REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 07-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (and friend codes)

I know there's a 3DS thread, already, but I think AC deserves its own thread. Been playing this for almost a month, and there's still new stuff happening, like stores and businesses opening. I have 111+ hours logged.

In Animal Crossing, you are the new mayor that has moved into town. You have a home that you can furnish and expand. As mayor, you interact with the townsfolk, pass new ordinances, build public projects. When you're not working, you can go fish, catch bugs, and dig up fossils to add more exhibits to the town's museum, or you can just sell your catches at the store. You can even take a boat to paradise to participate in various activities, or just your own thing. There is a lot of content in this game!

I've been working at expanding my house. That bastard, Tom Nook, has taken millions of bells from me, now.

My daily routine includes:
-buying fortune cookies to see if i win a nice prize
-dig up fossils, and get them checked out by blathers
-see what my Happy Home score is
-give an apple to Dr. Shrunk for a new expression
-earn some bells

Is anyone up for sharing friend codes?

1) Presto - 5472-6183-7662
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caress.jpg (20.4 KB, 0 views)
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
Zombie Mod

A good way of making a lot of bells in a minimal amount of time is to travel to the Island, and hunt beetles and sharks. Once there, It has been recommended to chop down all the non-palm trees, and dig up the flowers. Then, plant some more palm trees by burying bananas. Palm trees will attract the pricey beetles. Chase away hermit crabs, and other crawling bugs, so that more beetles will spawn.

You could play the turnip market, but I, personally, find that boring.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I'm out of town without wi-fi this weekend. I'll post my FC when I get back.

My new fav thing to do is run streetpass on the skytrain. The houses show up in your showcase and you can order non-rare items for your home. I've ordered many items and it beats waiting for timmy and tommy to stock something cool.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:16 AM   #4
Zombie Mod

Bump for an old thread. New Leaf is getting an update which adds Splatoon content, and Amiibo support:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is getting a free update this fall, which will let players scan amiibo to unlock more content in game. It looks as if a normal villager card will make that character move in. The Animal Crossing figures are also compatible, and there is a tease of Splatoon content. Two squirrels that look like Callie and Marie can move into town, and there also appear to be furniture and clothing items based on Splatoon and the Squid Sisters. Since the update seems to be amiibo-based, they might be only obtainable with the Callie and Marie amiibo.