REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Creepy horror ideas needed! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/687230-creepy-horror-ideas-needed.html)

Grim 08-12-2013 10:02 PM

Creepy horror ideas needed!

I'm planning to do a series of short films for this upcoming Halloween season~!
My partner and I have already came up with 3 of 5, so maybe the RS community can chime in on this one with us!

Video progression 10-20sec max
We're looking for creepy, horror scenes! Without spilling the beans, just blast me your ideas on what is creepy and horrific!

No voices or verbal audio will be acquired in these clips, just slow, dark, subtle movements shots!
Not too sure how well this thread will go but lets all brainstorm!
Chosen idea will be listed so you can get the credits for the awesome idea!

This is a project my partner and I have always wanted to tackle so keep troll comments to yourself!

Thanks!:nicethread::lawl:

elwell 08-12-2013 10:10 PM

public washroom

dinosaur 08-12-2013 10:20 PM

Sarah Palin 2016

Ch28 08-12-2013 10:22 PM

Lower Pond @ Central Park gets pretty damn spooky at night when it's all misty and dark.

kwy 08-12-2013 10:22 PM

creepy little kids, an empty swing going back and forth, dark forest trails, the internet on your phone going out

rsx 08-12-2013 10:47 PM

1. Inside a darkened church a priest is performing mass by himself.
2. An odd looking old lady having a tea party in the attic with no one.
3. A little girl brushing her teeth before bedtime- her mother, in a tub full of blood, has committed suicide (she's humming a bed time song)
4. A father is masturbating at home videos of his dead infant son
5. A rocking chair with no one sitting in it is moving. The little kid with his head turned away from it, is seeing it move from mirror's reflection.

Harvey Specter 08-12-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsx (Post 8299554)
3. A little girl brushing her teeth before bedtime- her mother, in a tub full of blood, has committed suicide (she's humming a bed time song)
5. A rocking chair with no one sitting in it is moving. The little kid with his head turned away from it, is seeing it move from mirror's reflection.

WTF @ 4.

stewie 08-12-2013 11:04 PM

creepy scene:

black room, maybe someones old unfinished basement from an older house.

light bulb hanging from ceiling flickering on once or twice for a split second every 3-4 seconds.

every 2nd or 3rd time the light flickers on add in an image of the same room but this time with a young girl with scraggly hair in an old school white gown, head facing down, bloody knife in one hand and blood on her gown/hands.

show her a few times when the light flickers on and off, but the last 2-3 times you show her have the light flick on with her face now pointed at the camera and give her an evil possessed look on her face.

:)

dinosaur 08-12-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

wtf is wrong with you?!

:Puke:

Fafine 08-12-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Number two wins!
Make sure she's not facing the camera and as she sips her tea she turns around to reveal her face hahaha. Make sure she has a scarf over her head too.
Posted via RS Mobile

rsx 08-12-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 8299575)
wtf is wrong with you?!

:Puke:

I actually toned it down. It was gonna be far worse.

subordinate 08-12-2013 11:19 PM

1. Foggy off-road, classic beat car driving with only fog lights on, playing that era' of music.

2. deep wooded forest and nothing but the outfits of what appeared to have been someone inside previous. So the shirt,pants, shoes.

Ulic Qel-Droma 08-12-2013 11:45 PM

just play segments of the ring video lol! ...every segment from that video is creepy

Grim 08-13-2013 12:25 AM

Thanks for the ideas and support!
please keep them coming!

We will announce which one we will be using next week! :)

rsx 08-13-2013 12:31 AM

An old Japanese lady dressed as a geisha dancing in the forest.

Lomac 08-13-2013 12:36 AM

I'll give you a couple shot suggestions for the two ideas I like so far...

Quote:

Originally Posted by subordinate (Post 8299584)
1. Foggy off-road, classic beat car driving with only fog lights on, playing that era' of music.

Use a hand-held or shoulder mount rig and setup the scene as a POV of someone hiding in the bushes, maybe focus pull from a tree trunk in the forefront and then onto car. Either keep it one continuous shot or do the same sort of sulking type of shot from multiple angles. End it with a hand-held shot running straight toward the front of the car, ending on the windshield.

Alternatively you can end it on a shot from inside the car, occupants unaware that a pair of glowing red eyes are right outside the window. Have period music playing in the background, but nothing as overused as Louis Armstrong.

Quote:

Have shots of the old lady pouring and drinking tea, and have her talking about... whatever. Something normal. She can ask if anyone would like more biscuits or cookies, etc as well. Keep these all medium and closeup shots, except for maybe extreme closeup shots of the hands pouring the tea or stirring some milk into a cup. Then, for the last shot, use an establishing shot about 15' away that's slowly pulling away from the set, showing that there's no one else there.

You could also have weird things sitting in the other chairs as well, if you're unable to pull off the subtle weirdness with words and the right style of camera work and editing. Maybe headless dolls or something like that.

However, don't use an "odd looking" lady... just someone that looks grandmotherly. I think the more sane someone looks, the odder the overall picture would turn out.

CP.AR 08-13-2013 12:51 AM

single man enters car in dimly lit garage.
sits down in his seat, checks his mirrors to find a dimly lit figure in the rear view mirror.
glances away and there's a creepy little girl, no emotions, straight brushed hair, sitting in the passenger seat staring back, into infinity.

This could potentially get your audience quite well and stick... since almost everyone does this routine every morning. get up... get to the garage... drive off etc...

Lomac 08-13-2013 12:54 AM

Revscene either going down for an entire weekend

or

Revscene.net permanently turning into Revscene.cn

/thread

GLOW 08-13-2013 07:10 AM

little kids standing in shadows of dark areas of an old house when someone is walking by ala japanese horror films

murd0c 08-13-2013 07:14 AM

grown fat man sitting in the corner wearing depends and a kids hat playing with knifes cuting himself while sucking on a soother

Araaadi 08-13-2013 08:02 AM

you washing the lexus outside, wife comes out with a positive pregnancy test saying you have to sell the is250 for a mini van.

Geoc 08-13-2013 08:03 AM

I'm surprised no one mentioned murderous clowns yet

sonick 08-13-2013 08:13 AM

Two young girls in short skirts walking through a dark park... The camera pans slightly to the side, and out of focus you see a figure in the distance behind them. The camera focuses and it's... MG1.

J-Chow 08-13-2013 08:37 AM

Creepy lady from grudge at Stanley park at night

GLOW 08-13-2013 08:42 AM

the naked purple skinned kid from japanese version of the grudge is creepier imo