REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #26
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
^
Advertisement
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #27
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
armin
w&w
hardwell
ms54
dash
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Uh..........which is most if not all these "disc jockeys" on DJMag have done/do. AKA PRODUCE and RECORD their tracks for events/parties/clubs/dancing

Don't know why you're getting so butthurt what a disc jockey is and what not. We can vote for whoever the fuck we wanna vote for
I'm butthurt because as a DJ I think it sux a bunch of nob jockeys who mime there sets get on the list but DJ's with actual skill don't make the list. A lot of the DJ's on the list don't even produce there own music.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Aly & Fila, Myon & Shane 54
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #30
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
"At the present moment I’m not recording, I’m not on a tour, and I’ve never had a song who’s number 1 on Beatport. I’ve never been featured on JunoDownload or Trackitdown. I’ve never released vinyl but what I do know is that I’ve been listening to electronica for many years and I’ve every right to speak my mind against the fabricated music that is being released on a daily basis. It’s absolutely appalling! All these people think that if you’re on the Beatport top 10 then you’re making something out of yourself, well your making a mockery out of electronic music! I’m a producer and I come from the underground, and I’m quite frankly I’m sick and tired! And I’m here to go on these rents on messageboards because I know I’ll never amount to anything and I need to make myself feel better so when I’m not high on cocaine I will sit in front of this computer till the cows come home and continue ranting and raving about artists that are actually living out their dreams because I never will!"
Old 07-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #31
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

my personal picks: not from what other people choose ofc... haha havent checked the first page to see who you guys voted for yet.. but

Porter Robinson
Hardwell
W&W
Bingo Players
Arty

all based on live performances i've seen and what they've produced in the last year

amazing, just amazing. especially arty@lucky in seattle and bingo players
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #32
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
ATB
Audien
Dash Berlin
Jaytech
Armin Van Buuren
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Ehhh... won't be voting...but if I did vote.

Hardwell - Don't care if its pre-recorded or not, but his sets are mixed nearly flawlessly with perfect timing of the effects. (And he knows what the crowd wants)

Armin - Terrible productions this year, but this is a top DJ list and he clearly showed he can put on an amazing tracklist from his 138bpm set from asot this year.

W&W - Knows how to put on a show. Same as Hardwell.

Bryan Kearney/Indecent Noise - Haven't seen these guys live yet, but can't wait until they come to Van. I swear all the high BPM artists know how to mix flawlessly.

Simon Patterson - Same as above. It just makes me happy when "producers" know how to mix other than beat matching and switching songs. That's when you know they aren't just producers, but "DJs".

As long as these EDM producers get up on stage and bang out a killer set, they're DJs to me. My criteria for good DJing: Knows how to mix 2 songs together in many different ways. Has a great tracklist for the right kind of crowd. Gets the crowd pumped and jumping.

Markus fits all of those, but haven't seen him this year nor have I heard any of his sets from the past year. Producer wise, he's #1.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2013, 01:29 AM   #34
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
if I had a extra vote it would probably go to markus Schulz lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:44 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDeeCee View Post
As long as these EDM producers get up on stage and bang out a killer set, they're DJs to me. My criteria for good DJing: Knows how to mix 2 songs together in many different ways. Has a great tracklist for the right kind of crowd. Gets the crowd pumped and jumping.
Problem is playing a pre recorded set is not DJing. The only thing Avicii does is move the volume up and down. He got butt hurt when the opening DJ played a few of the same songs that were in his pre recorded set.

Avicii Tim Bergling Interview - GQ April 2013

Old 07-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Hardwell
Armin
Above&Beyond
Bingo Players
MS54 or Alesso
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #37
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
heres a real fun article about (mainly) what deadmau5 thinks about the whole 'push play' deal.

Is Deadmau5 Right? The ?We All Hit Play? Debate | Learn How To DJ with Digital DJ Controllers and DJ Techniques | DJ TechTools

“we all hit play.

its no secret. when it comes to “live” performance of EDM… that’s about the most it seems you can do anyway. It’s not about performance art, its not about talent either (really its not) In fact, let me do you and the rest of the EDM world button pushers who fuckin hate me for telling you how it is, a favor and let you all know how it is.... my “skills” and other PRODUCERS skills shine where it needs to shine… in the goddamned studio, and on the fucking releases. thats what counts…”

somewhere along the line, producers got thrown into the same title as DJs. maybe DJ mag needs a new list for producers. but lets be serious, almost nobody cares about DJs, they only care about the producers and the songs they create.

Last edited by RRxtar; 07-17-2013 at 03:06 PM.
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #38
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
viper .... oh man love this remix

Dannic vs Fedde Le Grand - Viper Sparks (Mauri Mora vs. CPT Edit) FULL - YouTube

probably gonna put W&W in there. dunno whos 5th
ill raise you with Viper Vandalism

Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #39

Posted by Gareth Emery:

https://www.facebook.com/garethemery...51476089447273

Just took a bizarre unsolicited phone call from a publicity company who help DJs promote themselves for the Top 100 poll, who told me I should be aware one of my ‘competitors’ (as she put it) was spending $15,000 on Twitter advertising alone, and unless I got on that sort of level, I would find it ‘hard to compete’. Obviously not going to say who the DJ was, but I was nearly sick in my mouth.

So here’s an alternative Top 100 message: Don’t vote for me. Seriously, when you buy a ticket to see me in a club, I consider that a vote. When you blast my music in your car, or share it on Facebook, or tell your friends about it, that’s a vote too. Those votes, and the amazing support you’ve shown over the last year, is what matters to me.

If you did plan on voting for me, give that vote instead to the DJs you see spending their money on promoted tweets, sponsored stories, banner adverts, rebranded twitter pages, etc. If they care that much about their number, just let them have it.

In return for your non-votes, rather than spend an amount on a campaign that would probably buy a school in Africa, I am going to donate the same amount to charity, and maybe some good can come out of this.

Actually how about this… I’ll post a poll of my own tomorrow with some various charities that I like and you guys can vote to decide which ones I will donate to. Together we can do something good. A poll where I’ll be proud, rather than ashamed, to ask for your votes.

Back soon,

Gaz
Old 07-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #40
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
Lol Gareth fell so much on the DJmag ranking within the last 2-3 years. I was really surprised he fell so much last year, which is probably why he wrote that. Wouldn't be surprised if he falls even more this year bit can't blame him. Dude just got married and took a lot of time off touring and producing this year. This is probably the first year I haven't voted for him in the last 4-5 years.
Posted via RS Mobile
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #41
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
matthew coma > your edit

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #42

from tydi, probably cause trance DJ's are falling off the charts (except armin and dash berlin)

Quote:
Ladies & gentlemen - Please read this because it's very important to me.

Today I read an incredible post by my friend Gareth Emery who wrote something on his FB page that really did pull on my heart strings. He brought up the unfortunate truth that for even himself to compete in this DJ Mag Top 100 Poll he has to pay a significant amount of money on advertising. If this is the case for Gareth, then can you imagine what it's like for me??

I still can't believe that to this day I've already had the pleasure of being ranked in the Top 100 DJ's for 4 years. It was because of you guys, but that's enough for me now.

Admittedly, even this year I had a banner on this very page asking you all to vote - I've decided to take it down and change my opinion on the whole thing. I've never liked the idea of being ranked by 'votes' that had to be begged for. The final results never end up representing how many fans an artist has, how many records they've sold or how many people go to their shows. It's only ever about who rounds up the most votes via marketing or whatever other means they may have. Music shouldn't be about that. I appreciate another artist saying it first; and now the chains are lifted off my own back.

YOU, the fans, the supporters and my friends don't need to see me ranked in a poll anymore - I don't need to be another number on a list. I can just look on my social media and know who my ACTUAL fans are. I know that it's you guys who buy my music and attend my shows. So I think you can all formulate your own intelligent opinions, on which DJ's you like the most and who's music really moves you.

So, thank you so much to anyone who's purchased my music, attended my shows or even replied to me on FB or Twitter; that's all I need now and I'm extremely grateful.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 07-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #43

Every year DJ's get busted trying to cheat and get kicked off the list.

Imagine If the NHL dedicated to get rid of the playoff's and just have a voting contest to see who one the playoffs.

Quote:
I voted for the Pittsburgh Penguins because Sidney Crosby is so cute
Old 07-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #44
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Pretty funny...

DJ Mag Top 100 Campaign Ads from Alanis Morissette, Boys Noize, Afrojack, Dillon Francis, Gary Richards, Paul Oakenfold, Dashiell Driscoll, Funny Or Die, Matt Sweeney, Ben Sheehan, and Chris Poole
StutteR_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #45

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Old 07-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #46
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Problem is playing a pre recorded set is not DJing. The only thing Avicii does is move the volume up and down. He got butt hurt when the opening DJ played a few of the same songs that were in his pre recorded set.

Avicii Tim Bergling Interview - GQ April 2013

Sucker DJ... Just Press Play! - YouTube
well.. he also admitted that he had no history or experience with music instruments or what not LOL
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #47

the edm world was so peaceful until top100djmag came alone
Old 08-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #48
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

top 100 poll is just a tool for "artists" to start charging more for their gigs. i stopped voting when all it did was make it more expensive for me to see my favorite dj's.
TPMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #49

I remember few years back i didnt go for nye instead i went to celebs for hardwell on jan 1 for $20. Nobody knew who he was.... after that he became #6 DJ
Old 08-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #50

so the article states avicii is making 100K+ a night... 250 shows a year.... fucking insane....

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote: