REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/members-support-area-suggestions-box-website-bugs_99/)
-   -   Removed from thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686845-removed-thread.html)

dinosaur 07-31-2013 08:35 AM

Removed from thread

"You have been removed indefinitely from this discussion due to abuse. This is not a ban - feel free to browse other forum threads." when I attempt to open the "NO need to start a new thread thread" in VOT.

Did my comment really warrant indefinite removal from that thread? I have seen users make way more "abusive" comments. In fact, someone else called it a purse and I was told I don't belong on RS because of my gender.

If my comment was so bad, why wasn't I given points?

snails 07-31-2013 08:50 AM

uhh.. link?

:yuno:

dinosaur 07-31-2013 09:11 AM

I can't link...its the "no need to start a new thread thread"

SumAznGuy 07-31-2013 09:27 AM

http://www.revscene.net/forums/65334...ml#post8292101

snails 07-31-2013 09:30 AM

hmmm, opened a bit of a can of worms.. seemed like a simple generalization though..

dinosaur 07-31-2013 09:59 AM

Yeah, I concede it was a bit rude and rightfully deserved failing (I don't care about my fail/thank count) but to say it was "abusive" is a little bit of a stretch. I have been called WAY worse things in thread and have seen some pretty intense posts from some users...but I am a little tired of being singled out by a few specific users.

This is just another example.

?NR 07-31-2013 10:18 AM

who do you think is singling you out?
Posted via RS Mobile

dinosaur 07-31-2013 10:32 AM

I would never throw out names. To those in the know, it is fairly obvious and that is all I am saying in regards to that.

Back to the topic at hand: Why was I removed and not issued points? And, more specifically, why was I singled out and removed from the thread while there were others making comments as well? Why was I singled out?

The thread is an off-topic thread. I would understand if it is a specific thread and a specific topic that was getting out of control but 2 posts last the topic had changed. I find it a little ridiculous that my "rude" comment was deemed "abusive". If the mod/admin team is going to be removing for rude comments, the whole site will be empty.

MindBomber 07-31-2013 10:36 AM

Dino's comment is completely unnecessary; well-deserving of points and fails, but a ban seems like a bit much. Dino's undoubtedly singled out by specific set of users, however. I've seen it. And it's not always subtle. I've no interest in engaging in the inevitable drama fingering them would lead too, so I'll leave it at that.

SumAznGuy 07-31-2013 10:36 AM

I know. It was Gridlock.

bcrdukes 07-31-2013 12:48 PM

^
LOL

Gridlock 07-31-2013 04:02 PM

You know, as much as I try, I just can't seem to break her of that pesky habit of having an opinion, and the desire to share her thoughts.

I'm with you! Dude...what happened to the chicks that just want attention and think math is hard? I live with her! Think about that. And so I appreciate when the same 5 guys follow after her on the forum and fail her relentlessly-it takes some pressure off me. I can't watch her all the time. Keep up the good work boys, as soon she'll know to ask permission before posting.

Or hell, maybe if you work extra hard, she'll fuck right off for ya!

Except she hasn't. And you'd have her banned if only it wasn't for that pesky thing that she hasn't done anything wrong. And other than a group of a select few, most people appreciate her on the forum. This just in...most people don't give a fuck.

Just today a dude(sorry, not wanting to throw you under the bus here) was posting in a thread and said something to the effect of, "do you have fetal alcohol syndrome, or are you just fucking stupid" so maybe the rudeness police might wanna have a look see on that and get back to us.

smoothie. 07-31-2013 04:25 PM

10/10 would read again
Posted via RS Mobile

Graeme S 07-31-2013 04:50 PM

The ban has been removed and it is being discussed. Thread is closed. Dino, I will PM you with more details when I have them.

mk1freak 07-31-2013 07:20 PM

man im always late to the party :( what did I miss?
hope im not late for meet roll in too :lawl: