REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Working out in the morning. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686826-working-out-morning.html)

iEatClams 07-30-2013 08:26 PM

Working out in the morning.

I'm thinking of doing the unthinkable: waking up at 5:45am to hit the gym.

I've always been somebody who wakes up at 6:45 ish and then eat breakfast and go to work. I'm older now so I find it quite difficult to find time after work usually to get some exercise.

Just wondering how many of you out there work out in the morning? and still hold a 9-5 type of job. - I'm actually a 8:30 to 5 type of guy.

For those who have done made the switch, how long did it last and what are some tips. Were you tired at work from waking up early? Was your workout better? worst than say after work?

vafanculo 07-30-2013 08:32 PM

If you enjoy working out, it doesn't matter what time you go.

I like 6 because: gym is empty. Once you are there you've got more energy then you think. You feel great the rest of the day. Tend to eat clean rest of day too.

Cons? Nothing.
Posted via RS Mobile

neLLy_ 07-30-2013 08:39 PM

I've been working out in the morning for a couple months now.

Schedule -

Wake up at 4:30 AM
Go for a run at 4:45 to 5:45
Light work out at the gym from 6 to 7:30
Shower and prepare for work at 8 (work from 9 to 5)

I always feel so refreshed when I run in the morning and I'm so glad I finally made the effort to get up early. I feel much healthier and I get a lot more done during the day.

The hardest part honestly is waking up especially for the first couple weeks but it does take time for your body to adjust. I try to be in bed around 10 or 10:30 because naturally I'm feeling pretty tired already.

Just force yourself to get up. What I did was set the alarm on my cell phone for 4 AM and I would place it somewhere far enough that I would have to physically get up to turn it off versus just keeping it bedside. When you do get up, try to eat something light just to get your metabolism started, I usually grab a bowl of blueberries, strawberries or blackberries and an apple just for snacking.

As for being tired at work, I did not feel a difference at all to be honest. I felt I had more energy when I was working out in the morning as opposed to working out after work.

Keep at it!

iEatClams 07-30-2013 10:57 PM

other pros I can think of:

avoid the kids that come in sandals/jeans etc and loiter and waste up gym space. tired of spotting for 120lb kids that try to lift way too heavy and need my help from the first rep, and it feels like I did more work lifting than the kid himself. :rukidding:

gonna try that alarm clock thing and start working out in the mornings next week.

evlee 07-30-2013 11:10 PM

i notice gains working out in the morning. i do feel great the first half of the day but the last half i feel a bit weak (sometimes). i guess it depends on what part of the body i am working out.

and i avoid all the crowd and distractions. i hate working out during peak hours 5-10pm

ShadowBun 07-30-2013 11:21 PM

I work out after I wake up

Takes real dedication and will power to keep it going
But I do like working out and plus, you feel great for the rest of the day

jeedee 07-30-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iEatClams (Post 8292099)
Just wondering how many of you out there work out in the morning? and still hold a 9-5 type of job. - I'm actually a 8:30 to 5 type of guy.

http://www.basupps.com/images/produc...y_lemonade.jpg

srs

evlee 07-30-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8292262)

when i do get those off days i take C4 and craze that shit will wake you up

The_Situation 07-30-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8292262)

Lol recently found to have amphetamines in it
Posted via RS Mobile

jeedee 07-31-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evlee (Post 8292271)
when i do get those off days i take C4 and craze that shit will wake you up

Tried C4 today and :lawl:

Craze >>>>>>>>> C4

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8292282)
Lol recently found to have amphetamines in it
Posted via RS Mobile

Worth it.

:troll:

pinn3r 07-31-2013 12:49 AM

absolutely hate morning workouts; chillin & lethargic as fuck upon waking up, and carries on until around late afternoon.

i work 9-5 → nap 30-40 mins when i get home → gym around 8 or 9
i find that it works best for me
quickstylez pre-workout naps help

xilley 07-31-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinn3r (Post 8292307)
absolutely hate morning workouts; chillin & lethargic as fuck upon waking up, and carries on until around late afternoon.

because your pinner :troll:

you still go anytime fitness on knight?

Recon604 07-31-2013 05:20 AM

i have work at 9-5 so I hit up the gym every morning at 6:30. Been at it since summer started and when school starts i still go every morning.

Working out in the morning in most gyms are less crowded as well, I enjoy that!

motivation is the key

originalhypa 07-31-2013 07:50 AM

i usually work out in the am during hockey season. 5:40 - 7am, while my boy is on the ice.
like others have said, no cons to speak of. As long as you are getting proper amounts of sleep. Never put off sleep to work out.

Pros: energy and posture all day long.

LC21 07-31-2013 08:25 AM

I work weird hours around the clock, so i usually go after work. That way i know i have enough food in me and i can usually lift more weight.

hotjoint 07-31-2013 09:00 AM

I work 7-3 and work out after I get off work.

lundyt 07-31-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iEatClams (Post 8292099)
I'm thinking of doing the unthinkable: waking up at 5:45am to hit the gym.

I've always been somebody who wakes up at 6:45 ish and then eat breakfast and go to work. I'm older now so I find it quite difficult to find time after work usually to get some exercise.

For those who have done made the switch, how long did it last and what are some tips. Were you tired at work from waking up early? Was your workout better? worst than say after work?

I basically have the same schedule as you, I changed to working out in the morning for a while, waking up at 5:30am going to the gym and going back to the house around 6:30 to shower and eat breakfast. What I was finding was that 1. After work I would be burnt out and need a power nap 2. because I am going right when I wake up I wasn't lifting as heavy. some of the pros that I found to going that early were : gym was empty, felt very energetic throughout the day until the crash, gave me more free time after work. unfortunately I only last a month and half with this schedule and have reverted to going to the around 9pm (which kinda sucks balls cause my gym is like a fucking sauna at night) but I do feel like I lift alot heavier, just have to deal with all the dudes that slam weights every where and stand around talking.

BallPeenHammer2 07-31-2013 03:09 PM

5 Benefits of Early Morning Exercise

Top 10: Reasons To Train In The Morning - AskMen

I don't really work out in the morning...but I at least do 50 push ups and 100 situps just to wake up. It helps a lot more than NOT doing it.