REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 07-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #26
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
If people want to genuinely hang out with you, they'll put effort in to make time for you (note that I used the word make). If they forget once, it's alright, but more than once, then I would be careful.

Those that make up excuses all the time are simply prioritizing other things over you, and that type of friendship is unhealthy.
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #27
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnoutBinLaden View Post
I'm not sure if this solves your problem, but one thing that helped me was seeking out friends with mutual interests. Go to Meetup.com and join a group that aligns with your hobbies. If all else fails then any "18-35 in Vancouver" group or something like that will do.
isnt that why we joined revscene?
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #28
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Sounds like OP is phaggot.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
I gave up on caring after a while. I realize that you just have to accept reality that these people do exist. These people just tend to do this by nature, they accept an invitation and gives you a "yes" and then later realize that (for whatever reason) they need to back out.

I have like one or two really close friends and our hang outs are never planned ahead of time. We just text each other whenever we feel like going for a beer or whatever, if he says, let's go later... I'm expecting a no and a never text back, vice versa, and we both understands. If he says, let's do something tomorrow... I don't have the expectation that we're going to do something tomorrow. It's usually a "i'll check back with him tomorrow to see if he still wants to go".

If we planned a place to chill and i get there and he doesn't show up without notice, that's what i call a "ditch". If he texts and gives a good reason, I'll probably text back with "you fucker... ok next time then". Next time, i'll make sure I don't show up first.. and text him to see if he's there first. Call it no trust or whatever... but we're straightforward and honest about it.

If you place people who forgets that they are suppose to go somewhere with you as good friends, take my advice... they're not worth hanging out with. And I can say that most of these people forget what happened during your hang outs, since they're so forgetful anyways. So those moments where you think you guys clicked, it's probably how they are, trying super hard to cope with you yet they don't even know it (hence why they make promises all the time... to cope with you). I don't know if I'm making sense, since it's kinda deep thinking.

Last edited by mr_chin; 07-21-2013 at 02:38 PM.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #30
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
I gave up on caring after a while. I realize that you just have to accept reality that these people do exist. These people just tend to do this by nature, they accept an invitation and gives you a "yes" and then later realize that (for whatever reason) they need to back out.

I have like one or two really close friends and our hang outs are never planned ahead of time. We just text each other whenever we feel like going for a beer or whatever, if he says, let's go later... I'm expecting a no and a never text back, vice versa, and we both understands. If he says, let's do something tomorrow... I don't have the expectation that we're going to do something tomorrow. It's usually a "i'll check back with him tomorrow to see if he still wants to go".

If we planned a place to chill and i get there and he doesn't show up without notice, that's what i call a "ditch". If he texts and gives a good reason, I'll probably text back with "you fucker... ok next time then". Next time, i'll make sure I don't show up first.. and text him to see if he's there first. Call it no trust or whatever... but we're straightforward and honest about it.

If you place people who forgets that they are suppose to go somewhere with you as good friends, take my advice... they're not worth hanging out with. And I can say that most of these people forget what happened during your hang outs, since they're so forgetful anyways. So those moments where you think you guys clicked, it's probably how they are, trying super hard to cope with you yet they don't even know it (hence why they make promises all the time... to cope with you). I don't know if I'm making sense, since it's kinda deep thinking.

Yeah no I hear ya. I got a bunch of close buds and that's how we work as well.

The thing that really chaps me is the txts I always tend to get about 4 hours from a event that usually go something like "yo you still wanna go" ..Then followed by "you know what man, I think im gunna pass tonight" txt 1 hour before we are suppose to meet.
sevewone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
Sounds like OP is phaggot.

Shouldn't you be on some UFC forums or something there Mr Chuck Liddell
Old 07-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Shouldnt you be crying over friends ditching you?
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
Shouldnt you be crying over friends ditching you?
Good....One? Better luck next time
Old 07-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #34
Banned By Establishment

Its right up there with your fantastic insult.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #35

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
...and yeah....we all have these types of friends but I would say it's primarily that they don't commit to anything much/these are the people who don't bother to put effort into anything. There isn't a way to deal with them other than calling them out on it.
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #36
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
ive bailed on my close circle of friends quite a few times. usually my friends like to get dressed up n what not, make reservations at nice places and eat out in style almost every 2nd week. I rarely give a definite answer saying "yeah ill go", usually its a "I should be able to, call me before hand though!". ill try to go as often as I can, but a lot of the times I see my bank account just drop from doing all the activities with them, so my bail outs are usually my way of stopping myself from overspending since im saving for my own place.

what REALLY pisses me off was last weekend, gf's friends all jumped at me saying "lets have a bon fire up at stave lake!!!! you can bring guns and wooden pallets, we'll all chip in 50$ and have a sweeeet day/night"...so me and the gf agreed...a guy not far from my house gives me wooden pallets all the time, so those are free, however, insuring my truck for the day + 1/2 tank of gas to fill it up is aprox 130-150$, buying some hotdogs beers chips etc, maybe 50$, buying some ammunition...maybe 100$..

night before, everyone was stoked to go, morning of, still stoked to go, after I get all the shit and everything "oh, were gonna go to cultus lake waterslides instead" .... are you fucking kidding me....I spend 300$ to have a decent night while expecting to get paid back and these bitches bail with less than a few hours notice.

ill no longer be talking to them, they're the gfs friends, and they'll stay as her friends, not mine.

but, to make things easier, me and my friends don't text 1 on 1 unless we've got something private to say, other than that, we use group chat with 6-8 guys so everyone is aware, and we can all get everyones input at once. makes it a lot easier to set up plans for bbq's and nights out.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #37
My homepage has been set to RS

OP relax, its the internet. people will give you a hard time regardless of what you say (esp on RS)
if there was ever a time to grow thicker skin, now is the time

anyways, you should have a sense within your friends who is reliable and who is butt fuck not. if it becomes a habit, call them out on it. none of this passive aggressive shit or even just bottling it in (that is , if you want to continue hanging out with them). if not, just ditch them

also, say if today is a tuesday and you ask to hangout with them on a saturday. if they were to say, "im not sure, i will tell you later" then give them a hard deadline, then say wednesday night at 4:00pm.

- if you just say "okay" instead, at the very worst the person will not feel obligated to respond to you in a timely manner...say until friday evening. and of course, you dont want to keep pestering them for a reply after the initial conversation.

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
ive bailed on my close circle of friends quite a few times. usually my friends like to get dressed up n what not, make reservations at nice places and eat out in style almost every 2nd week. I rarely give a definite answer saying "yeah ill go", usually its a "I should be able to, call me before hand though!". ill try to go as often as I can, but a lot of the times I see my bank account just drop from doing all the activities with them, so my bail outs are usually my way of stopping myself from overspending since im saving for my own place.

what REALLY pisses me off was last weekend, gf's friends all jumped at me saying "lets have a bon fire up at stave lake!!!! you can bring guns and wooden pallets, we'll all chip in 50$ and have a sweeeet day/night"...so me and the gf agreed...a guy not far from my house gives me wooden pallets all the time, so those are free, however, insuring my truck for the day + 1/2 tank of gas to fill it up is aprox 130-150$, buying some hotdogs beers chips etc, maybe 50$, buying some ammunition...maybe 100$..

night before, everyone was stoked to go, morning of, still stoked to go, after I get all the shit and everything "oh, were gonna go to cultus lake waterslides instead" .... are you fucking kidding me....I spend 300$ to have a decent night while expecting to get paid back and these bitches bail with less than a few hours notice.

ill no longer be talking to them, they're the gfs friends, and they'll stay as her friends, not mine.

but, to make things easier, me and my friends don't text 1 on 1 unless we've got something private to say, other than that, we use group chat with 6-8 guys so everyone is aware, and we can all get everyones input at once. makes it a lot easier to set up plans for bbq's and nights out.
yeah good on you stewie. thats gutless of them to just bail on you like that given all youve bought in

did your gf tell them what a horseshit move that was?

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #39
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
yeah good on you stewie. thats gutless of them to just bail on you like that given all youve bought in

did your gf tell them what a horseshit move that was?
I personally told them on facebook chat.

since it would have been me, my gf, and 3 of her gf's, we'd all fit in my truck.

but instead there was a group of cute boys they knew going to cultus and they figured it would be a good chance to show themselves off in bikinis to them...real mature for girls in their mid 20's
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #40
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
people bail all the time i have friends that bail on plans every other time we go out. their the outsiders of our group of friends, the people that always go are the ones who make the plans, and have first say on where and when we go.

1 in 7 times is hardly a reason to make a thread on RS.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #41
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
people bail all the time i have friends that bail on plans every other time we go out. their the outsiders of our group of friends, the people that always go are the ones who make the plans, and have first say on where and when we go.

1 in 7 times is hardly a reason to make a thread on RS.
there have been plenty of stupider threads on RS.
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #42
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post
Time to find new friends? Ask tos'd to chill , he will suk your toes.
lolyumaddoe
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #43

Yeah after reading all this I think it mainly has to do with people not having the ability to commit to anything. Maybe its something passed down from their parents, who knows.

I don't think it's completely the ditching that pisses me off also, I think its the b.s excuse some people give like as if we are really going to fall for it. Its like when you call in sick for work but your hung over, everyone knows your just making it up.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #44

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Say your goodbyes and have a farewell party for this friend.

Spoiler!
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #45
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
as i get older i find my time more valuable, and my life needing to be drama free...

people wasting my time?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #46
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
I started bailing on an old buddy of mine all the time simply because I started noticing he only wanted to hang out when he needed wheels to get to a party or somethin.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #47
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I got some friends who are like that. Says they will go somewhere but some how makes up a bullshit excuse of not going or simply doesn't reply(return calls or texts) after, especially when they confirm they are going to go.

Quite disrespectful of them. They say they are going they go/do something, yet end up backing out.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:57 AM   #48
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
lol who needs friends when u can just go on RS everyone, no ones gonna bail u on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote