REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #26
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
for me, im comfortable with how a police officer takes down anyone anyway so long as the person is not complying. ex. if the officer pulls over a car with a few people in it, has them all come out and sit on the curb except for the driver, talks with him etc...lets say one of the guys on the curb decides to stand up to say something. if I were that cop, my hand would be on my tazer(not pulled out...but on it) before he could get all the way up. if a cop is trying to give someone a command such as put your hands behind your back and to stop resisting, its not rocket science, you comply...every little flinch you make could put a million thoughts running through their head and have them tackle you to the ground.

but that's just my view. im all up for cops and the take downs and force they use. if they've given ample warning to not do something, or your flat out resisting. then fuck the person. they deserve every volt, bruise, or cut that comes from the take down.
Stewie,

First of all, I am glad you are not a cop.

Secondly, do you think the guy in the video was resisting arrest? Undoubtedly he kind of pulled his hand away a bit (and then the cop's sucker punch came right away), but the guy was not running away at all. You can call him a prick or whatever you want for all the stuff he might have done before getting arrested, but when I looked at the video, it looks to me he was complying with the cop's orders.

People can say all they want about how it is in the police's training to use force when taking down a suspect. Just as naturally, I can say how it is human nature and instinctive reflex to pull away when you are feeling pain. That seems to be the story the cyclist is sticking to -- he was complying with the arrest until the cop tried to bend his arm one way, and then he jerked his arm away out of pain, and the sucker punch came. His body didn't move; his legs didn't move; he was not resisting arrest.

If there was even the slightly trace of doubt in not pressing charges against the cop, the investigation wouldn't have lead to any charges.
Advertisement
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
After spending a solid 15 hours JUST driving around downtown Vancouver, I praise anyone who punches cyclists down there. Fucking retards need a good punch in the head to save their lives.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
It's not up to the police you idiot.

If you punch me, I can charge you with assault. Get you arrested (by the police). You get a criminal record. Then we can go to court and the judge will give you your punishment.

Learn the process.
I have gone threw the processes thank you very much.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #29
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Stewie,

First of all, I am glad you are not a cop.

Secondly, do you think the guy in the video was resisting arrest? Undoubtedly he kind of pulled his hand away a bit (and then the cop's sucker punch came right away), but the guy was not running away at all. You can call him a prick or whatever you want for all the stuff he might have done before getting arrested, but when I looked at the video, it looks to me he was complying with the cop's orders.

People can say all they want about how it is in the police's training to use force when taking down a suspect. Just as naturally, I can say how it is human nature and instinctive reflex to pull away when you are feeling pain. That seems to be the story the cyclist is sticking to -- he was complying with the arrest until the cop tried to bend his arm one way, and then he jerked his arm away out of pain, and the sucker punch came. His body didn't move; his legs didn't move; he was not resisting arrest.

If there was even the slightly trace of doubt in not pressing charges against the cop, the investigation wouldn't have lead to any charges.

I may not be a cop, but on this forum lots of people try to be something they're not

like I said, these are my views on this situation. ive already talked with a few people and they've had mixed remarks, some along with whats being said here, and some saying fuck him, do what your told from a cop or expect to be taken down. so yes, I honestly do think he was resisting. he was saying "what is this for? dude I just.." as he was saying "what is this for" he pulls his arm away and attempts to look behind him. the video doesn't show him complying before hand, so theres no proof except for his word vs. the cops words.

people will sue anyone if they can get the chance. some will stoop so low that they'll send a friend into a grocery store, drop and break a jar of pickles in the aisle, then have their friend walk in 30 seconds later, slip, fall, then sue the store. this guy has a video starting where hes being arrested, and shows the cop hitting him in the face. its a win win situation for him.

I agree with iceman, cyclists piss me off more than anyone, they tell us to share the road when they refuse to obey every law. cops should just set up camp dt and ticket every asshole who rides through a red light, on the sidewalk, or without a helmet. they'd hand out 10,000$ worth of fines in 1 day lol.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #30
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
Quote:

I agree with iceman, cyclists piss me off more than anyone, they tell us to share the road when they refuse to obey every law. cops should just set up camp dt and ticket every asshole who rides through a red light, on the sidewalk, or without a helmet. they'd hand out 10,000$ worth of fines in 1 day lol.
X2
Here's to the cyclist speeding along the Spanish Banks trail that nearly took me out today, and gives me the stink eye when I tell him to slow down.

I used to be pro cyclist but this militant shit turned me.

/rant
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #31
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:

If you punch me, I can charge you with assault. Get you arrested (by the police). You get a criminal record. Then we can go to court and the judge will give you your punishment.

Learn the process.
I thought you only get a criminal record if you are convicted in court for that crime. Not when you are in the process of getting arrested and charged?
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #32
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
What kills me are the fucktards who ride their bikes on the sidewalk and do so wrecklessly.

I was parked at Donald's Market on Hastings and this asshole is going down at a pretty fast rate. There's a lot of pedestrians on the sidewalk. He realizes he can't make it through and tries to squeeze in between the lampost and my truck. He smashes his handlebar into the side mirror. I get out and give him the what for, but he's too far gone for me to do anything. I wish I had a crossbow. I'd shoot the fokker right in the ass.

Not all cyclists are bad, but I hate the ones who expect you to stop for them when the sign indicates pedestrian crossing. Buddy, if your ass is on the seat and you're not going to walk your bike across, you ain't no pedestrian. /rant
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #33
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
That's ridiculous. People don't go to jail for throwing a bunch.
That's not the attitude that you get from any dumb fucking douche bag that gets involved in something he shouldn't be doing, and gets hit.

"oh fuck, that's assault" and pussies out to the police.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #34
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
I thought you only get a criminal record if you are convicted in court for that crime. Not when you are in the process of getting arrested and charged?
Exactly, you have to be CONVICTED e.g found guilty in the court of law to get a criminal record, you don't get a criminal record if you're arrested and charged with a offense, heard of the saying "innocent until proven guilty?" lol.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #35
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
Exactly, you have to be CONVICTED e.g found guilty in the court of law to get a criminal record, you don't get a criminal record if you're arrested and charged with a offense, heard of the saying "innocent until proven guilty?" lol.
This is true, except you can still have a warrent put out for your arrest based on the word of someone else, which means you still spend time in jail until you can go before a judge, EVEN if you are still found not guilty.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #36
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhari View Post
If I punched someone in the face and got charged. I would likely be fired. I would 100% not be allowed to attain my CGA designation. The same CONSEQUENCES would occur if I got a DUI. Remember that girl who flashed her tits at the Canucks game? She lost her job because of that. These are the CONSEQUENCES normal citizens face when doing stupid things. I guess police officers don't have face the same CONSEQUENCES....
Not saying I agree with the cop throwing a punch but you don't exactly have to deal with assholes day in and out.

There are a lot of cops with records, mainly for assault, etc. We going to fire them all? Im okay with department discipline and or the legal process.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #37
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
This is true, except you can still have a warrent put out for your arrest based on the word of someone else, which means you still spend time in jail until you can go before a judge, EVEN if you are still found not guilty.
Come on man are you serious? You are not going to jail based on someones word. If someone gets punched and the next day goes to the cops they will take a report but unless you are seriously injured there not going to do much.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #38
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
talked to a bunch of cops about this case a few months back

one of the officers told me that before the filming started, his friend allegedly taunted Bhabha repeatedly, saying things like "what are you gonna do? hit him?"

can't say this is true though; just a claim from the officer i talked to
Old 09-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #39
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Been held in jail doesn't get a criminal record.

Quote:
Come on man are you serious? You are not going to jail based on someones word. If someone gets punched and the next day goes to the cops they will take a report but unless you are seriously injured there not going to do much.
+1.

So much fail in this thread it's not even funny.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #40
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
Been held in jail doesn't get a criminal record.

+1.

