REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:16 PM   #576
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
I came back with 45L of gas in jerry cans today (2x 20L, 1x5L)
The border guard checked my trunk and warned me that I would need to declare and pay a levy and GST on fuel coming back to Canada.
I never declare my fuel but are we supposed to?
Yes, anything outside of the car system (tank) are considered good purchased.
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2014, 03:42 PM   #577
FB6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
I came back with 45L of gas in jerry cans today (2x 20L, 1x5L)
The border guard checked my trunk and warned me that I would need to declare and pay a levy and GST on fuel coming back to Canada.
I never declare my fuel but are we supposed to?
Yes, you have to declare fuel if it's in a jerry can.
FB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:58 PM   #578
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I always declare gas when I cross. They never ask how much tho, so it's not lying. Plus only really asshole guards would tax like 100 worth of gas.
Posted via RS Mobile
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:34 PM   #579
Banned By Establishment

The border guards are starting to get a little more strict when it comes to bringing back gas cans. Especially if you bring back more than two small gas cans.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:10 PM   #580
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

That's a road hazard to be carrying that much gasoline in your trunk.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:15 PM   #581
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
The border guards are starting to get a little more strict when it comes to bringing back gas cans. Especially if you bring back more than two small gas cans.
Regular Lane or Nexus Lane?

Two small cans?

I usually cross over with 100L of gas, and a bit of groceries too
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #582
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Regular Lane or Nexus Lane?

Two small cans?

I usually cross over with 100L of gas, and a bit of groceries too
I found this in the nexus lane.
Keeping in mind that it is dependent on the officer.
When I told the officer I came down for gas he asked if I had any containers. I said no but if I did, it would be two of the smaller gas cans. I asked what if I had the bigger gas cans and he said that I would probably have to pay taxes on it.

Last edited by racerman88; 04-03-2014 at 01:46 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #583
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah View Post
That's a road hazard to be carrying that much gasoline in your trunk.
This was the other issue that the border guard brought up.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #584
FB6

My friend has been bringing back 2 20L jerry cans of gas through the Nexus lane for the past year, he hasn't been taxed yet.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #585
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FB6 View Post
My friend has been bringing back 2 20L jerry cans of gas through the Nexus lane for the past year, he hasn't been taxed yet.
Stupid question, but is he declaring it?
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #586
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
When I go through nexus, I just verbally declare it with 1 20l Jerry can, they never said anything else to me
Posted via RS Mobile
kkthind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:26 AM   #587
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
I always declare it as "gas and groceries" , and if they ask for value for everything, then it's usually around 120 bucks USD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #588
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

which crossing are you guys referring to bringing gas over from?
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #589
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevtuner View Post
which crossing are you guys referring to bringing gas over from?
Most likely Douglas (Peach Arch).

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #590
FB6

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Yes, he always declares it along with the groceries he buys and he goes through Peace Arch crossing.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #591
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Plus its a one strike youre out policy for nexus,..stupid not to declare
Posted via RS Mobile
JesseBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #592
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

i hate going thru peace arch, longest line up, agents I find give you more hassle than truck crossing
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #593
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
best time to head down to PR on a weekday?
or is it pretty much busy from 8 - 3pm...

i was thinking 11am/12pm ish.. and then get outta there quick before 1pm when I guess when the crazy rush hour hits?

TIA!

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #594
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
best time to head down to PR on a weekday?
or is it pretty much busy from 8 - 3pm...

i was thinking 11am/12pm ish.. and then get outta there quick before 1pm when I guess when the crazy rush hour hits?

TIA!
I usually go @ 9:30am, about a 10 minute wait each way.
Paradise240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #595
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
^ hows the traffic on the 99/massey?

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:27 AM   #596
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Denied Entry in USA.

I have been denied twice at the US Customs to go down. 1st time they said it was because they thought I had plans to illegally immigrate down there to the US. As I have a house and utilities in Oregon. (my father passed away and left me the house) 2nd time they brought up some bogus Criminal Record, saying I got arrested, in 94 and again in 96 which was not true. I got 2 speeding tickets at those times. UGH. I got the court records, plus copies of my lease to my house in Canada, plus copies of my CDN utilities and am going to try and make trip #3 Sunday. Anyone got any suggestions? I need to get to Oregon, the house has been empty for 6 months. I need to get down and check on it and the stuff in it. I am racking up utilities bills on a house I am not even living in. This is totally dumb, I have not done anything wrong, criminal or otherwise. The tickets I got back then, I was legally living down there, and paid them. (I was under age, and just got my first sports car, so ya I drove it a bit fast) Since I turned 18, I have never been arrested in either country and have not had a speeding ticket in 12 years anywhere. Only ticket I have ever gotten was for seat belt in the last 10 years.

Does anyone know any boarder guards for the US personally that could help me out. Its not like I am driving a 5ton, I am coming across in my little Fiero.

So PLEASE ANYONE HELP.
CaptFiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:36 AM   #597
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

PS. I went at 11am on a Sunday and got denied the 1st time, went across at noon on a Tuesday got Denied again, this time I am thinking about Noon on a Sunday again, or maybe wait till 7pm on a Sunday. If I am late in the evening on a Sunday after they wind down and relax, maybe it will be fast.

Stuff I am carrying are automotive tools to either fix or work on my car during the trip or while I am down there. RC Car stuff as it is my other hobby. Personal Medications, Personal stuff like Coffee and such. Then clothes and my Laptop. I'll be there for about 6 weeks, get everything organized then head back to BC for a few months before I have to go back down again. Nothing major, just my normal trips back and forth. I have been doing this 1-4 month long trips for the last 2 years. They should be able to see that. I am thinking the 2nd guy denied me, just to make the 1st guy look right. Now I hope the 3rd guy looks at everything and says Ok you are fine now. I have met 90% of their requests. Short of a lawyer I am not sure of what to do.

Edit to add I have always used the truck cross, as I live on 104th ave and 168th street. I pull out of driveway, head straight down to 176 make a right and follow it straight to the boarder. 15mins max. (aside from weight time at the boarder)
CaptFiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:26 AM   #598
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
If you carry automotive tools, don't carry a full set of sockets etc. Just pick the ones your car really needs. You are not the first person that I've come across that automotive tools (socket sets) set off their curiosity. Heck it is cheaper to pick a new set up at Lowe's anyways.

Don't try the border until you have gone to the US consulate downtown and apply for a waiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptFiero View Post
PS. I went at 11am on a Sunday and got denied the 1st time, went across at noon on a Tuesday got Denied again, this time I am thinking about Noon on a Sunday again, or maybe wait till 7pm on a Sunday. If I am late in the evening on a Sunday after they wind down and relax, maybe it will be fast.

Stuff I am carrying are automotive tools to either fix or work on my car during the trip or while I am down there. RC Car stuff as it is my other hobby. Personal Medications, Personal stuff like Coffee and such. Then clothes and my Laptop. I'll be there for about 6 weeks, get everything organized then head back to BC for a few months before I have to go back down again. Nothing major, just my normal trips back and forth. I have been doing this 1-4 month long trips for the last 2 years. They should be able to see that. I am thinking the 2nd guy denied me, just to make the 1st guy look right. Now I hope the 3rd guy looks at everything and says Ok you are fine now. I have met 90% of their requests. Short of a lawyer I am not sure of what to do.

Edit to add I have always used the truck cross, as I live on 104th ave and 168th street. I pull out of driveway, head straight down to 176 make a right and follow it straight to the boarder. 15mins max. (aside from weight time at the boarder)

Last edited by godwin; 04-06-2014 at 02:38 AM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #599
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
If you carry automotive tools, don't carry a full set of sockets etc. Just pick the ones your car really needs. You are not the first person that I've come across that automotive tools (socket sets) set off their curiosity. Heck it is cheaper to pick a new set up at Lowe's anyways.

Don't try the border until you have gone to the US consulate downtown and apply for a waiver.
Im thinking this as well. If they say you have criminal record you need that waiver or they will never let you in.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:40 PM   #600
private modder

Thanked 2,643 Times in 737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptFiero View Post
I have been denied twice at the US Customs to go down. 1st time they said it was because they thought I had plans to illegally immigrate down there to the US. As I have a house and utilities in Oregon. (my father passed away and left me the house) 2nd time they brought up some bogus Criminal Record, saying I got arrested, in 94 and again in 96 which was not true. I got 2 speeding tickets at those times. UGH. I got the court records, plus copies of my lease to my house in Canada, plus copies of my CDN utilities and am going to try and make trip #3 Sunday. Anyone got any suggestions? I need to get to Oregon, the house has been empty for 6 months. I need to get down and check on it and the stuff in it. I am racking up utilities bills on a house I am not even living in. This is totally dumb, I have not done anything wrong, criminal or otherwise. The tickets I got back then, I was legally living down there, and paid them. (I was under age, and just got my first sports car, so ya I drove it a bit fast) Since I turned 18, I have never been arrested in either country and have not had a speeding ticket in 12 years anywhere. Only ticket I have ever gotten was for seat belt in the last 10 years.

Does anyone know any boarder guards for the US personally that could help me out. Its not like I am driving a 5ton, I am coming across in my little Fiero.

So PLEASE ANYONE HELP.
The best advice is contact a US immigration lawyer and ask him/her for advice. Revscene can't help you. Since you've already been denied twice, I wouldn't try a third time. Eventually they'll just ban you for 5 years. Go see a lawyer before trying again. I have no recommendations other than the guy who is on the news all the time: The Immigration Law Firm - Immigration to the US
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote