REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 07-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Telus TV/Internet/Phone Promo (15/15/15 + Fairchild TV)

Someone from Telus came by my house tonight and offered my family a WINBACK promo.

He wrote a few things on the form which is super vague, but the deal comes with the following..

TV/Internet/Phone incl. Fairchild for $60/month

You can assume that it will be a basic TV, internet, and phone package with a 3 year agreement. They threw in the Fairchild package which is $15 on their website.

Number is 778-788-0501.. Dude's name is Aman. I wouldn't bother calling if you're an existing Telus customer or hasn't been back with them for 90 days.

Thinking about jumping on this right now. How's Telus TV and Internet compared to Shaw? I've been with Shaw since the Rogers days. Don't have a clue what Telus's service and reliability is like. Have they started enforcing the cap yet?

There is always this promo they are running: TELUS Chinese - British Columbia - TTV

English Translation: Google Translate

Basically you get a free 42" LG LED TV, Free HDPVR Box and 2 HD digital box rentals for 3 years if you sign a 3 year agreement. I wonder if I can tie this with the $60 deal.
Advertisement
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
not sure if this will help, but it might have some of the answers you're looking for (specifically speaking for the shaw vs telus element of your question)?

http://www.revscene.net/forums/68588...k-vs-shaw.html
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:52 AM   #3
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
If you signed an agreement for the first deal, im pretty sure almost 80 percent sure you can tie it in to get the free goodies. just call in, the customer service guys are really nice and lenient.

When I was working for Telus, i was able to pull off magic with some customers getting them amazing deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Someone from Telus came by my house tonight and offered my family a WINBACK promo.

He wrote a few things on the form which is super vague, but the deal comes with the following..

You can assume that it will be a basic TV, internet, and phone package with a 3 year agreement. They threw in the Fairchild package which is $15 on their website.

Number is 778-788-0501.. Dude's name is Aman. I wouldn't bother calling if you're an existing Telus customer or hasn't been back with them for 90 days.

Thinking about jumping on this right now. How's Telus TV and Internet compared to Shaw? I've been with Shaw since the Rogers days. Don't have a clue what Telus's service and reliability is like. Have they started enforcing the cap yet?

There is always this promo they are running: TELUS Chinese - British Columbia - TTV

English Translation: Google Translate

Basically you get a free 42" LG LED TV, Free HDPVR Box and 2 HD digital box rentals for 3 years if you sign a 3 year agreement. I wonder if I can tie this with the $60 deal.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 AM   #4
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
my parents dont like telus.. they are planning to switch back to shaw after 6months, when telus contract is up...
Old 07-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
I am Hook'd on RS

poorer HD quality, internet and TV sharing bandwidth, depending on where your home is located you have a maximum of how many TVs can watch TV at the same time, 3 being the MAX (if nobody is recording anything). Internet 15-25 meg downstream also depending on your area. with that deal you'll probably be getting 15. Basic TV package only offers local channels and ABC NBC etc. very limited. NO SPORTS included in there, you'll most likely be adding packages if you do watch a bit of TV.

I used to be a Telus installer, so i've seen it all. it all depends on your needs. I also recommend NOT signing a contract because if you dont like it, you're stuck with it.
roughmandamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,466 Times in 190 Posts
Shaw has much clearer HD channels, and no bandwidth issues like Telus
Posted via RS Mobile
FRStan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #7
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
paying like 220 a month to shaw that 60 sounds really enticing
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
RS controls my life!

My parents hate Telus... they want to switch back to Shaw pretty bad, waiting for a good promo..it's been a year and a half... watching shows sometimes and all of a sudden you lose signal for the channel you're watching and have to flip it back n fourth to get the signal back....it's fucking annoying... and channels change slower than Shaw since it's broadband based... The pvr/hdbox get really hot too and consume a shit load of power.

The app to PVR on your cellphone is pretty sick tho!
Renxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renxo View Post
My parents hate Telus... they want to switch back to Shaw pretty bad, waiting for a good promo..it's been a year and a half... watching shows sometimes and all of a sudden you lose signal for the channel you're watching and have to flip it back n fourth to get the signal back....it's fucking annoying... and channels change slower than Shaw since it's broadband based... The pvr/hdbox get really hot too and consume a shit load of power.

The app to PVR on your cellphone is pretty sick tho!
that happens to me with shaw the screen will freeze or go blank and the only way to correct things is to flip back n forth sometimes it happens constantly that i just give up trying to watch the program

and the pvr doesnt always work as well (recordings will lag)

and if you pause a program or rewind/fast forward the stream will lag and the only remedy is to switch channels back n forth

using the Pace box btw

this is part of the reason i wouldnt mind switching
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #10
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

What is the regular price after the promo is over?
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,436 Times in 4,279 Posts
Have you checked the connections at the back of your boxes? I too experienced the same problems and ended up tightening them and all is well.

In the other thread, nns recommends using a torque wrench and tighten to 20ft/lbs but not everybody has that kind of shit laying around so I just tightened the fuck out of it despite how he mentioned it could degrade quality. No issues so far.

Shaw's HD channels ARE better, IMO. But I have yet to experience any bandwidth issues on my part. I'm one of the early adapters to Telus TV, prior to commercial launch.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post

For the first 1 month?
First 3? 6? months?

Makes a huge difference....

For sure , it won't be $60/month for the whole 3 year period.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #13
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post
For the first 1 month?
First 3? 6? months?

Makes a huge difference....

For sure , it won't be $60/month for the whole 3 year period.
First 12 months.

At the end of the day, it wasn't worth it for me, even at the promotional price, after all the theme packs, upgraded internet and additional hardware rentals, it cost more WITH the promotion than what I am paying with Shaw. LOL
Old 07-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #14
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

It's a rip - I just cut the tv portion and kept the Internet and got myself a tvpad2. The first year is ok, but the second and third year the cost flies upwards.

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
HELP ME PLS!!!

Well if you're only using internet, I suggest u go for Teksavvy Cable instead. Way cheaper, faster, and unlimited data.