REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 07-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
3 Paycheque Month

It's been awhile since I've been at a organization that pays every 2 weeks...and not on a 15th/end of month pay cycle.

With the 'every 2 weeks' cycle, there are times that you would get paid
3 times in a given month. so how does that work? technically speaking,
does it really count as some kind of bonus chq or does it all work out at the end of the year?
Advertisement
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
august is my next 3 pay cheque month

just the way the calendar days are, example:

yesterday was my payday, july 4th

my next will be july 18th.

usually you just get 2 a month, but every now and then you'll get 3 a month.

so august 1'st will be a pay day, 15, and 29th.

so if you can manage all your financial bill payments on a regular given month, then on a month when you get 3 pay days, its like a lil extra Christmas surprise you get an extra XXXX amount to play with.

so, it doesn't make it a bonus cheque, its just like a luck of the draw..."this month you get paid 3 times because your first pay day was at the dead start of the month". just the way the cookie crumbles.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Depends how you pay your bills, I make my loan and mortgage payments weekly so although I end up with a little bit extra money on those months it's not as much as it could be.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

off topic a bit, but does anyone know how to put this in excel? to calculate how many paychecks are in a month, for the next year?
Nechako87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechako87 View Post
off topic a bit, but does anyone know how to put this in excel? to calculate how many paychecks are in a month, for the next year?
Open a calendar and look for yourself. Is it that hard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

if you're making a budget plan for the next, let's say, 4 years...are you going to look for each 2 paycheck month?

this is why...we...have...excel.
Nechako87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
I don't see how the fuck it makes a difference. If you're getting paid bi-weekly, of course twice a year you will have been paid three times in a month. It's not 'bonus' money, it's still money you worked two weeks to get.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
I don't see how the fuck it makes a difference. If you're getting paid bi-weekly, of course twice a year you will have been paid three times in a month. It's not 'bonus' money, it's still money you worked two weeks to get.
it "fucking" makes a difference (really have no clue why you had to swear there) because the majority of bills and/or expenses occur monthly, and not bi-weekly.

You make $250 a paycheck, which is $500 a month 10 months out of the year. Your insurance costs you $100 a month, rent is $200 a month, and your cell phone is $50 a month, and you have $150 spending money.

All of a sudden, at the end of the month, you've paid off everything for that month, and you have an extra $250. Hence the "bonus".
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #9
I don't get it

It's 4 times a year u jackasses lol... and yes u did work for it but since your bills are already calculated in (pay twice a month) it's extra cash flow
Posted via RS Mobile
bloodline129 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #10
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
How is it 4 times a year...

Bi-weekly = 26 paychecks.

12 months = 2 paychecks/month = 24 paychecks.

26 - 24 = 2.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #11
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

My fiance gets paid bi-monthly (24 times) and I get paid bi-weekly (26 times). I make $9k more but each of her pay cheque is $2-300 more than mine. At the end of the day bills got to be paid. I don't see why people might think it's "extra cash" because it's not.
Posted via RS Mobile
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #12
I don't get it

I get paid 15th and 30th and every 3 months I have a 120 hours payday... Look up your calendar and see for yourself... Think it's march July October n January....
Posted via RS Mobile
bloodline129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #13

Exactly what Special K said!

For those of you who think its a bonus or extra cash, you guys must have really piss poor spending habbits or no money sense.

If you are making $60k a year and get paid bi-weekly, and assuming there are 2 "extra" paycheques, you will make $2,307.69 gross while getting paid bi-monthly gives you $2,500 per paycheque. No matter what, it still equals $60k and all the same.
Quote:
My Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2013, 01:38 AM   #14
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
They consider it "extra" because most people budget for 2 paychecks a month. Their bill payments, expenses, and extra spending is based on month-to-month rather than yearly. So in that way, they are being paid $60K a year, but are budgeting for $55K per year ($2300 per paycheck x 2x a month x 12 months). So twice a year they have an 'extra' paycheck that wasn't budgeted for.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #15
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
personally, i wouldn't consider it extra. you put in the hours, you get paid. you get paid 3 times a month, you worked "an extra 2 weeks" worth.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #16
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
Exactly what Special K said!

For those of you who think its a bonus or extra cash, you guys must have really piss poor spending habbits or no money sense.

If you are making $60k a year and get paid bi-weekly, and assuming there are 2 "extra" paycheques, you will make $2,307.69 gross while getting paid bi-monthly gives you $2,500 per paycheque. No matter what, it still equals $60k and all the same.
I don't think anyone actually thinks they're getting extra money as in extra salary. Like Skinny said, when you have monthly bills that are generally paid with 2 cheques on months you get that third you'll have more disposable income because those bills are paid with the other two draws making that money you normally put towards those bills disposable.

If you have a $100 cable bill do you pay it once a month or do you pay $46.15 every two weeks? I'm guessing you pay the $100 every month. If you did pay every bill weekly or biweekly then I'd agree the 3rd cheque in a month makes no difference at all.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 07-07-2013 at 07:46 AM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #17

Ok well noted and I can see where you guys are coming from. The illusion of having extra pay.

I get paid once a month, makes no difference to me haha
Quote:
My Feedback
Old 07-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #18
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
you will still work the same amount of hrs in the year, lol...