REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   ANyone here a Chiropractor? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686954-anyone-here-chiropractor.html)

DanHibiki 08-03-2013 10:51 PM

ANyone here a Chiropractor?

Or a physiotherapist who alsot knows how to make adjustments?

The_AK 08-03-2013 11:41 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/2mqmdrd.gif

DanHibiki 08-03-2013 11:58 PM

:pokerface:

smoothie. 08-04-2013 09:13 AM

A female rmt would be dope

lungfish23 08-04-2013 03:44 PM

I personally go to physio room on main street for physio and massage therapy. Highly recommended.

I also go to joint works chiropractor also on main street. I've had spot adjustments there. Stephen is super knowledgeable there. Also highly recommended.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 08-04-2013 05:50 PM

Finding someone on a forum who knows how to "make adjustments"... sounds like a smart idea! :badpokerface:

DanHibiki 08-04-2013 06:11 PM

Chronic suffers like me get desperate.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 08-04-2013 06:15 PM

Even 'professional' chiropractors can fuck you up.. ask Kevin Sorbo (Hercules)

Some dude on a forum.. that just seems really risky, and can potentially make things worse. I'm not in your position but I think it's too risky

bing 08-04-2013 07:03 PM

I go to Dr. Alvin Klassen.

He's over 60 now I believe so he's got quite a bit of years experience under his buckle. I've used him a number of times (I would say over 25 visits) after a few automobile accidents on and off for 2-3 years in my 20s and he's the only guy I really trust making adjustments to my back. He's also very good and the best I've had. My treatments were strictly chiro *snap snap snap*, none of that physiotherapist bullshit where they put gel on your body and make you lie there with a machine hooked up or take turns massaging a part of the body - it never seemed to do much for me.

For reference, I have only ever tried two others who were both chiro/physiotherapists but after very few adjustments, they focused more heavily on the physio side. They also weren't as confident doing them.

MG1 08-04-2013 07:16 PM

Spoiler!

Damn, had to do a double take......... for a split second there, dude looked like a certain person who works with Mike at the stereo shop.

OK, don't begin with the, "All white guys look the same," comments.

I said a split second, LOL.

DanHibiki 08-04-2013 09:09 PM

I have a Physio and a chiro who both do adjustments for me. The reason I asked on rs was because I was hoping someone could see me outside of the office on weekends or days off or evenings when the offices are all closed.

Anyways a rs member sent me a message bout it which is nice.
Posted via RS Mobile

dinosaur 08-04-2013 09:10 PM

Health and Wellness forum is probably a better place to ask...

B!tch 08-05-2013 03:10 AM

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...=1410477066676

Spidey 08-05-2013 08:49 AM

I crack my own back all the time... Heck my lower back cracks even when I shoulder check in the car... But I always find that the specific manipulations my Chiro does is different in that it feels different after, and gives me "relief" for a longer period of time. Since my work pays for it, I go monthly.

Just like any profession, there are chiros that are money grabbing and try to get you in X amount of times per week.. if you have an Acute issue, that's understandable, but if it is something chronic and they say you need to come in every week or 2x a week forever, then whatever they are doing, obviously isn't working... That, and they should be prescribing things for you to do at home that will prevent or improve whatever issues you have.

I go regularly because of the sports I play and my work. If I was not covered by extended health, and had to choose which treatment to pay for, I'd choose massage for sure.

Majestic12 08-05-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8294862)

Professional chiropractor as opposed to a backyard hobbyist chiropractor?

Spidey 08-05-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majestic12 (Post 8295167)
Professional chiropractor as opposed to a backyard hobbyist chiropractor?

i think he quoted "professional" the same way he would quote chiros being "doctors"

Spidey 08-05-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8294862)

Some dude on a forum.. that just seems really risky, and can potentially make things worse. I'm not in your position but I think it's too risky

Kevin Sorbo's 'True Strength': 'Hercules' Star Says Strokes Were Blessings In Disguise

so what you're telling me is that the chiropractic treatment create the clots that were already present.. right.. he already was displaying the symptoms beforehand. Did the adjustment exacerbate the issue, possibly. But it wasn't the REASON he had a stroke or had blood clots in his brain.

Majestic12 08-06-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 8295189)
i think he quoted "professional" the same way he would quote chiros being "doctors"

Except that chiros aren't supposed to be doctors anymore than a physiotherapist or a nutritionist or a massage therapist. However, they do serve a purpose... and just like any other profession, there are good ones, and there are bad ones.

Spidey 08-06-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majestic12 (Post 8295586)
Except that chiros aren't supposed to be doctors anymore than a physiotherapist or a nutritionist or a massage therapist. However, they do serve a purpose... and just like any other profession, there are good ones, and there are bad ones.

Maybe they are given the "Dr" title because they have have completed their Doctorates degree in Chiropractic which is about 4-5 years in addition to an undergraduate degree.

miss_crayon 08-06-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8294894)

Damn, had to do a double take......... for a split second there, dude looked like a certain person who works with Mike at the stereo shop.

OK, don't begin with the, "All white guys look the same," comments.

I said a split second, LOL.

It does look like him! (His name is Keith if I remember correctly)

MG1 08-06-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 8295805)
It does look like him! (His name is Keith if I remember correctly)

SSSSSSSHHhhhhhhhhh...............:badpokerface:

Majestic12 08-06-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 8295728)
Maybe they are given the "Dr" title because they have have completed their Doctorates degree in Chiropractic which is about 4-5 years in addition to an undergraduate degree.

It's not a doctorate in chiropractic in the same way an MD is, just like a JD (Juris Doctorate) is not the same as an MD. They are entirely different disciplines.

invader 08-06-2013 09:17 PM

I can fix you up good.
Learned from a friend of a friend...
Posted via RS Mobile

DanHibiki 08-06-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 8296005)
I can fix you up good.
Learned from a friend of a friend...
Posted via RS Mobile

http://media.tumblr.com/c7e1c93c6f6f...Ggq1qz4rgp.gif
Posted via RS Mobile

Spidey 08-07-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majestic12 (Post 8295936)
It's not a doctorate in chiropractic in the same way an MD is, just like a JD (Juris Doctorate) is not the same as an MD. They are entirely different disciplines.

I know it isn't. Anyone can be a "dr" if they obtained a doctorates in a certain field. English, Science, etc... They can still be called "doctors". What I meant was that they used their "doctorates" degree to give people the false belief that they are something similar to MDs