REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   throwing out your university/college notes? [post grad] (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686304-throwing-out-your-university-college-notes-%5Bpost-grad%5D.html)

H.Specter 07-15-2013 01:09 PM

throwing out your university/college notes? [post grad]

help me decide if I should clean out my workspace.

Not really racist! 07-15-2013 01:17 PM

wat

trancehead 07-15-2013 01:22 PM

burn them , or wrap it up in a nice little package

http://2doitbetter.files.wordpress.c...0/gift-ico.png

and find your target recepient (if you go on the street, its ez)

http://www.pics-site.com/wp-content/...e-China-12.jpg
http://intradayfun.com/wp-content/up...s_signs_12.jpg

now he will thank you eternally for your deposit of knowledge and he will prosper

i hope you took down well written notes

Ulic Qel-Droma 07-15-2013 01:36 PM

how much room does it actually take up? just organize it into binders and shit and put it in your closet.

you wouldn't throw out a book that you'll probably never touch again. so why would u throw out a "book" that's written by you?

lol throw it out 10 years from now when it's confirmed you'll never use that shit again or when you really have no space.

T4RAWR 07-15-2013 01:39 PM

donate your notes to first year students in your program/faculty.

Bonka 07-15-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4RAWR (Post 8281777)
donate your notes to first year students in your program/faculty.

For money :troll:

heleu 07-15-2013 01:44 PM

Just do it. I've been out of school for 10 years and never looked back at my notes once.

nabs 07-15-2013 01:46 PM

depends on if you're thinking of going back, if you took proper notes you can use it as reference material. I decided 4 years later to go back and i'm glad i didn't throw them out.

Sid Vicious 07-15-2013 01:52 PM

dispose of notes...you can easily google the information in them

keep papers/projects youre proud of

Ronin 07-15-2013 02:03 PM

I keep texts that are useful or interesting as well as projects I enjoyed. My notes went into recycling as soon as I walked out of the exam.

StylinRed 07-15-2013 02:14 PM

my notes are in my laptop

i keep them but chances are ill never look at them again even if they pretain to my career

bloodmack 07-15-2013 02:42 PM

scan em, put em on your computer and recycle the paper!

Hondaracer 07-15-2013 02:45 PM

Notes in the garbage books make the shelf look pretty
Posted via RS Mobile

Gridlock 07-15-2013 02:55 PM

I kept the books that contained information that would be relevant, but I might need to reference(equations and stuff).

Dumped notes. I was horrible at notes anyway.

Haven't looked at any of it since. In fact, I'm looking at a few accounting books holding my monitor at a higher level right now. That's how useful that $1000 was...

Energy 07-15-2013 03:33 PM

Threw away all my paper notes.

Now I take all my notes on my laptop and I'll be keeping them. They're good for future reference.

yray 07-15-2013 04:05 PM

re read + and type them up on word

Spoiler!

MG1 07-15-2013 07:05 PM

45 years later, I find old notes from a report/project I did with classmates. It was unbelievable what kids were expected to do back then. Give it to students now and they would be like, "What? That's too much work."

The research we did....... without a fucking computer or the Internet.

Keep the notes. 50 years from now, you'll have a good laugh. I look back at my journals and get a smile each time I happen to find them.

Time capsule, FTMFW!

NKC ONE 07-15-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8282044)
45 years later, I find old notes from a report/project I did with classmates. It was unbelievable what kids were expected to do back then. Give it to students now and they would be like, "What? That's too much work."

Keep the notes. 50 years from now, you'll have a good laugh. I look back at my journals and get a smile each time I happen to find them.

Time capsule, FTMFW!

Ha...you seriously kept notes with you for 50 years? Never moved and had to lug that around?

I threw everything out. Getting close to 10 years and never had the need to use any of it. Many things can be done for a good laugh.

MG1 07-15-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NKC ONE (Post 8282115)
Ha...you seriously kept notes with you for 50 years? Never moved and had to lug that around?

I threw everything out. Getting close to 10 years and never had the need to use any of it. Many things can be done for a good laugh.

I have all my yearbooks and momentos, including notes which is not that much, as I never really took notes - "It's all up here, LOL." in a very safe place. I've moved four times. Many things can be done for a good laugh, but old memories are slightly different. And the older you get, the more special shit like that becomes.

Ulic Qel-Droma 07-15-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Time capsule, FTMFW!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8282127)
I have all my yearbooks and momentos, including notes which is not that much, as I never really took notes - "It's all up here, LOL." in a very safe place. I've moved four times. Many things can be done for a good laugh, but old memories are slightly different. And the older you get, the more special shit like that becomes.

yeah it's like that when i come across preschool or kindergarten.. or early elementary stuff.

the horrible drawings and "journal" entries you had to write. with the horrible kid spelling.

spideyv2 07-16-2013 11:09 AM

Take a picture of the notes 10 years from now and upload it on Instagram with the hashtag "throwbackthursdays"
Posted via RS Mobile

Gumby 07-16-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8282127)

Great, now you have me reminiscing about my school memories - both the good and the bad! :okay:

T4RAWR 07-16-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Time capsule, FTMFW!

exactly how old are you...? :suspicious:

MG1 07-16-2013 04:11 PM

Older than the hills. I wear your grandpa's clothes .............. Cause I've got 20 dollars in ma pocket… or something like that.
Posted via RS Mobile

jello24 07-16-2013 04:22 PM

throw the notes out. You won't be needing those notes in real life, since, if you properly learned your stuff in school, you should be able to use the vague information you find online and adapt them to your needs.

Need to calculate something for design? you can do pen and paper, or you can use any number of design tools available out there you couldn't use in school. Hell, that stuff's available on your smartphone (if you have one)!! The tools are out there now, and there's nothing limiting you from using them.