REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #201
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowjinboo View Post
government offers free english classes at VCC.

My cousin did it when he emigrated here from greece.

Fail excuse.

After 1 year he's pretty fluent.

He also didn't get a job with other greeks.
great your cousin is smart but my mom is not
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:13 AM   #202
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil@rise View Post
So a few weeks back I had a customer in here a brown guy that just blurted out "go back home you fuckin dipper!" at another brown dude runnin down the street yellin up a storm. When he looked back at me he could tell I was shocked and he says to me "I hate these fuckin dippers! Why come to Canada in the first place if your gonna act the same as back home?!" Now after having my shop in Richmond for a few years and living there plus my daughter attending both high school and elementary I couldnt help but notice a fair portion of the immigrants in Richmond have the same mentality as many of those in Surrey and this guy an immigrant himself hit the nail on the head.
I had always kept my mouth shut I didnt want anyone looking down upon me for my observations but even some of the better adapted immigrants feel the same way as I'm sure he wasnt the only one with such views he just had the courage or lack of filter to express them.
Now what this family needs to do and I'm sure many others like them is think how would this scenario unfold if the roles were reversed and it was a Canadian in their country. I say Canadian because being Canadian has nothing to do with where your from or the color of your skin but your acceptance of a nation its people and its culture.
Language and customs are always a barrier but its up to you to fit in not the other way around. You chose to emigrate to another country you have to take the responsibility to accept that culture and embrace it or whats the point of even going there?
He did hit the nail on the head. He knows that people like the guy he yelled at, make him look bad, as it perpetuates a sterotype. Sure its wrong to judge everyone of a certain background, ethnicity, skin colour, whatever, as the same, but EVERYONE does it at one time or another. Like all the chinese that have come into this thread telling that woman to go the fuck home, they know it makes them look bad. I like Canada. I am glad I grew up here. I don't consider myself racist. I have multicultural friends. I don't like these people as much as you don't like them. Its not because of their race, or what country they came from. Its because they are self centered selfish fuck bags that think everyone should cater to them. Sorry, but just because Canadians are seen as extra nice to everyone, doesn't mean you can walk all over us. Everyone is welcome here, but I think to truely call yourself Canadian, is when you embrace the culture. You think I could go to Korea, be myself, and expect to be treated like that woman is being treated here? Hahahaha, I am sure I would end up in some jail never to be heard from again.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #203
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
No and here's why:
the Chinese' have been here since 1788.

So in 225 years, the chinese still can't speak fucking english?
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #204
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
^^ Nah back then they had respect. They would learn the language abit so they could communicate.

Now-a-days they just move to Richmond and expect it to be exactly like China back home.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #205
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
^^ Nah back then they had respect. They would learn the language abit so they could communicate.

Now-a-days they just move to Richmond and expect it to be exactly like China back home.

i dont think they expect it to be like China... i think they expect us to be fine with them turning it into China.

(give an inch, they take a mile) seems to be the mentality.. its easy to abuse freedoms in Canada and a lot don't seem to hesitate
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #206
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:

I don't mind as much if they try to change make their environment similar to their country of origin. Just treat me with respect if I don't speak Chinese. The amount of dirty looks and general attitude once they realize you don't speak a lick of Chinese is terrible.

I don't give you shit for not speaking english so dont give me shit for not speaking yours.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #207

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
I don't mind as much if they try to change make their environment similar to their country of origin. Just treat me with respect if I don't speak Chinese. The amount of dirty looks and general attitude once they realize you don't speak a lick of Chinese is terrible.

I don't give you shit for not speaking english so dont give me shit for not speaking yours.
I'm white.

When I walk into their restaurant, they know I don't speak Chinese.
I have gotten tons of dirty looks from people, but I am happily 6'3" and now 190lbs. I have yet to have someone tell me to GTFO because of my race or my lack of asian languages.

Spoiler!
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #208
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
I'm white.

I have gotten tons of dirty looks from people, but I am happily 6'3" and now 190lbs. I have yet to have someone tell me to GTFO because of my race of my lack of asian languages.

Spoiler!
im bigger than u
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #209
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
is the guy's name David or Frank? Two articles state 2 different names... unless different brothers?
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #210
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
im bigger than u

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #211
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
im bigger than u
Calling it. 2013 post of the year.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #212
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Canadians routinely bend over backwards to people who are new to or rough with English. It’s simply unfair to cry “discrimination” when just once things don’t turn out perfectly.

Hai Xia Sun is doing just that after her experience at a Richmond, B.C., McDonald’s.

Sun didn’t get what she ordered. She wanted to correct the mistake but says the manager sent her away saying, “You don’t understand English … The line is long. I want to serve other people.”

Sun has the Chinese Canadian National Council on her team now — their executive director labelling the experience “unacceptable.” Now Sun doesn’t just want a simple apology. She wants a written one from the franchise owner, the manager and she wants it made out to all Canadians who aren’t native English speakers.

Sun, who has lived in Canada for 10 years and whose son suggests McDonald’s solution should be to hire Mandarin speakers, is pushing her luck

Sun News : Just because red carpet wasn’t rolled out, don’t call it discrimination
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #213
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
she should stay in china if she wants service in her OWN language... this isnt china.. and shouldnt cater to it just coz you can speak english AFTER 10 years living/working in a country... GTFO
Old 08-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #214
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
lol bunch of clowns

someone needs to slap some sense into the mom and beat the crap out of the instigating little shit monger son of hers. It's fucking canada, speak the language or get the fuck out-- it's as simple as that.

This is a prime example of why there is no sense of 'nation' in Canada -- if there was a war tomorrow and we needed people to fight, how many of these 'canadians' would voluntarily enlist, and how many would scurry back to their home country to avoid a draft?
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #215
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
She should go piss in a garbage can that stupid twat
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #216
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
She should go piss in a garbage can that stupid twat
she should hold the respect sign while doing so

LOL
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #217
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

she dun goofed. now her consequences will never be the same again...
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #218

Quote:
Sun has the Chinese Canadian National Council on her team now — their executive director labelling the experience “unacceptable.” Now Sun doesn’t just want a simple apology. She wants a written one from the franchise owner, the manager and she wants it made out to all Canadians who aren’t native English speakers.
text book definition of give an inch, take a mile.

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #219
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
Quote:

no, it's because they used to be a needle in a haystack. If you didn't speak English you won't be able to hold ANY jobs...and they probably did not come from a wealthy background in the first place.

If they had their piece of Richmond/Asian Majority % of population back in the days and came to this country with money in the bank...they'd do the same thing.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #220
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
I'm white.

I have gotten tons of dirty looks from people, but I am happily 6'3" and now 190lbs. I have yet to have someone tell me to GTFO because of my race or my lack of asian languages.

Spoiler!
I'm 5'10" 155lbs, I have yet someone to tell me to GTFO either.

FYI for the most part, the Chinese are civilized enough to not start shit with people regardless of their size, so don't think just cause you're 6'3" people wouldn't tell you to fuck off if they had to. And I mean that in the most respectful way possible.

Just a piece of life advice, you're obviously conscious of your physical advantage over the average person, but don't depend on it and let it get to your head. Otherwise the littler people you pick on might put something else in your head
alpinestars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #221

cromagnon vs neanderthals

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #222
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

le fob
RX8CER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #223
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestars View Post

Just a piece of life advice, you're obviously conscious of your physical advantage over the average person, but don't depend on it and let it get to your head. Otherwise the littler people you pick on might put something else in your head
OT but just had to....

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #224
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
im at the bar right now in GZ, talking to some americans &.even they know this story

holy shit man, this kinda made international news
Posted via RS Mobile
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #225

were they screaming for human rights?

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa