REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Bellingham for Detailing Supplies

Do you guys ever drive to Bellingham for detailing supplies?

I'm in need of Meguiar's clay bar and some pads. I know Canadain Tire has the kit, but I don't want the kit. They have the DA Power System on sale right now, but I want a couple of compounding and polishing pads. I don't want to use the combo as I already have Scratch-X, Cleaner Wax, and Ultimate Polish.

I'll be waxing by hand. Basically, I can not find the detailing clay (mild), DA yellow/burgandy pads and their microfiber towels anywhere. I've checked Lordco, Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire.

And I'm not gonna pay $30 for shipping. I'd rather drive to Bellingham or cross the border since I do that anyways from time to time.

Thanks.
Advertisement
imbty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Rider

Do you guys ever drive to Bellingham for detailing supplies?

Err..... I go anywhere with a good deal within my reach when convenient to do so.
If I need something and don't want to make the 4 hour trip, I'll ship it to point roberts.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
when i go to the states i usually just hit up a walmart

i picked up the meguiars clay bar/wax kit, 11.99, bottle of the quick wax, 4.99
microfibers like 10 for 5 bucks, meguiars wash soap for 2.99
Old 07-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
^ Home Depot has 30 microfibers for like 15 bucks.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #5

Good quality? Because the dollar store has em too. I know I sound picky, but I don't wanna buy one that could potentially scratch my exterior.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
They're fairly thin but they're better than Crappy Tire's Microfibers.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
I subscribe to Revscene

autowerkes exclusive, pick up in maple ridge!

604autocare? pick up available in richmond I think
akira112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Yes I do. My buddies and I usually hit up the Walmart for the essentials. Usually car soap and tire dressing.

Meguiars gold class car wash sells for $7.00 US at Walmart where as Canadian tire sells it for $19.99 CAD.

The clay bar kit use to be cheaper ($9.99 or so) down there but the price went up to I think ($17.99). Still better than $29.99 here at Canadian tire.

If you have time, why not. But if you want speciality products, Autowerkes exclusive gets my vote.
Posted via RS Mobile
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
I don't get it

Usually get my supplies from "Detailer's Domain" and get it shipped to Blaine then pick up.
xjc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #10
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
the generic stuff you can get at walmart down there, or o'reilly's across from bellisfair has a decent supply of stuff too (a bit pricier than walmart)

if you're pickier with your products (which you seem to be since you mentioned not wanting to mess up your exterior), shop for it all online. you get much better products, and a lot of things you can't get at any lordco or ct. obviously it's gonna cost more though
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #11
10psi aint enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxboost View Post
Yes I do. My buddies and I usually hit up the Walmart for the essentials. Usually car soap and tire dressing.

Meguiars gold class car wash sells for $7.00 US at Walmart where as Canadian tire sells it for $19.99
Posted via RS Mobile
Yah such a price difference for the meguirs gold class, I just ran out too so will be buying some in states.

Also I stocked up on mothers carwash too...
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #12
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Sorry, I don't have anything to add on to the topic but I do have a question. I didn't want to start another thread for shopping for detailing supplies since there already is one here.

Where are some places locally that sells detailing supplies for a reasonable price? Using an example from above, Meguiar's clay bar in the states costs $11.99 while here at Canadian Tire it is $29.99. I mean is there any go to places for you guys when you don't have the time to head down to the states that is cheaper than your local retail store?
NGExhiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #13
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
If you're already going to the States, why don't you just order what you need online and pick them up?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #14
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
If you're already going to the States, why don't you just order what you need online and pick them up?
Sometimes cross-border shopping happens on a whim. I mean, I'm sure we all've been there at 2am thinking...man, some flaming hot cheetos and 6 pack would be pretty cash right now.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #15
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
I've been through the same dilemma as many of you. Here is how I would rank my options:

1) Detailer's Domain - This company is based out of New Jersey, however, they offer a more extensive and higher quality array of products. Upon order they will either same-day ship or if ordered on the weekend, ship on the Monday following. I've always had a great experience with them in spite of the distance.

2) Wal-Mart USA - If you are looking for stuff like clay bar and car wash Wal-Mart is hard to beat. Their pricing is easily 50% of Canadian retail pricing. As much of a hassle as it may seem to go to across the border, if you shop efficiently and compound several items (including grocery products) it's a no brainer to go to Wal-Mart and grab what you need.

3) E-Shine Canada - Similar to Detailer's Domain in terms of products offered (not as much depth or diversity). Based out of Ontario, receiving your order can take a bit. Additionally, I had some issues with missed/incorrectedly shipped products. If you can buddy up with 1 or 2 people, orders over $150 pre-tax are shipped for free.

I have contacted 604AutoCare but did not receive a reply twice on seprate occasions to e-mails regarding local pick-up. Will never shop from them going forward.

I have yet to try Ken from Autowerkes in Maple Ridge but plan do so soon.

Kev
Old 07-20-2013, 01:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGExhiles View Post
Sorry, I don't have anything to add on to the topic but I do have a question. I didn't want to start another thread for shopping for detailing supplies since there already is one here.

Where are some places locally that sells detailing supplies for a reasonable price? Using an example from above, Meguiar's clay bar in the states costs $11.99 while here at Canadian Tire it is $29.99. I mean is there any go to places for you guys when you don't have the time to head down to the states that is cheaper than your local retail store?
Seems like Canadian Tire is the cheapest for the clay bar kit. Lordco is $60 I believe. They're super expensive there for some reason...

If anyone care, Canadian Tire has some detailing supplies on sale right now.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #17
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Last time i went to Walmart in bellingham I picked up the meguire's claybar kit and a tin of caranuba wax. Cheaper than Canada.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #18
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbty View Post
Seems like Canadian Tire is the cheapest for the clay bar kit. Lordco is $60 I believe. They're super expensive there for some reason...

If anyone care, Canadian Tire has some detailing supplies on sale right now.
Don't bother with Lordco if you don't have an account there. $60 is way too much.
Posted via RS Mobile
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #19
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I want to order a few items from Chemical guys, but shipping to Canada is expensive from them!! What I want is roughly $35 total, driving down to PR might not be worth the trek LOL! Anyone know any other places that sell Chemical guys stuff?
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #20
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Pads are more specialty items and you're not going to find it at Walmart, O'Reilly's or Target. (Yes, I know you can get them at Lordco but they're way too expensive there) You're better off trying to get those locally since the difference is probably only a few bucks. Microfiber cloths you can probably just get from Costco or any of the big box shops. They're not really anything special unless you're looking for XL sized ones or super plush ones.

Most of the online stores will offer free shipping for orders >$100 so it'll probably be more beneficial to see if you can get a few people to go in on an order or order a bunch of stuff for yourself to get the free shipping. Autogeek and Detailers Domain are a few of the online stores I use.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #21
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Summit tools have a sale going on Makita pads for 16 for all 3 grades.. which I thought is pretty good. I use 2 fine, 2 medium and usually 1 rough one. 1 set per brand.

Bellingham is good for chemicals.. I Lol'ed when someone on CL start to bring over Mobil1 0W40 5L jugs and selling them for $40 bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
Pads are more specialty items and you're not going to find it at Walmart, O'Reilly's or Target. (Yes, I know you can get them at Lordco but they're way too expensive there) You're better off trying to get those locally since the difference is probably only a few bucks. Microfiber cloths you can probably just get from Costco or any of the big box shops. They're not really anything special unless you're looking for XL sized ones or super plush ones.

Most of the online stores will offer free shipping for orders >$100 so it'll probably be more beneficial to see if you can get a few people to go in on an order or order a bunch of stuff for yourself to get the free shipping. Autogeek and Detailers Domain are a few of the online stores I use.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #22
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
Summit tools have a sale going on Makita pads for 16 for all 3 grades.. which I thought is pretty good. I use 2 fine, 2 medium and usually 1 rough one. 1 set per brand.

Bellingham is good for chemicals.. I Lol'ed when someone on CL start to bring over Mobil1 0W40 5L jugs and selling them for $40 bucks!
That's not a bad price at all. I'm paying about $8/pad for a 6". A little less for the 4.5". Plus Summit is local so more convenient.

I guess $40 is still cheaper than what you pay here. Tidy little profit if he/she can actually get $40 for it. Regular Mobil1 is about $25 and Mobil1 EP is about $27 + tax at Walmart in Bellingham. Whether you can get 0w-40 every time is hit or miss though. (Hell, even trying to find 5w-30 of the EP sometimes is hard!)
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #23
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
omg i didnt realize it was so cheap in the states for cleaning supplies

omg i could have saved a lot :/
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote