REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Are warning tickets on record?

Recently I was stopped by a police for not stopping completely at a stop sign, she didn't fine me but gave me a warning ticket instead. The ticket itself had been pretty much all filled out, with 'Fail to obey stop sign MVA sec 186 $167' written on it but crossed with a 'warning' written on it.

My question is, will the ticket be on my records? I searched the police forums but there were not direct answers to whether or not warning tickets are seen when they pull me over.
Advertisement
requieml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Pretty mch any ticket will be on your drivers abstruct.
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

to my knowledge:
every time you talk to police it will end up in their files but a warning will not show up to icbc. so the next cop that pulls you over will see you got a warning.

Last edited by jackal; 06-29-2013 at 08:47 PM.
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Unless you are issued with a VT that either requires you to dispute it or pay it, it will only become part of your driving history is you get convicted or fail to dispute it. If the particular Police dept has a policy to enter all traffic interactions on Prime then it will show that you were stopped & a warning issued. I'm not personally aware of any force that has the time to waste to do this.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #5
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Unless you are issued with a VT that either requires you to dispute it or pay it, it will only become part of your driving history is you get convicted or fail to dispute it. If the particular Police dept has a policy to enter all traffic interactions on Prime then it will show that you were stopped & a warning issued. I'm not personally aware of any force that has the time to waste to do this.
This.

Pretty much everything gets entered into PRIME, but only other peace officers (and yourself through a FOIA) can read it.
ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_510 View Post
This.

Pretty much everything gets entered into PRIME, but only other peace officers (and yourself through a FOIA) can read it.
Zulutango has just said that not every ticket is entered...I think you misunderstood him.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
RS Peace Officer

There was talk a few years ago of entering all VTs and warnings into Prime...but if you write 40-50 contacts a day, entering vehicle, driver, RO and DOE info will take a huge amount of time.....all roadside with your head down while you are not doing your job..4 hours just entering data....and that is assuming that you do not start an individual file for each VT. It used to take me up to 90 minutes in the cue waiting for a file to be generated.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
There was talk a few years ago of entering all VTs and warnings into Prime...but if you write 40-50 contacts a day, entering vehicle, driver, RO and DOE info will take a huge amount of time.....all roadside with your head down while you are not doing your job..4 hours just entering data....and that is assuming that you do not start an individual file for each VT. It used to take me up to 90 minutes in the cue waiting for a file to be generated.
Thanks for your answer; the VT stands for valid ticket?
requieml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #9
RS Peace Officer

VT= Violation Ticket. Cop slang.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
It used to take me up to 90 minutes in the cue waiting for a file to be generated.
You just dated yourself... Now you can create them yourself in the car in seconds.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #11
RS Peace Officer

We had to wait in line for the LMD transcription approvals. Made for lots of involuntary OT sitting in the office, waiting for access to a file that had to be worked on...always at the end of shift. You could create them in car, but when you needed more access to add stuff back at the office it went into slow motion. Was lots of frustration as I had a 2 hour commute at the end of my block.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #12

Ah yes, transcriptions can sometimes be a drag.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #13
RS Peace Officer

Mine always seemed to happen just before shift end with a 215 that you had to conclude so you could fax info to MVB to start the suspension, then list all the entities on the file along with the release info for the car etc... all done before start of 4 days off. The info and file had to be done before I could go home. Waited 2 hours past end of shift one night until I could finally get it done. Not a happy camper
Old 07-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #14

Sorry, all i got out of that was double bubble.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #15
RS Peace Officer

Not on our Unit budget.