So much fail in this thread it's not even funny.
I know it doesn't, I never said it did.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #41
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
How much would you care to bet on this?
Old 09-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #42
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
I may not be a cop, but on this forum lots of people try to be something they're not

like I said, these are my views on this situation. ive already talked with a few people and they've had mixed remarks, some along with whats being said here, and some saying fuck him, do what your told from a cop or expect to be taken down. so yes, I honestly do think he was resisting. he was saying "what is this for? dude I just.." as he was saying "what is this for" he pulls his arm away and attempts to look behind him. the video doesn't show him complying before hand, so theres no proof except for his word vs. the cops words.

people will sue anyone if they can get the chance. some will stoop so low that they'll send a friend into a grocery store, drop and break a jar of pickles in the aisle, then have their friend walk in 30 seconds later, slip, fall, then sue the store. this guy has a video starting where hes being arrested, and shows the cop hitting him in the face. its a win win situation for him.

Yes! And no one will because we're all pro bike as the cause celebre in fighting global warming turned climate change.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #43
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
If I punched someone in the face and got charged. I would likely be fired. I would 100% not be allowed to attain my CGA designation. The same CONSEQUENCES would occur if I got a DUI. Remember that girl who flashed her tits at the Canucks game? She lost her job because of that. These are the CONSEQUENCES normal citizens face when doing stupid things. I guess police officers don't have face the same CONSEQUENCES....
If you got fired for punching someone in the face then you must have been pretty shitty at your job. Throwing out big acronyms doesn't make your argument more valid BTW.
Posted via RS Mobile
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
K I'm going to report you to the police for punching me.
Posted via RS Mobile
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #45
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Agreed. I work in an office.
Yes he does risk his life at work but he also gets paid for it. Where does the line get drawn when someone who risks their life as a career steps out of line and ultimately has to leave the field due to their actions. It just seems like they get slaps on the wrists all the time and regular citizens have zero tolerance. I am very cynical when it comes to police and politics so I know I may have biased opinions. But I also know lots of people share my frustration.
Thing is, if you work in an office, there is no reason why you should be in a physical altercation with a client. Part of police work involves violence with clients. So when something like this happens, it doesn't mean immediate termination, it means an investigation to reveal what led up to it. As mentioned in many other posts regarding use of force, Police are allowed to use reasonable force necessary to apprehend an individual. Just because he has been charged doesn't mean he is guilty/convicted. It basically means there will be a likelihood of a trial where both sides can provide evidence regarding the matter.

Quote:

Learn the process.
People don't "charge" anyone. In BC, the Police forward Charges to Crown. Crown then approves or rejects Charges. You, yourself, have the process wrong.... not even close... this is how it goes

- charge gets rejected (goes no where)

- charge gets approved, first appearance court date where person charged pleads guilty or not guilty. If not guilty, it goes to trial which will be a future date. If guilty then the charged will be sentenced. Depending on what the judge decides, it could mean a criminal record, but not always.

Quote:
Real life experience VS whats written in a book. If the police locked up every person who threw a punch we would need to built a lot more jails.
Don't know why you got failed at all for this post, since it is the truth.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #46
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
I'll take this bet on behalf of Manic... Unless he wants in and make it double or nothing
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #47
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twdm View Post
If you got fired for punching someone in the face then you must have been pretty shitty at your job. Throwing out big acronyms doesn't make your argument more valid BTW.
Posted via RS Mobile
So much stupid in this post.

Unprofessional conduct is grounds for dismissal in many jobs. There is a police code of conduct that is expected to be followed on the job and off. It's important that citizens have confidence in government employee that serve in the community every day. The same can be said about private citizens that work in high profile jobs, so yes his CGA designation does make his argument more valid.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #48
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
nah, I've seen way worse police brutalities
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #49
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
never understood why people think it's a good idea to make sudden moves or pull your hands away from a police officer when he's trying to cuff you...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #50
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
never understood why people think it's a good idea to make sudden moves or pull your hands away from a police officer when he's trying to cuff you...
Uhh I have broken my left wrist and just recently both my hands mountain biking.

I do no have the same flexibility in my hands as some people and it is extremely painful to have my hand forced into positions it does not want to be in.

If I were being arrested and they did this to me I would probably try to move my hands into a different position as well. Its a matter of being caused pain, and the reflex to stop that pain from happening.

Like many others pointed out the guy wasnt trying to start running away, he was simply indicating that he was in pain.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: