REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   The Right Total for Restuarant bills. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686569-right-total-restuarant-bills.html)

RiceIntegraRS 07-22-2013 10:13 PM

The Right Total for Restuarant bills.

So the other night me, my buddies and another group of people were having drinks at a Restuarant/Bar. Near the end of the night the group of people left cause it was late for them. Apparently they settled there part of the bill when they left, so when we got the bill at the end of our night. It was alot higher than expected(It was 1 bill for the whole table). Anyways we called the group and they said they paid $150 for there share. Apparently the waitresses forgot to minus it from bill that we got. Does this happen often?

I remember times that this would happen alot when couples or friends would leave early cause of work in the morning and sometimes me and my friends would be too drunk to realise this and basically double pay. Isnt it the waitresses responsibility to adjust the bill accordingly?

Teriyaki 07-22-2013 10:15 PM

So what happened in the end? Did they "find" the $150 and subtract accordingly?

RiceIntegraRS 07-22-2013 10:18 PM

Yep. This happens to me and my friends often when we go out to drink. Where the waitresses go "oh yeah, i forgot to subtract it to your bill" or they blame it on another waitress. Its really hard to keep track if theres alot of people in the group or were drinking alot.

ShadowBun 07-22-2013 10:20 PM

^ probably trying to get more $

jtrinh 07-22-2013 10:23 PM

Just make sure whoever leaves early also takes a receipt after they have paid. Or split their part of the bill.

Xu.Vi 07-23-2013 02:10 AM

If she forgot to deduct it off your bill, chances are she voided the bill given to the group that left beforehand after charging them, therefore still showing up in yours.

AKA was probably trying to walk away with +$150 tip.

bcrdukes 07-23-2013 03:01 AM

Where are you going so we know to be vigilant next time!

GLOW 07-23-2013 07:29 AM

had that happen a few times at restaurants. always a miscommunication or mistake between waitresses....they have to "find" the previous paid receipt to figure things out. always leaves a sour taste in your mouth b/c it almost turns in a scene between your table and the waitresses.

guddagudd 07-23-2013 11:18 AM

fuck those waitresses/waiters seriously lol, money hungry hoes/hoes

trancehead 07-23-2013 11:54 AM

part of the game

be ready to negotiate anything, and call the situation into question

rsx 07-24-2013 12:49 AM

I think this happens quite often everywhere. When you have more than 10 people all moving around, buying drinks at different seats, it gets real messy, real quick.

The only way to remedy is, if a person or a group has paid is leaving early, make sure they give their receipts to the last table that will be stuck with the bill. I found it's much easier that way.

punkwax 07-25-2013 03:45 PM

Hm. I wonder how many times this has happened to me..

Kinda off topic, but does anyone have that friend who (for example) orders a $13 meal + a $7 beer and only throws in $20 like taxes and tip don't exist whenever there is a group bill? Drives me nuts!!!!

willystyle 07-25-2013 07:39 PM

It's always best to have your bills separated at the beginning of the meal (or at the very least, have yours separated from others)

A. if it's a large group
B. people leaving early
C. having a meal with people you don't know well (some do eat and dash in larger groups)

or any of the above combinations.

Otherwise, you'll be at the losing end of the stick by the end of the night.

BoostedBB6 07-25-2013 07:47 PM

Has happened many times, normal tactic for some of the food service people I have known over the years.

When you make $8/hr you find any way to pocket more. Its sad to see what they do to the elderly people who rely on people being honest. I ended up calling the cops on one of these people trying to rip an old blind lady off who frequented the White Spot I stopped at.
Employee got fired on the spot.

If someone leave the party early, just get them to leave there share of the bill with some one at the table. That way you get one bill and one payment.

Xu.Vi 07-25-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 8289169)

Kinda off topic, but does anyone have that friend who (for example) orders a $13 meal + a $7 beer and only throws in $20 like taxes and tip don't exist whenever there is a group bill? Drives me nuts!!!!

YEP.

Best way I found to avoid those situations is to divide the bill up WITH tip on top.

westopher 07-26-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 8289169)
Hm. I wonder how many times this has happened to me..

I ALWAYS make a point to embarrass and berate people in front of the group if they pull that shit. Fuck those fucks. If you are too cheap to pay your share stay the fuck home. Probably my biggest pet peeve is cheap people that still believe they should get the same thing that someone who pays the money for it should get.

fliptuner 07-27-2013 02:24 PM

Yeah uhhh.... we don't eat with those people anymore.

As for the OP, we do what rsx said and leave the receipt behind.

inkcognito 07-28-2013 12:48 PM

I always tell the waitress/waiter as I'm ordering that I would like my bill separated to avoid confusion.

trancehead 07-28-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8289895)
I ALWAYS make a point to embarrass and berate people in front of the group if they pull that shit. Fuck those fucks. If you are too cheap to pay your share stay the fuck home. Probably my biggest pet peeve is cheap people that still believe they should get the same thing that someone who pays the money for it should get.

this

too much North American bullshit we have. in where we dont say anything. and it gets bottled up

just give ur balls a tug and call them out for what they did!!!!:fullofwin:
westopher i fucking salut you