REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #126
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
If you and your partner make 70K each with full benefits and RRSP plans, then 140K is a pretty decent amount to live a middle-class life even in an expensive city like Vancouver. You may be renters though.
140k household income with dual benefits and renting?
may be in the first few years
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #127
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
I don't care what anyone says, 70k salary sucks, it was acceptable compensation 15 years ago - before housing prices went to the moon.
70k a person is still way above the national average of 38k. It all depends on where you live, how much food costs, etc, etc. I wouldn't want to live in Vancouver on a 70k salary, it doesn't leave you much for everything else.

Quote:
The stereotypes...
I see it first hand, kids driving around in massive jacked up trucks. They aren't the brightest bulbs in the box, but because they can weld two pieces of metal together they earn 150k/year. Meanwhile you have some engineers, doctors etc in Vancouver who are lucky to make that much. You think that's fair? In any case, I'm glad for the oil sector, it keeps a lot of these kids off welfare and gives them a job. The salaries, IMO, are overly inflated but that's the way it is. For now.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #128
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Not everyone wants to piss their money away on a 550 sq. ft shoe box for $600k.

Nothing wrong with renting....more people should do it.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #129
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Net income for two is probably around 7200/month. Renting a townhouse in an inner suburb probably costs around 2000-2500/month. The couple will have around 4500 to feed themselves (500 per person), pay off exising debts (perhaps 1 may have an MBA or something), investments (10%), insuring and maintaining 2 cars (1000 per month), and for other miscellaneous expenses. If the couple has kids, kids will take up the remainder of the miscellaneous expenses.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #130
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Good thread
EliteResearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: