REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Kickstarter in Canada... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/687003-kickstarter-canada.html)

dangonay 08-05-2013 05:21 PM

Kickstarter in Canada...

Finally. I'm so stoked. I have an ideal project for Kickstarter and was waiting for them to come to Canada.

You can start your Kickstarter project right now and they will go live on Sept 9th.

Kickstarter Canada

jing 08-05-2013 06:14 PM

What's the difference between Kickstarter Canada now and Indiegogo?
Posted via RS Mobile

dangonay 08-05-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jing (Post 8295336)
What's the difference between Kickstarter Canada now and Indiegogo?
Posted via RS Mobile

I guess the same between Kickstarter in the US and Indiegogo in the US - we just never had the Kickstarter option in Canada before.

I prefer Kickstarter for several reasons. With Indiegogo you can fund just about anything you want. Kickstarter has a few more "rules" you have to follow which weeds out a lot of the projects. Kickstarter is a lot bigger and carries more weight than Indiegogo. You will also find more "technical" projects on Kickstarter than Indiegogo, which is what my idea entails.

Lomac 08-05-2013 07:43 PM

Kickstarter definitely has a bigger name behind it, which will draw more people to it when they initially want to try and find projects they want to fund. Kickstarter also seems to have "better" projects than Indiegogo, at least insofar as I've seen. I'm pretty selective in my searches on both sites but the Kickstarter ones just seem to be a bit more legit than some of the ones I've seen on Indiegogo.

nah 08-05-2013 10:35 PM

Funder beware though, Kickstarter takes no accountability for projects that don't go.

No Accountability: Board Game Creator Cans $123K Kickstarter Project

dangonay 08-06-2013 05:23 AM

^ Kickstarter doesn't, and they don't have to. All they do is provide a way for a person/group to raise money. If a person uses Kickstarter to commit fraud (pockets the money with no intention to deliver the product, for example) they can be charged. It's just that Kickstarter won't pursue it - the backers have to file the complaint.

If you put a deposit on a real-estate project (perhaps a condo development) and they go bankrupt through poor management, is the bank where investor deposits went at fault?

sliq 08-06-2013 05:34 AM

help me fund for a lamborghini?
:badpokerface:

dangonay 08-06-2013 05:49 AM

^ Try Indiegogo. They'll let just about anything on there.
Posted via RS Mobile

Manic! 08-06-2013 12:01 PM

Check out Instacube. They raised over 600k in September 2012 and have not delivered anything and now they are asking for a lot more money.

Instacube: A Living Canvas for your Instagram Photos by D2M | Design to Matter ? Kickstarter

I am surprised no one was tried to copy them. The product does not seem that hard to make. A small screen with a Android stick and a custom app could do the same thing.

sliq 08-06-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangonay (Post 8295583)
^ Try Indiegogo. They'll let just about anything on there.
Posted via RS Mobile

Fund my lamborghini | Indiegogo

Lets do it guys help me get my lamborghini
any advice how I would get people to give me money LOL

Gumby 08-06-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliq (Post 8295715)

I can't believe you actually went through with this! :lawl:
Quote:

:ifyouknow:

twitchyzero 08-06-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliq (Post 8295715)

find a tranny and pretend you have a Lexus IS-F for sale
fastest way to find yourself $40K