REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post
Its highly ironic that the only CiC is the only person on this forums actually post sources to back up his arguments. Crazy or not, he's one of the few members that doesn't just defecate all over his keyboard, and then proceed to call whoever disagrees with them idiots.
Lol. I was just laughing about that last night. Not with CiC but how some others tend to go off on some things and anyone that disagrees is automatically wrong.

I mean, CIC may look for sources, but its still not a discussion on a subject. It's still a fight for conversational supremacy. It's still revscene.
Advertisement
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #27
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I like this thread.
Windstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #28
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Lol. I was just laughing about that last night. Not with CiC but how some others tend to go off on some things and anyone that disagrees is automatically wrong.

I mean, CIC may look for sources, but its still not a discussion on a subject. It's still a fight for conversational supremacy. It's still revscene.
From a purely objective point of view CiC wins out in most arguments just because he actually provides source of where his viewpoints are coming from. His source being legitimate or not he's not afraid to show the basis of his argument.

The rest of the people just clatter away about their opinion and how it is true and the other person is wrong purely because they said so. Guess you can't expect too much out of an internet forum haha
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #29
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
From a purely objective point of view CiC wins out in most arguments just because he actually provides source of where his viewpoints are coming from. His source being legitimate or not he's not afraid to show the basis of his argument.

The rest of the people just clatter away about their opinion and how it is true and the other person is wrong purely because they said so. Guess you can't expect too much out of an internet forum haha
Even when people provide actual evidence dismissing his viewpoint, he ignores it entirely and tries to change the subject. That's why no one bothers anymore, because he'll just ignore it and post more bullshit using the same sources that are biased, unreliable or otherwise while not even bothering to address any evidence that counters his.

Anyone who's actually tried to debate him (with evidence) has given up because there's no point in arguing with someone who ignores what you've presented and steamrolls over any sort of evidence you have by plugging their ears like a 5 year old. This is why he'll get ignored when he actually posts something of merit, his history ruins his legitimacy.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #30
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:

Except I've pointed him in the direction of many alternative sources for my arguments and he'll either claim that it's a farce (if I used a news article from a "mainstream" publisher/broadcaster) or that I'm fabricating and distorting evidence if I use my own tools to disprove something (like when I used Photoshop to disprove his Boston bomber from being pasted into a photo).

I gave up a while ago and will usually ignore him. I'll only pipe up now if it's something that's so inane that my moral compass compels me to respond.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #31
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Its highly ironic that the only CiC is the only person on this forums actually post sources to back up his arguments. Crazy or not, he's one of the few members that doesn't just defecate all over his keyboard, and then proceed to call whoever disagrees with them idiots.
Actually the ironic part is that he uses the same crackpot conspiracy websites all the time as his sources, and yells at people who use established legitimate sources instead. He spouts off whatever bullshit they have fed into his (honestly I think damaged) mind, and calls everyone else 'sheep' who are brainwashed.

The irony is that he's the one who is brainwashed, by other lunatics.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #32
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,040 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #33
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
I once had a discussion (two actually...) where I AM THE FUCKING EXPERT SOURCE and he wouldn't believe me over some crackpot idiot on the Internet that went to Yale for creative writing or something.

Once was regarding JPEG compression causing abnormalities in a picture rather than Photoshop. They tried to zoom in on a JPEG at 400% and wondered why it looked pixelated. As a photographer, I think I know a couple things about pictures and photoshop.

The other time was something to do with the 9/11 planes and their navigation/communication systems and I happen to be an avionics technician. Nope...apparently PressTV knows more than someone reading out of the actual manual telling you the reason why nav aids aren't 100% reliable 100% of the time.

He isn't here to debate anything. He's here to be right because he can't wrap his head around the rest of the world not being as crazy as him.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #34
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
So, a bit of [gasp!] sanity here.

CiC, you have a thread for consipracy and zionist stuff. That stuff stays there. I've edited your posts here for clarity but not content, however any future posts on those topics here will be moved to that thread. I don't enjoy banning people from threads, especially when it's threads they start.
Are you making new RevScene rules? Dont mention Zionist stuff?
And whats with keeping me banned from the burger thread... I commented on a guy wanting me to change my name to "I love Zionist" for a bet, and now this subject... of all the off topic things said on RevScene is taboo now???

Quote:
Certainly, mistakes happen. And absolutely this is one of those cases. We can also tell that the issues go deeper because the patient in question's depression led her to suicide after this, and attempts beforehand (ie: what brought us to this incident). Did the hospital fail to follow its own procedures and listen to its staff (the nurses)? Absolutely. Is this a systemic failure? No.
People call me delusional, but I find what you're saying pretty crazy... from your keyboard you investigated this case and closed it on the bases of "hospital failed to follow procedure".

Quote:
Do people die in hospitals? Absolutely. But people are also on the whole living much longer. Some people are going back to the 'paleo diet' because it's more healthy and better for our bodies. People seem to forget that we used to live only to about the age of 40 if we were lucky, and that before modern agrarian developments we were typically about a foot shorter than we now find ourselves. Am I saying that our world is perfect now? No. But not everything can be blamed on the fault of individuals or groups (either real or imagined).

Yes we can blame people or groups, hospitals and doctors are the 3rd killers of humans in North America... but lets deflect this into people are living longer now and the paleo diet... no.

Quote:
Shit happens. We are living in an fucking amazing time where information, both good and bad, can be had in an instant's notice; where we can push our voices and ideas across the entire world. Where previously-fatal diseases can be reduced to virtually nothing within the space of a generation (HIV/AIDS now only takes ARVs which reduces the viral load to below the threshold required to infect others). Where a heart attack is no longer fatal. Where being shot or stabbed or losing an eye or having brain damage, or even being torn in half no longer means death.
I'll take my advanced medical procedures without the threat of having my organs stolen thank you very much... too bad I wouldnt be able to afford a private hospital if I needed it.
- Cue in the "why are you still living here then" tards.

And yes we are living in an fucking amazing time where information, both good and bad, can be had in an instant's notice... but dont mention Zionists and conspiracy theories on RevScene.

Quote:
Now. You're welcome to debate the advantages and disadvantages of the medical system, but this thread should be limited to a discussion on the current system of organ harvesting, the ups and downs of the medical system, the effectiveness of our system of measuring 'death' and 'validity' and so on.

No how about the ruling elites, and yes Zionist, that are responsible for most of the world plight. If thats going to get me banned then its not worth it for me to be here in the first place.

In solidarity with occupied Palestinians, Jews against Zionism and all that is moral... I await my permanent ban by continually re-posting my censored comments...
unless this site acknowledges in its rules that the mentioning of Zionism in a negative light is not allowed.
I understand that this site runs on Zionist aligned automobile companies but I find it offensive to silently censor this political issue unless its openly stated in the rules.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #35
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
You have an entire playpen for all your crazy already. Let the sane folks talk about sane topics.

And I'm pretty sure no one here gives a shit about Zionists apart from you. You're not being censored because of that. You're censored because it's goddamn annoying that you think everything is a conspiracy. If I had milk this morning, you'd conclude it's because Jews stole my orange juice.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #36
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Anyone else read the title as "Woman Wakes Up Just Before Orgasm Harvest" ?
Omg rofl, ill TY later when i get home
Posted via RS Mobile
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #37
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
In solidarity with occupied Palestinians, Jews against Zionism and all that is moral... I await my permanent ban by continually re-posting my censored comments...unless this site acknowledges in its rules that the mentioning of Zionism in a negative light is not allowed.I understand that this site runs on Zionist aligned automobile companies but I find it offensive to silently censor this political issue unless its openly stated in the rules.
Is this for real or is a mod screwing with your sig?

Because if its real..."this site runs on Zionist aligned automobile companies" thanks for this. What car companies should I purchase from that are free from zionist alignment issues? VW/Porsche and BMW only?
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #38
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Why can't we all just get along?
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #39
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #40
I subscribe to Revscene

Media coverup of organ harvest

A family privately investigates sons murder... the news does a report on the organs missing

Oct 10th
Kendrick Johnson's Organs Missing From Body Replaced With Newspaper! CNN

Today
CNN

NBC (video)
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...endrick-johnson

ABC

Not one mention of the organs being replaced!
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 11-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #41
I subscribe to Revscene

Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 11-09-2013, 03:45 AM   #42
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
skip to 1:30 and mute the music

Heroes- Hayden Panettiere - YouTube
Everytime I think of the series 'Heroes', I think of this...... skip to 0:23 muting optional.

Spoiler!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #43
I subscribe to Revscene

more on the cover up
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc