff on the side while watching it. I thought I could watch the last episode in its entirety but still couldn't. Too bad, Dexter I don't miss you.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #79
I came, I saw, I conquered.

Pretty much sums it up:

Quote:
So much bad writing in the last few episodes:

Wanted fugitive Hannah Doesn't bother to cut or dye her hair or attempt to change her appearance in any way, proceeds to walk around in broad daylight.
Wanted fugitive Hannah can't be bothered to even put on a big hat and sunglasses when taking Harrison to the hospital.
Also apparently no hospitals or hotels in miami has security cameras, or the cops / marshal never think to check them.
Airport security does not recognize a woman who is on the US marshals wanted list.

Nobody recognizes the most wanted man in miami as he strolls around a hospital.
...or sees him when he knifes a guy a parking lot.
Cliche "take a vet hostage cause I can't go to a hospital" scene.

Climatic Saxon vs Dexter fist fight literally ends before it even starts.

Dexter letting saxon live is retardedly implausible, he knows everything about Dexter and the possibility that he could tip the police off to him is to much of a risk, especially when Dexter has already been accused and narrowly avoided these accusations before. It's probable that Batista or what's his name, the chief of police guy, would get suspicious that maybe laguerta was right. Even though he is planning to flee the country the attention is bad for him AND Deb.

Also how many times does Dexter not kill someone only to have it come back to bite him in the ass? Learn from your mistakes dumbass.

Ellway just magically finds Hannah on the bus when "one of his sources comes through". Bullshit. Plot convenience. Bad writing.
Hannah drugs him with a needle in public. Nobody notices. Flat out describes what she just did on a crowded bus. No one hears it.
She also apparently had her peripheral vision surgically removed to not see him flat out sit down next to her.
Ellway knew where she was going and what... he just wakes up on the bus and never tells anyone or looks for her? ever?

Aster and Cody mentioned once, in passing, the entire season.
Guess the grandparents aren't going to care what happened to their grandson? or his father?

Dexter leaving his kid with poisoner who he has known for what? A month? Less? Who has poisoned him and his sister (twice). Love really is blind.
Also harrison is apparently wolverine and his chin magically healed without having to have the stitches removed.
Nobody is going to question the disappearance of harrison?

Nurses don't rush into a room with a crash cart when a patient flatlines.
Nobody even looks at Dexter as he walks out with a body.
...or loads the body on a boat.

The whole Matsuoka's daughter plot point going nowhere. We don't even get an emotional father / daughter scene or something? Existed solely to pad the episodes. Insulting.

Dexter dumping his sisters body in the same manner he dumped countless pedophiles and murderers.
Also, why even do this? Pulling the plug, sure. But dumping the body? Why rob Quin and everyone else who loved her from the closure of burying her?

Dexter talking his way out of his killing saxon when he wasn't supposed to be there.
...and then they just let him go.

Dexter surviving a hurricane.

Lumberjack???...

Fantastic show, but this entire final season never should have happened, didn't even feel like the same show.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #80
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

^ i lol'd
Spoiler!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #81
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Garbage series finale. Breaking bad finale was awesome
Posted via RS Mobile
AppleSugary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #82
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Hannah just so happens to carry a horse tranquilizer on her way to her new life.

i admit I had this doubt growing inside me watching the breaking bad finale thinking it'd flop as well because of the lumberjack beard both Jesse and Walt were sporting
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #83
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
My bitterness towards the series finale still burns strong. Nothing but shitty writing and plot holes everywhere. It's a shame that the greatness of the show itself will be overshadowed by how shitty the finale(and season really) actually was.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #84
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Hannah just so happens to carry a horse tranquilizer on her way to her new life.

i admit I had this doubt growing inside me watching the breaking bad finale thinking it'd flop as well because of the lumberjack beard both Jesse and Walt were sporting
Breaking Bad > Dexter

not even close

you were wrong to even compare the two at all heh
Spoiler!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #85
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

WTF DID I JUST WATCH?

way to ruin one of my favorite shows. season 8 just dragged on and i just powered through the last 4 episodes. I had this. . just tell me how it ends type of attitude feeling.

i would have been satisfied if they ended it with the second last episode. with something along where he realizes he doesn't need to kill anymore and he realizes his urges stop and he goes off to Argentina and deb arrests that saxyon guy or saxon tries to get away but Deb shoots him. you see hanna, dexter and harrison in argentina and he realizes that his need for love and family is more powerful than his need to kill. I mean anything, anything is better than a lumberjack.

last episode was pure WTF??? a lumberjack?
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote