REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 08-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Batman: Arkham Asylum, Causes my PC to restart, Please help.

So I've just started playing the game for the first time. after about 5-15 mins of game play the game will randomly restart my computer, no blue screen, no error message just black screen, power light goes off for a second then the computer powers back up.
-
Things I've tried:
◘ At first I thought it might be my mild over clocking, so I cut it back then put it right back down to default. *no effect
◘ I've checked my temperatures right after crashing, and they are nice and cool (tho I can't say for sure what the exact temperature is at the time of crash, I have checked after 5mins of game play and well within the normal range)
◘ I have a enermax high end 500w PSU powering a e8500 and 260gtx, I dont think I am power starved, I have been running this rig for a few years now, with no such problems.
◘ I haven't played many games on my rig for a while now, so I booted up a game that I have dropped days of time on at a time, Skyrim, and it runs smoothly with out any issue what so ever, so I think its safe to assume that the problem is with Arkham/Unreal
◘ I have not tried adjusting the graphical settings yet, as the game seems to play as smooth as silk up until the random crash. They are all maxed out except AA at X2, not sure what I would adjust if at all.
◘Updated my drivers for the first time this year to the latest beta.

I dont't know what to try next, or what is the problem.
Please help.

Basic specs:
260gtx, e8500, ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gb ram, Auzentech prelude sound card
Windows 7 32bit
Advertisement
Mr Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
do you have any other hardware intensive games? Give those a try and see if also fails (skyrim doesn't count). I get the feeling your PSU is failing
if your card is dying it'll just hang or crash at black screen...I doubt it'll reboot the comp
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:17 AM   #3

I played Crysis for about 35mins, don't know if it's "high" demanding or not, but no issue playing it.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Check your Event Viewer.

That will tell you what is causing the crash. Or at the very least narrow down the culprits.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #5

That's the thing there is no "event viewer" message after the crash. Windows is like, eh you turned your computer off, w/e.

Played payday2 today on medium settings for about an hour give or take and the shut down occurred.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I had a similar issue back in the day when I was running HD2900PRo's in Crossfire. My PC started restarting because the video cards were dying. I could only run games in Windowed mode. Running full screen crashed the system.

is the game loaded in STEAM ? try to defrag the game files inside of steam.
CoLoRs Member #26
For Good or For Awesome?
Nismo200SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:33 PM   #7

I'm near positive this is a component failure problem. And I may have fixed it tho, further testing is required.
I swapped around the cables on the modular connections of the PSU, gave the computer a good compressor blow out, and things seem stable thus far. but we'll see.