REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Harper Says He Twerks Occasionally... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/687887-harper-says-he-twerks-occasionally.html)

PeanutButter 09-03-2013 05:45 PM

Harper Says He Twerks Occasionally...

Quote:

Harper Says He Twerks Occasionally — Thinks It Means Tweeting
THE LAPINE

TORONTO — Prime Minister Stephen Harper had a group of community leaders wondering if they’d heard right today when he told them that he enjoys “twerking” but only does it with close friends and “every now and then with President Obama.”

Speaking to a group of 400 Ontario non-profit group volunteers, Harper was making a point about the importance of using social media when he said that he “has a lot of fun twerking” but doesn’t “get to do it as often” as he would like.

“Speeches like this have their place for sure,” Harper told the luncheon crowd. “But a quick twerk is a great way to express what I’m thinking.”

The luncheon crowd went silent as Harper carried on by saying, “What? Don’t I look like I twerk?”

As a media aide hurriedly approached the stage, Harper added that as Prime Minister he “would like to twerk with every Canadian but that of course is impossible.”

The PMO issued a release immediately following the event saying, “Prime Minister Harper knows how important social media is to Canadians and enjoys tweeting. He has never and will never twerk. We regret any confusion that may have been created by a slip of the tongue today.”

Liberal leader Justin Trudeau was unavailable but a senior Liberal staff member was quoted on CTV saying, “Ewwwww. Won’t be able to delete that mental image any time soon.”

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney responded to a CBC reporter’s question about Harper twerking for Obama by asking if it was a joke and then saying simply, “The President of the United States does not twerk.”

Twerking is a relatively new dancing phenomenon referred to by earlier generations as “dry humping to music.”

Dan LaRue
Reportering for The Lapine
:lawl:

El Bastardo 09-03-2013 05:49 PM

And I thought The Chive was the worst Onion rip-off site I'd seen.

PeanutButter 09-03-2013 05:52 PM

Oh, so this site is like the onion?
I guess a failstorm may ensue...

trancehead 09-03-2013 06:05 PM

its okay man

Gridlock 09-03-2013 06:41 PM

Do we really need multiple Onion rip offs?

I mean, they occasionally do some funny stuff that makes you laugh, but a lot of it is really pushing to find the funny.

Like, real headlines are hard enough to believe they are real sometimes...do we need intentionally fake ones?