REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 08-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

London

Hey guys,

I'm going to be in London around mid-September for 4 days. Anyone have any good suggestions or itineraries I could check out?

Thanks!
Advertisement
canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
Banned By Establishment

I think the iTunes festival is happening
iTunes Festival: 1 - 30 September 2013
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I tried doing a bit of research but couldn't find how you actually get tickets for the iTunes festival...From what I can gather, the tickets are free but are only given to UK residents via iTunes. Scalping tickets is illegal in the UK.

Have you guys heard of how to get tickets? I'm really interested in seeing one of the concerts between Sept 15-18, but no idea where to even begin.
canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Take a big bus tour, by far best way to see all the main attractions you hop off and on at your leisure

War museum and their national historic museum are both great
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
-National Historic Museum is mindblowing
-British Museum is fucking awesome as well
-London Dungeons are pretty cool and freaky
-Convent Gardens is a nice place to sop and walk around
-Trafalgar Square
-Hyde Park is beautiful and HUGE...if you there on a Sunday, go to Speaker's Corner.

Like Hondaracer suggested, do the Bug Bus tour...you should hit all the above. In reality they are only about 10-15 mins apart, but as a tourist, it will be less confusing to use the bus as opposed to walking.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

«Home of the Famous London Free Tour with some of the best guides in Europe» - SANDEMANs NEW EUROPE

Do the New Europe Walking Tours. I did everything except the Pub Crawl and an South Bank tour.

I attended these tours when I was working outside of London a couple of years back. I do these tours to every city I visit in Europe if it is available.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:48 AM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Keep in mind that a lot of the main museums are free. The London Pass you'll come across is nice, but not necessary.
-MFC Fan # 3
-RS ELITE NINJA smurf-ninja
-L.B.C.: REVscene's Resident Lowballers
-RS Photography Crew WpnOfChoice: Sony DSC-F717~"Dana"

http://www.flickr.com/duckducksnap
Levitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #8
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Tower of London was good you can take a guided tour or just walk around at your own pace also check out Brighton they have a massive peer with a small carnival on it and pub's on every corner, and if you want to do something a little off the beaten path check out dover if you can It'll be a pricey cab ride but It's a pretty cool place to visit
Mike5.0 cammer is offline   Reply With Quote