REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #26
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

For real, what constitutes a beat down from an officer? What is right and what is wrong? Regardless of what she did, what makes it right for a Sheriff to go full out on her resulting in numerous injuries and bruises? She could be wanted for murder and this type of violence wouldn't be necessary. Did she threaten with a gun or knife or any type of weapon? No amount of verbal threats I presume she made deserves any type of beat down. Its a fucking traffic violation.
Advertisement
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
From her face it looks like she could have pulled the wet noodle as soon as the officer touched her and hit her face on the pavement and there were rocks. My nephew fell off his stationary bike and had eerily similar scratches and marks on his face.

Possibility.

Won't speculate more until they show footage if they ever will. On the real though, I don't trust small women, especially small white women (call me racist), I swear they think they can get away with murder.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #28
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
Won't speculate more until they show footage if they ever will. On the real though, I don't trust small women, especially small white women (call me racist), I swear they think they can get away with murder.

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #29
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
That is NOT how HIV is transmitted.
I wasn't saying that's how its transferred...I was saying I don't know if shes got hiv and has used needles on her, I don't know if her squirimg around if she'll try to get away and bite me, or if she'll attempt to spit in my face (which can be assault)
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
i find it hard to think of a reason to beat up a woman, even if she was being aggressive/disrespectful/non-compliant. there are always other options than punching her in the face and throwing her on the ground. I bet that cop felt like a real tough guy doing that.

I can't believe you guys are sitting here finding reasons to justify the beating she took. I'm no feminist pussy, I too sometimes wish I could backhand a mouthy bitch, but I would never actually do it.

As far as cooperating with the cop, I was told by a lawyer that at a traffic stop, I only legally have to roll down my window enough to hand them my DL/insurance papers. I don't have to answer any questions/have my window rolled down/engine off, etc. Cops are not above the general public. They are paid to protect the public. But a lot of them act like they are above the law.

Too bad most of the time these investigations are handled by other cops, so chances of any actual legal "justice" happening in this case are slim. I hope this cop at least gets his ass handed to him by other cops in his detachment who still have enough sense to know that 99% of the time, it's wrong to beat a woman.

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #31
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
It's too early to make the call as we are hearing 1-side story.

Nevertheless, I find it hard to understand that such excessive amount of force was required.

As a RCMP, getting verbal insult should be as regular as having a donut at tims due to their work environment. Losing your temper is very unprofessional as a RCMP if not down right dangerous to the public.

The lady might be acting up for her own benefit? sure. But from the pictures we can see and scenarios I can imagine, none of these should have happened in the first place if the RCMP kept it professional and maintained his cool.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #32
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

The traffic stop was conducted by Alberta Sheriffs, not RCMP. In the province of Alberta, the Sheriffs also enforce their Highway Act. I believe criminal investigations are then turned over to RCMP or Police of jurisdiction. Sheriffs are Peace Officers, not Police Officers. Just clarifying because there seems to be a lot of misguided comments in here.

As for the pictures of her injuries on the video, it looks like it's all on one side of her face. Likely caused by being put to the ground. Even mouthy speeders aren't typically brought out of their car unless there is more to the investigation. Will need to hear the other half before making a personal opinion.
Brad Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #33
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Failed Hehe for his failure of reading comprehension. As Brad just stated, it was an Albertan Sheriff that stopped her, RCMP rolled up soon after.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #34
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
BRB using imagination since no pics

H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #35
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
As someone already said, all those injuries look like they were from one aggressive take down. Cuffed, grabbed, knee in the back of the knee, face to the ground. Bruises on chest, one side of face, legs, and arms.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #36
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
As someone already said, all those injuries look like they were from one aggressive take down. Cuffed, grabbed, knee in the back of the knee, face to the ground. Bruises on chest, one side of face, legs, and arms.

yea i dont think she would be taken to the ground lightly after sitting in her car like an idiot with the windows up not complying to the cop for a simple ticket. I would like to see how this pans out once we hear the other side.
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #37

I fail to understand what you are trying to point out about my statement. When a cop is taking someone down from behind, they will slam their knee into the back of someone else's knee to cause it to buckle. She has bruises on the back of her knee. Should I draw a diagram?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #38
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
i thought you were trying to say knee to the back of the head, like when they have you on the the ground to hold you there....
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #39
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
I'm thinking that a female in our country that maybe doesn't have a lot of experience in dealing with the police should never have to worry that she's going to get beaten when she's pulled over.

I've changed my mind, and come off the fence.

In fact, I'd like to think that really no one should come away from a police incident looking like this unless they are armed, and posing an imminent threat to police.

I think we're becoming blind, and numb to this type of stuff.

She was pulled over for speeding, and I'm sure being lippy as shit. Does that equate a beating? Are we ok with that? I think that equates a fat ticket and be sure to show up in court if she disputes it.

What I say is not a generalization in any way. The vast majority know their jobs well, and complete them with distinction daily. But also in general I say:

We need to be able to trust police again.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
i thought you were trying to say knee to the back of the head, like when they have you on the the ground to hold you there....
Ugh I've been the recipient of that one. Just trying to make a point that, it wouldn't have taken a "beating and sexual assault" to explain the bruises, even though they are scattered throughout the body. Sheriffs in alberta have been know to be a bunch of overpaid over equipped mall security though, so one being a fucking spazzcase and over stepping its boundaries is not a far stretch. When authority figures are involved many people have real trouble looking at an incident objectively.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #41
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
if you don't roll it down and ask/tell him to stop, would that be a ticket for failing to obey an officer or something? (ps I bet all the cop was doing was using his flashlight to knock on the window..)

in an officers defence, im sure they go through that same scenario non stop, sometimes it has happy endings, sometimes they don't. im sure hes just doing what he needs to do to make sure that he is safe. if I were a cop and someone wasn't obeying me i'd be a bit suspicious as to what this person is up to, and at that point I probably would want to have them come out of the car just to make sure they don't have anything on them. if they get all antsy id probably try to just detain them in cuffs until I can figure out whats going on and why they're acting out..if they want to get all jumpy and antsy again while trying to detain them, id probably want to throw them to the ground as well, get them in cuffs, then at least have a chance to talk to them without them being able to run away and squirm etc. tell them what they did, give them the ticket, let them be on their way.

couldn't care less if it was a 15 year old boy or a 65 year old woman, ive watched to serve and protect a million times and I constantly hear them ask "got any drugs, knives, guns, grenades, rocket launchers in the trunk, or anything that will stick me". they're just covering their own asses in safety.
if you don't roll down the window, how are you supposed to hand over your driver's licence/insurance papers, and communicate with the Police? You do realize you can be fined under the MVA if you do not physically give the Officer your DL and insurance papers, right? Also, if you fail or refuse to identify yourself, it is considered Obstruction, which is a Criminal Code Offence. So now you have given the Officer grounds to arrest you for Obstruction. If you resist this arrest in any way (running, staying in your car like dead weight, etc), the Officer is allowed to use as much force needed, to apprehend you. So now that you know that, take your chances with a super patient officer, or one that does not put up with people who think they have more "rights" than they do.. and don't know the "rights" of the Officer. Be assured that you will only be ASKED a handful of times to do something before you are TOLD. If you still do not cooperate after being TOLD, you will be MADE to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
You can bet all you want, you weren't there. From the pictures, that cop is a fuck of a lot larger than the woman. If he perceives her as a threat, he should call for back up. Coming from a family of policing, size does not matter. There was a woman that worked at the squamish detachment that might have been 5'0, and took down a guy who was at least 6'4 and wielding an axe. There was no reason, other then she had a gun in her lap, or pulled a knife when she got out of the car, for that kind of force. Even then, its fucking excessive. SHE IS FUCKING TINY. IF A GROWN ASS COP WITH HAND TO HAND COMBAT TRAINING CAN NOT RESTRAIN A SMALL WOMAN, CALL FOR BACK UP OR APPLY FOR A JOB AT A GAS STATION.
Having family members that were Officers, you should also realize that force is not used ONLY because there are weapons involved. The statement you made regarding the 5'0 officer taking down the 6'4 male contradicts your statement regarding the driver being much smaller than the cop. You don't know if backup was called or not. You also probably don't realize in small towns, back up can be hours away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
not saying he was in the right nor in the wrong, and im sure he could easily have used minimal force with her. but im pretty sure her squirming will only make him go harder. im sure you, even myself could have easily used minimal force to get her out, but as far as I know, shes a random stranger whos squirming, I don't know if she has HIV, and I don't know if during her squirming she might happen to bite me or spit in my face etc. and im sure as a hell not willing to find out the hard way.
I am pretty sure you don't know what the hell you are talking about when you keep saying you are pretty sure you could have done this and that. I would like to watch you attempt to get a female who is 5'0 100lbs out of a vehicle who is motivated NOT to come out, possibly kicking and screaming with a seatbelt on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
It's too early to make the call as we are hearing 1-side story.

Nevertheless, I find it hard to understand that such excessive amount of force was required.

As a RCMP, getting verbal insult should be as regular as having a donut at tims due to their work environment. Losing your temper is very unprofessional as a RCMP if not down right dangerous to the public.

The lady might be acting up for her own benefit? sure. But from the pictures we can see and scenarios I can imagine, none of these should have happened in the first place if the RCMP kept it professional and maintained his cool.
You stating the force was excessive means you have all the evidence, and made that conclusion from all the available information, correct? So you must know something we don't know..... Please tell me how you got to this conclusion? From pictures and her side of the story? Ever heard of he said she said?

As Brad mentioned, it wasn't the RCMP. Secondly, you don't even know how she got those injuries. If she was resisting the whole time, it is likely she got slammed to the ground before she was handcuffed, which depending on the situation, is not excessive. It's an unfortunate outcome to an apprehension. Lastly, none of this would have happened, if the driver maintained HER cool, and obeyed directions.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #42
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I'm thinking that a female in our country that maybe doesn't have a lot of experience in dealing with the police should never have to worry that she's going to get beaten when she's pulled over.

I've changed my mind, and come off the fence.

In fact, I'd like to think that really no one should come away from a police incident looking like this unless they are armed, and posing an imminent threat to police.

I think we're becoming blind, and numb to this type of stuff.

She was pulled over for speeding, and I'm sure being lippy as shit. Does that equate a beating? Are we ok with that? I think that equates a fat ticket and be sure to show up in court if she disputes it.

What I say is not a generalization in any way. The vast majority know their jobs well, and complete them with distinction daily. But also in general I say:

We need to be able to trust police again.
What's in bold may be your personal opinion, but that is not reality, or how Police are trained.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #43
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
when someone is resists to comply with the officers requests, what message does that send to the officer?

If you were the officer asking for identification and the person resists, then what? give them a ticket?

also the term 'beating' is highly exaggerated which was used in the one sided story. Obviously she wasn't 'Beaten' but sustained injuries from being restrained.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #44
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
I don't trust small women, especially small white women (call me racist), I swear they think they can get away with murder.
lippy bitches come in all races and sizes.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #45

Quote:
I am pretty sure you don't know what the hell you are talking about when you keep saying you are pretty sure you could have done this and that. I would like to watch you attempt to get a female who is 5'0 100lbs out of a vehicle who is motivated NOT to come out, possibly kicking and screaming with a seatbelt on.
sure, put me in an officers uniform, watch me. she squirms and is not motivated to come out and comply, that's when I pull out mr electrical and pump a few volts in her for 5 seconds. if she doesn't learn from the first shock, she'll definitely learn from the second.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #46

Because that would likely go over well. You seem to have very little grasp on what is being discussed here and why. Although I guess you wouldn't need to have an irrational fear over catching HIV through a taser.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #47
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,811 Times in 2,500 Posts
i thought stewie's last post was sarcastic

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #48

it would go over well. she resists arrest, she deserves whats coming to her. plain and fucking simple. if people want to step and say "you cant do this to me!!! your here to protect and serve the public, I pay your taxes" etc etc... pull your heads out of your asses cause its quite simple...it really is....if an officer asks for your id and insurance on a routine traffic stop...you give it to him...you don't demand that he stops tapping on your window before you hand it over to him.

ps - where the fuck are you retards getting that I claimed I can get hiv through spit and a bite???? RE READ that post, in no way did I claim that her having hiv and biting me or spitting in my face is anyway what so ever a way that I could catch the disease...one person jumped the gun and claimed my post implied that...well guess what....it didn't...but your right, I shouldn't have an irrational fear of catching HIV through a taser...I might as well stay 20 ft from her and talk to her through a megaphone...cause you know...that shit is fuckin airborne!

Old 08-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #49
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
if you don't roll down the window, how are you supposed to hand over your driver's licence/insurance papers, and communicate with the Police? You do realize you can be fined under the MVA if you do not physically give the Officer your DL and insurance papers, right? Also, if you fail or refuse to identify yourself, it is considered Obstruction, which is a Criminal Code Offence. So now you have given the Officer grounds to arrest you for Obstruction. If you resist this arrest in any way (running, staying in your car like dead weight, etc), the Officer is allowed to use as much force needed, to apprehend you. So now that you know that, take your chances with a super patient officer, or one that does not put up with people who think they have more "rights" than they do.. and don't know the "rights" of the Officer. Be assured that you will only be ASKED a handful of times to do something before you are TOLD. If you still do not cooperate after being TOLD, you will be MADE to do so.
you might want to re-read what my post said. you even quoted it.... i said you have to roll the window down enough to give them your DL/insurance papers.

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #50
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

isnt the proper procedure to shoot then tase her?
jimmyrustler is offline   Reply With Quote