REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

Petite female dentist put in handcuffs for speeding ticket and beaten

RCMP investigating Alberta woman’s complaint against sheriff

“I am going to make justice happen,” she says. “No individual should be handcuffed and be beaten by the police. No woman should be handcuffed by the police and be sexually assaulted.”

UPDATE: RCMP investigating Camrose woman?s complaint against sheriff | Globalnews.ca

Canada, the champion of human rights!
Advertisement
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Charlie, I thought people who take what mainstream news media reports at face value are nothing but sheep?

LOL, I have no idea if this broad is a victim or just someone who didn't comply. If she is a victim bring on the justice, if she wasn't following commands from a police officer and resisting well shit happens.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
“I am going to make justice happen,” she says. “No individual should be handcuffed and be beaten by the police. No woman should be handcuffed by the police and be sexually assaulted.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Charlie, I thought people who take what mainstream news media reports at face value are nothing but sheep?

LOL, I have no idea if this broad is a victim or just someone who didn't comply. If she is a victim bring on the justice, if she wasn't following commands from a police officer and resisting well shit happens.
I would normally like to reply to your mainstream media comment but that would lead to the NWO, Illuminati, Zionist powers which would get me thread banned by the mods here.

She says she was handcuffed and beaten, common sense would concluded that a man could easily over power a handcuffed women.. but we'll wait for the police dash camera footage to emerge... if it every does.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 08-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,284 Times in 2,504 Posts
I wish the lady good luck in filing the charges. But unless she has some sort of convincing proof that the incident occurred as she described it, it is going to come down to a matter of her words against that of the sheriff's. And in that case, the court will probably side with the sheriff instead of with her.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
I subscribe to Revscene

I think I read she accuses the officer of slapping her tits, and has the bruise marks to show for it. Anyways a little women like that to be beaten so hard, look at her face.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
I think I read she accuses the officer of slapping her tits, and has the bruise marks to show for it.
this is what really stuck out to me....seems like she has a legit case.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,811 Times in 2,500 Posts
right or wrong, but i feel her social position of having the title of "Dr" by her name might make the case more scrutinized and make more waves in media.

but wow from the pics she really got messed up

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #9
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
So she was speeding..
Window still up when officer approached?
Had cellphone in hand..
Then she refused to hand over her drivers license and insurance.

I get it that by the looks of her injuries it was pretty severe, yet there's no comments from the officer yet. Just a 1 sided story.
Spoiler!
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
I would normally like to reply to your mainstream media comment but that would lead to the NWO, Illuminati, Zionist powers which would get me thread banned by the mods here.

She says she was handcuffed and beaten, common sense would concluded that a man could easily over power a handcuffed women.. but we'll wait for the police dash camera footage to emerge... if it every does.

She looks like she took a beating for sure. I'd like to see the dash cam footage as well. We can see her story I'm sure his is a lot different and the truth is somewhere in the middle. If he did purposely grope her he should be charged.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #11
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Yeah... until we get both sides of the story (dash cam would be best), I'm gonna side with the cop. People love to make their side sound like they're completely innocent.

And as mentioned, why did she have her phone in her hand and why wasn't her window already rolled down? Whenever I get pulled over by a cop, I've already got my insurance papers and drivers license in hand by the time they get to my already rolled down window.

Any of you who've seen an episode of Cops knows that just because it's a small woman being pulled over, it doesn't mean they're any less abusive or whatnot to a police officer. I'm sure even if the cop happened to touch the woman's breast, chances are it was in the process of trying to pull her arm around or something. I doubt he actually tried to sexually assault her on the side of a road with other cars driving by...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Well, let's throw this through the ole logic litmus test and see what pops out.

1. Can I see a sheriff in Alberta approaching her car, rapping on the window heavily and be maybe a bit short on patience?

Yes.

2. Can I see a woman who admits the first thing she said to the police officer being a threat, "I get you x, when you stop doing y" being maybe not as cooperative as she could be?

Yes.

So already for me, the truth is going to land in the middle. Unfortunately, the image of the friendly neighborhood police officer is something that is getting lost in the past. I can see her throwing some attitude, him blowing some steam and the entire thing escalating out of hand. Did she need to be thrown on the ground and come away with cuts and bruises? Hell no. Was she completely innocent? Probably not.

Does anything happen to Officer Beatsme? At best a mandatory class on anger management.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #13
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
agreed with lomac

watch a few episodes of cops, whenever someone hesitates or gets that "im not a criminal don't touch me" attitude and starts reaching into pockets to grab a phone or whatever and start squirming trying to talk there way out are the ones who usually are resisting arrest. im sure a lot of what happened could have easily been avoided if she just simply complied with the officer.

the bruises don't mean anything to me, shes small and petite. my gf can get a bruise from walking past a doorway and bumping her shoulder into the door frame where as others it takes significant damage to cause bruising.

but im still interested in seeing a dash cam or at least a voice recording of what happened.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #14
Need my Daily Fix of RS

When I've been pulled over by a cop, I usually roll the widows down, shut off the engine and stereo and put my hands on the steering wheel. When they ask for license and registration, I tell them I'm going to reach for the glove box and take it out. There have been a number of incidents of motorists nearly getting shot for going for the glove box before the officer is at your window. They don't know if you are getting out your papers or a weapon.
marksport is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #15
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
A cop takes a few minutes to approach your vehicle because they are running your name and plate through the system. They know your history before they approach a vehicle. If you have a history of violence, you should use more caution as the cop is going to be on heightened alert because of your past. If you have no issues in the past, then you may notice how whenever you get pulled over, the cop is usually relaxed or casual, because they don't see you as a threat. 99% of the time you aren't, especially if you are not acting strange. If a cop approached my vehicle and started smashing on my window, would I roll it down? No, I would probably ask him to stop or I will call the police. Probably would not go well for me from there if he wants to continue that aggression, but just because he has a badge does not give him the right to act in that manor. As far as I can tell, unless she was found with a weapon on her and he stats she threatened to use it on him, I can not even begin to understand how he can justify that use of force, and I suspect he is going to get charged.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksport View Post
When I've been pulled over by a cop, I usually roll the widows down, shut off the engine and stereo and put my hands on the steering wheel. When they ask for license and registration, I tell them I'm going to reach for the glove box and take it out. There have been a number of incidents of motorists nearly getting shot for going for the glove box before the officer is at your window. They don't know if you are getting out your papers or a weapon.
To add to that, I actually only leave the windows rolled down about half way.
Not sure if it makes a difference to keep that window barrier, but maybe the cop would feel more at ease knowing I can't easily make sudden physical contact.
If I have enough time, which I usually do, I get out my insurance papers ahead of time and leave them on the passenger seat while the cop is still in his vehicle looking up my information.

But yes, 2 things that are very important is to put both hands on the steering wheel (so the cop can see your hands), and shut off the engine, so the cop knows you're not going to suddenly dash off.

Never had to deal with an officer having a bad attitude, and also received some warnings instead of tickets.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #17
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #18
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
holy anchorwoman
sdubfid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #19
I subscribe to Revscene

News site updated witness aftermath pictures

Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #20
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
...as we just stand there looking at the bleeding woman we pulled over for speeding, not gunning down children.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
A cop takes a few minutes to approach your vehicle because they are running your name and plate through the system. They know your history before they approach a vehicle. If you have a history of violence, you should use more caution as the cop is going to be on heightened alert because of your past. If you have no issues in the past, then you may notice how whenever you get pulled over, the cop is usually relaxed or casual, because they don't see you as a threat. 99% of the time you aren't, especially if you are not acting strange. If a cop approached my vehicle and started smashing on my window, would I roll it down? No, I would probably ask him to stop or I will call the police. Probably would not go well for me from there if he wants to continue that aggression, but just because he has a badge does not give him the right to act in that manor. As far as I can tell, unless she was found with a weapon on her and he stats she threatened to use it on him, I can not even begin to understand how he can justify that use of force, and I suspect he is going to get charged.

if you don't roll it down and ask/tell him to stop, would that be a ticket for failing to obey an officer or something? (ps I bet all the cop was doing was using his flashlight to knock on the window..)

in an officers defence, im sure they go through that same scenario non stop, sometimes it has happy endings, sometimes they don't. im sure hes just doing what he needs to do to make sure that he is safe. if I were a cop and someone wasn't obeying me i'd be a bit suspicious as to what this person is up to, and at that point I probably would want to have them come out of the car just to make sure they don't have anything on them. if they get all antsy id probably try to just detain them in cuffs until I can figure out whats going on and why they're acting out..if they want to get all jumpy and antsy again while trying to detain them, id probably want to throw them to the ground as well, get them in cuffs, then at least have a chance to talk to them without them being able to run away and squirm etc. tell them what they did, give them the ticket, let them be on their way.

couldn't care less if it was a 15 year old boy or a 65 year old woman, ive watched to serve and protect a million times and I constantly hear them ask "got any drugs, knives, guns, grenades, rocket launchers in the trunk, or anything that will stick me". they're just covering their own asses in safety.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
You can bet all you want, you weren't there. From the pictures, that cop is a fuck of a lot larger than the woman. If he perceives her as a threat, he should call for back up. Coming from a family of policing, size does not matter. There was a woman that worked at the squamish detachment that might have been 5'0, and took down a guy who was at least 6'4 and wielding an axe. There was no reason, other then she had a gun in her lap, or pulled a knife when she got out of the car, for that kind of force. Even then, its fucking excessive. SHE IS FUCKING TINY. IF A GROWN ASS COP WITH HAND TO HAND COMBAT TRAINING CAN NOT RESTRAIN A SMALL WOMAN, CALL FOR BACK UP OR APPLY FOR A JOB AT A GAS STATION.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
You can bet all you want, you weren't there. From the pictures, that cop is a fuck of a lot larger than the woman. If he perceives her as a threat, he should call for back up. Coming from a family of policing, size does not matter. There was a woman that worked at the squamish detachment that might have been 5'0, and took down a guy who was at least 6'4 and wielding an axe. There was no reason, other then she had a gun in her lap, or pulled a knife when she got out of the car, for that kind of force. Even then, its fucking excessive. SHE IS FUCKING TINY. IF A GROWN ASS COP WITH HAND TO HAND COMBAT TRAINING CAN NOT RESTRAIN A SMALL WOMAN, CALL FOR BACK UP OR APPLY FOR A JOB AT A GAS STATION.
not saying he was in the right nor in the wrong, and im sure he could easily have used minimal force with her. but im pretty sure her squirming will only make him go harder. im sure you, even myself could have easily used minimal force to get her out, but as far as I know, shes a random stranger whos squirming, I don't know if she has HIV, and I don't know if during her squirming she might happen to bite me or spit in my face etc. and im sure as a hell not willing to find out the hard way.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #24
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
I take off my shades when talking to a cop.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #25
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
don't know if she has HIV, and I don't know if during her squirming she might happen to bite me or spit in my face etc. and im sure as a hell not willing to find out the hard way.
That is NOT how HIV is transmitted.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: