REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #26
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
^^ yeah...I worked parks board sanitation, so we'd clean the sea wall daily, empty every garbage can daily, clean up after fireworks which starts at 5am(which truly shows how fucking disgusting people are), and we'd have to pick up garbage on the paths etc with buckets and those tong things.

I was part of the condom clean up once was an unlucky day for me...5 workers, 1 foreman and 2 police officers had to be there...they're all within 10-20 feet into the open spots beside the trail....the sight and smell was enough to make me never step foot on that trail again
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #27
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
A week? off the top of my head, rent out the penthouse at The Keefer with the rooftop pool for a party. Afternoon drinks at a patio in Coal Harbour (Cactus, Tap n Barrel, Mill), evening drinks at Glowbal and YT Brewpub for the talent, day at Kits beach with drinks and football, drinks at Local on the patio, #5 Orange.

Paddleboarding & wakeboard in Deep Cove, hike the Chief, rollerblade or run the Seawall, Helijet tour of the city, take a boat out for the day in English Bay

Eats at Black & Blue, Wildebeest, Miku, Octopus Garden, Fable, Ciopinnos, Blue Water, Pajos, Vijs, Cin Cin, Tojos, Dimsum at Kirin
One day challenge.

Accepted.
Posted via RS Mobile
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #28
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Capilano Suspension bridge, they have upgraded it so much, its really a fun experience for the family.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #29
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Capilano Suspension bridge, they have upgraded it so much, its really a fun experience for the family.
Yeah, that is also a real great way to burn 100+$.

Go to Lynn Canyon. Not as touristy and ostentatious, there is more to see, and it is FREE.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #30
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Just checked the Capilano Suspension Bridge website to see what the 2013 rates were....HOLY FUCK!!

Adult ………………………………………… $34.95
Senior 65+ ………………………………….. $32.95
Student 17+ with ID ………………………. $28.95
Youth 13 – 16 ………………………………. $21.95
Child 6 – 12 ………………………………… $12.00
Under 6 ……………………………………… Free

Are they fucking insane?! Who in their right mind would pay 35$ to walk around a forest and cross a bridge (yes, I know there is other shit to look at, but lets face it...its not mind-blowing). How long does the average person spend there? 2 hours? 3 at most??

You can go to playland for cheaper....or science world....or the aquarium...or you could hit up a few museums...

I feel bad for tourists who get suckered into going there. That shit is fucked.

You want BC history and outdoor fun?

Museum of Anthropology (less that $16 per person with group/family rates avail)
Burnaby Village Museum (free)
Burnaby Lake & Park (free)
Lynn Canyon (free)
Steveston Historical Walk (free) and add the Cannery for $8
Stanley Park and Totems (free)
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #31
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Just checked the Capilano Suspension Bridge website to see what the 2013 rates were....HOLY FUCK!!

Adult ………………………………………… $34.95
Senior 65+ ………………………………….. $32.95
Student 17+ with ID ………………………. $28.95
Youth 13 – 16 ………………………………. $21.95
Child 6 – 12 ………………………………… $12.00
Under 6 ……………………………………… Free

Are they fucking insane?! Who in their right mind would pay 35$ to walk around a forest and cross a bridge (yes, I know there is other shit to look at, but lets face it...its not mind-blowing). How long does the average person spend there? 2 hours? 3 at most??

You can go to playland for cheaper....or science world....or the aquarium...or you could hit up a few museums...

I feel bad for tourists who get suckered into going there. That shit is fucked.

You want BC history and outdoor fun?

Museum of Anthropology (less that $16 per person with group/family rates avail)
Burnaby Village Museum (free)
Burnaby Lake & Park (free)
Lynn Canyon (free)
Steveston Historical Walk (free) and add the Cannery for $8
Stanley Park and Totems (free)
Burnaby Mountain is also nice, good trails for hiking and biking, and the view from Horizons is spectacular. At the foot of the hill there's Squint Lake and the nearby urban trail. Further south there's Big Bend. Burnaby has a crapload of green space.

I walked the Lynn Canyon bridge and Rice Lake too. I highly recommend both. Also in the North Shore, try the watershed tours operated by Metro Vancouver, they're free but they fill up fast.
TatsuyaKataoka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #32
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
yea lol $35 for capilano? what a joke
Old 08-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #33
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,818 Times in 3,901 Posts
i only went to the cap suspension bridge once...think it was like $15 in the 90's and that already felt like a rip-off.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote