REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 07-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Passion and drive. Do you?

Found this to be interesting, but quite true on some levels..

Hash Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
That guys just spent 6 mins saying the exact same thing over and over and over....

While having "drive" is attractive....being a repetitive douche bag isn't.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
whys he a douchebag?

hes just giving example after example to those guys which could be quite useful for them, let it sink into their minds.

if I was in that class and all he said was "girls want a guy with drive, a passion to move forward in life". id be like yeah okay, hes right, I need to have drive and move forward. aaaaaaaaaaaand then I would probably do very little/next to nothing to do it. if hes listing off all those examples, I can relate better. I can be like, yeah I watch to many movies, instead of watching a movie im going to go for a jog, try to lose 10llbs, maybe take up swimming, from there I think i'll get certified as a scuba diver...pilots license looks pretty awesome...but I cant afford it, maybe I should push my potential and get a better job so I can afford it. etc etc.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Banned By Establishment

he is a douche bag because he is talking like he cracked the code to women. like...we are all the same and all want the same thing. ITS SO SIMPLE!! THEY ALL LIKE THE COLOUR BLUE! WEAR BLUE! Like, this ONE KEY THING is gonna get ya laid.

it doesn't take a conference room and a $49.95 charge to find out that women may not be interested in the guy that lays in bed all day and plays video games. HOWEVER, there are women out there that do....guys that paint women with the same brush end up alone at the end of the day. Same goes for women who do this.

This guy is a dickbag.

also, skinny jeans make him douche bag worthy.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #5

you mean theres more to women than what he said :s fuck...so much to learn dino, can you give me a crash course in macking 101?

I usually just pretend to listen, nod and agree, smile, pay attention for 30 seconds every 10 minutes just so I can ask a question then go back to day dreaming

it shouldn't take a class to know about women, but for some guys, sadly it does.

I like skinnyjeans, I wear my gf's jeans, I just cant button or zip them up, so I just use a big belt buckle to hide that area
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
I know plenty of unmotivated losers that get girls. You can't make one big sweeping generalization when it comes to people and how they behave.

side note..guys should avoid skinny jeans. It's bad for your man parts, and you look like a fucking idiot. i thought that fad would be over by now.
1989 BMW 525i
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2006 Mazda 3
2008 Jeep Liberty
2003 Infiniti G35
1995 Eagle Talon
1984 Chevrolet Corvette
1981 Pontiac Trans Am
1992 BMW 535i
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
side note..guys should avoid skinny jeans. It's bad for your man parts, and you look like a fucking idiot. i thought that fad would be over by now.
I was kidding about me wearing my gf's jeans I hope nobody thought I was serious :s lol
Old 07-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

focus on the gist of it
Hash Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #9
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
he is a douche bag because he is talking like he cracked the code to women. like...we are all the same and all want the same thing. ITS SO SIMPLE!! THEY ALL LIKE THE COLOUR BLUE! WEAR BLUE! Like, this ONE KEY THING is gonna get ya laid.

it doesn't take a conference room and a $49.95 charge to find out that women may not be interested in the guy that lays in bed all day and plays video games. HOWEVER, there are women out there that do....guys that paint women with the same brush end up alone at the end of the day. Same goes for women who do this.

This guy is a dickbag.

also, skinny jeans make him douche bag worthy.

I have yet to find a girl that likes guys that play video games, actually I know of one, maybe two, but she is a recovering wow player... They're far and few in between.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
I subscribe to Revscene

^ I think it depends on your demographics, who you hang out with, and who your friends' friends are.

Same here, I don't recall any girls that like guys who are heavy into video games. There are girls that likes the occasional weekend 1 hour or so, pick up and play games. Not WOW 12 hour marathon ones.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
Banned By Establishment

rageguy is right....depends of your demographics. I have a couple girls on my fb from HS who did the WoW thing....moved somewhere in the states to be with the guys they met. I may think its weird as fuck, but they found love I guess.

Plus...ever seen that show The Undateables? There is someone for everyone...

I find these types of videos, books, sites, annoying and pretty damn pathetic. Some guy thinks he "knows" the answer and ropes in a dozen of so dudes to teach them the way. Imagine how much energy and time he has spent throwing this shit together. What a waste of fucking time! You know what I am going to do? The same thing....except mine will be "How To Keep a Woman" and my focus will be "don't get all punchy". Chicks hate it when you punch them!! Instead of punching...try tickling! THEY WILL NEVER LEAVE!

But....there are some women that no matter how many fat lips they get....won't leave. Essentially, its the same shit as above.

I don't need to "focus on the gist of it". There is no "gist" to get. Its common sense! You seriously did not sit there watching thinking, "omg! he is RIGHT!! all these years I had NO idea!".

You know what else chicks like? showers. But you know what? there is a hobo couple down the street....the lack of him showering doesn't seem to effect her.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
HELP ME PLS!!!

I know a girl that legitimately hates being tickled too! Your RSD sucks! lol j/k
Old 07-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #13
Banned By Establishment

Old 07-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #14
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Quote:
LOL.

I watched 10 minutes, and I had to change the channel.

There are reasons why the people in question, in the show, are undateables.

There were a mixture of emotions from pity, contempt, genuine sadness, and a little of just feeling as if the producers of the show were taking advantage of the people.

I truly hope that the people in the show were compensated to be in the show.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #15

Quote:
rageguy is right....depends of your demographics. I have a couple girls on my fb from HS who did the WoW thing....moved somewhere in the states to be with the guys they met. I may think its weird as fuck, but they found love I guess.

I find these types of videos, books, sites, annoying and pretty damn pathetic. Some guy thinks he "knows" the answer and ropes in a dozen of so dudes to teach them the way. Imagine how much energy and time he has spent throwing this shit together. What a waste of fucking time! You know what I am going to do? The same thing....except mine will be "How To Keep a Woman" and my focus will be "don't get all punchy". Chicks hate it when you punch them!! Instead of punching...try tickling! THEY WILL NEVER LEAVE!

But....there are some women that no matter how many fat lips they get....won't leave. Essentially, its the same shit as above.

I don't need to "focus on the gist of it". There is no "gist" to get. Its common sense! You seriously did not sit there watching thinking, "omg! he is RIGHT!! all these years I had NO idea!".

You know what else chicks like? showers. But you know what? there is a hobo couple down the street....the lack of him showering doesn't seem to effect her.
I don't see it as a guy who knows the "answer" and ropes up a dozen guys, charges them, then tells them. I see it more as hes gone through trial and error, found out what works for him, and hes sharing his knowledge to give other guys a 1 up.

when I was 17, I was working with a crew of guys for 2 years, these guys were in there mid to late 20's, they were good looking guys, but club rats. every other day at work, we'd drive around for 8 hours and they'd swap stories, every story they told they'd tell me something to remember, like "never do this", "never do that", "make sure you don't do this", "slay a few dungeon dragons before you get to a princess", "go get rejected as many times as you can in one night, get the fear of rejection out of you so you can go up to really hot girls...if it works in your favor, your set to go, if not, meh, not like you've been rejected before", etc etc. and honestly, it helped me out...by the time I was 19, and me and my friends were going to clubs, it was like I had 5 years worth of clubbing already in me..

so as it may be common sense, a lot of people just don't get the grasp of it and understand it until they are told it. so I think there is a "gist" to it, its like driving, you get to a point where two lanes need to merge to one, its bumper to bumper...common sense would be to let the guy in the merge lane ahead of you, then you go, then the guy behind you lets the next guy merge then he goes...its common sense...yet so many people are completely oblivious to common sense. you don't have to watch him and say hes right, but at least acknowledge that hes got another approach to doing things, and if your striking out with your current game plan, might be wise to switch it up.

just my 2 cents lol