REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
Langley man hit and killed by semi truck

I work at a dealership on the bypass, when I got to work today police and firemen were pressure washing the road.. anyone else in/around Langley see this?

Quote:
The victim, a 37-year-old man, was struck by a semi-truck in the curbside lane of the Langley Bypass between 192nd St. and Fraser Hwy.
The driver of the rig fled the scene. The pedestrian, who was not in a crosswalk when he was hit, died at the scene.
The key route linking Surrey and Langley was closed throughout the morning while major crimes investigated, however the thoroughfare was reopened shortly before 9 a.m.
The victim’s identity is being withheld while Mounties and the BC Coroners Service try to notify his next of kin.
Anyone with information is urged to contact RCMP at 604-599-0502 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS if they wish to remain anonymous.

Read more: Alleged driver in fatal hit-and-run is RCMP consultant | CTV British Columbia News
Advertisement
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
^ the kicker to this story is that the driver of the Semi has links to the RCMP. In fact, the semi was used as a crash scene reconstruction vehicle.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Ya I work at the Hyundai dealer there. Whats fucked is at our work they wont even let us park on the lot!! We have to park at the Fox and Fiddle and walk across the bypass!!!
kyleyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
lol Don't tell the hotel about that. They'll tow you if you if they find out about it. A bunch of us spent the day at the Fox and Fiddle for an event and we almost had our cars towed by the hotel management because they thought we had left the lot.

But you're required to cross the Langley ByPass? Only time I'll ever do that is after 11 at night...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: