REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   tickets with no signatures (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686688-tickets-no-signatures.html)

ytchen 07-25-2013 11:29 PM

tickets with no signatures

Hey Guys. so a buddy of mine got a speeding ticket today, and the cop who issued the ticket didn't ask him to sign the ticket and just handed him the ticket. so he didn't sign the ticket at all, does that mean that the ticket is invalid, and he is able to dispute it and let off the hook?

XplicitLuder 07-25-2013 11:45 PM

i don't remember ever having to give a signature when i got tickets...am i missing something ? lol

nabs 07-25-2013 11:48 PM

no that does not mean the ticket is invalid, you still have to pay it or dispute it.

aphextwin 07-25-2013 11:54 PM

i dont recall signing a speeding ticket before.
i did sign a warning ticket, however.

jjson 07-26-2013 12:46 AM

speeding ticket?
1. dispute
2. wait for court date
3. postpone court date
4. go to court and pray that the officer won't show up
5. ????
6. profit

/thread

zulutango 07-26-2013 05:31 AM

VT is valid even if you did not sign it. Issuing Member fills out the affivadit of service on the back of the Police copy, saying you were served a true copy of the VT. In BC your signature is not required, in other Provinces/countries you may be arrested if you refuse to sign.

i-VTEC 07-26-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjson (Post 8289538)
speeding ticket?
1. dispute
2. wait for court date
3. postpone court date
5. ????
6. profit

/thread

:failed:

why would you encourage people to dispute a speeding ticket... If you speed, you get what you deserve.

zulutango 07-26-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i-VTEC (Post 8289588)

why would you encourage people to dispute a speeding ticket... If you speed, you get what you deserve.

And you are new to RS??????????:fullofwin: Don't you know that any rules we don't like must not apply to us?

jjson 07-26-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i-VTEC (Post 8289588)

wtf? :seriously::seriously::seriously:
obviously op's buddy wants to dispute it already

nma 07-26-2013 11:27 AM

no, the signature means jack shit, ticket still valid.

i-VTEC 07-26-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjson (Post 8289717)
wtf? :seriously::seriously::seriously:
obviously op's buddy wants to dispute it already

:rukidding:

Doesn't matter. What you said made it sounds like disputing a speeding ticket is the right thing to do. Not just for OP to tell his friend about it, but also to every one who reads your comment.

Clearly OP's friend wasn't wrongfully accused of speeding and got a speeding ticket. The fact that his friend notice that he didn't had to sign it, made him to think that it is a loop hole that he can win the case. Otherwise if he was wrongfully accused, he wouldn't need to find loopholes. Yet with your comment:

speeding ticket?
1. dispute
2. wait for court date
3. postpone court date
5. ????
6. profit

You are pretty much saying and encouraging: just do it, its easy...

I hope those who read your comment, wouldn't think its the right thing to speed, or else they will say if I got a ticket, who cares I will just dispute it. And also no unfortunate thing happens such as car accident with ended up losing someone's love ones (speed was a factor).

What we should have say to OP, your friend got a speeding ticket? just pay up and hopefully he learns his lesson

Timpo 07-26-2013 12:49 PM

yeah interestingly enough, the signature does not mean anything.

if you go to the police station, they don't even know the point of signature. because it really doesn't make any difference.

BallPeenHammer2 08-06-2013 10:27 AM

I only dispute tickets I didn't deserve!

:fullofwin: :lawl:

zulutango 08-07-2013 10:01 AM

But only got ones you did........:fullofwin:

XplicitLuder 08-07-2013 04:42 PM

ZING MOTHERFUCKER LOL :troll:

Soundy 08-08-2013 05:29 PM

WHY oh WHY can we not FAIL in this forum??? Between this and this... :fulloffuck: