REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Ski & Snowboard 2013/2014 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/688295-ski-snowboard-2013-2014-a.html)

Simplex123 09-16-2013 12:36 AM

Ski & Snowboard 2013/2014

Super excited about snowboarding season! First time season pass holder. Planning to go 20+ days if my school and work schedule works out.
I didn't get a chance to ride with you guys last season.. So let's plan more meets this year!

I got all my gear ready from last year, just might need some new boots and goggles. (My boa loosens up just half way down the mountain..) Are all boa's like that? Should I get one with a double boa system? Or do you guys recommend laces?

Anyone have a Cypress pass already?

ziggyx 09-16-2013 08:24 AM

you didn't keep the original thread titles we had going even though it was just two years, should be winter thirteen winter fourteen :troll:

but once again I can't wait for the season to start. I just picked up a new board for super cheap and I'm excited to use it. Last season I got in around 25+ days, this season I'm hoping to get in way more than that, since I just graduated and don't have to deal with hw and tests anymore. Although I'm not entirely sure which mountain I'll be on; it's either gonna be Seymour or Cypress.

Can't give any advice or help on the boots though. I'm pretty clueless in that area lol. If no one has any advice here, I'm sure if you ask on the snowboarding forums someone will definitely help you there.

XplicitLuder 09-20-2013 12:29 PM

Man I barely get in like 10 days. That's why I want a seasons pass so bad but I know it won't be worth it yet :( got a helmet and most of my stuff from last year. Thinking of new goggles tho.. Maybe ones that will allow me to wear my glasses at same time as I don't wanna get contacts since I hate poking myself lol
Posted via RS Mobile

tomatogunk 09-20-2013 12:46 PM

Can't wait for this season as well. Anyone have an old board but reliable they'd like to sell?

Can't wait to use the Ruroc helmet I bought at the end of last season. Also bought a silver season pass with Cypress. For those wanting to save, check Craigslist for group codes on season passes for Cypress. Saved me at least $120 with this group buy.

XplicitLuder 09-20-2013 03:25 PM

Wanted a ruroc so bad but I have a huge head. Prob need a XXL bahaha
Posted via RS Mobile

ziggyx 09-20-2013 07:30 PM

So that was the helmet I saw last season. Some chick was wearing it and I heard a little kid say it was super cool out loud haha and I gotta admit he was right. Had no idea it was 300+ bucks though.

wobuffet 09-20-2013 07:48 PM

you mean like this? i got mine last season. they have MANY discount codes every couple weeks / months. jumped on it when they had a 30% off last season.
the only thing i don't like about it is that the texture of the helmet is a bit rough, so I can't mount my gopro unless i sand down the area.
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...67973843_n.jpg

will068 09-20-2013 09:25 PM

For those who wanted the discounted Cypress Passes, this deal expires Oct 2:

[BC] Cypress Mountain Season Pass - BMW Promo - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

Greenstoner 09-23-2013 07:52 AM

best place to get a board deal locally ? aiming for last year inventory, went to west 4th yesterday and not much selection

Qasual 09-23-2013 08:17 AM

Working up in Cypress again, third year up. One day a week = free snowboarding any day.

ziggyx 09-23-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenstoner (Post 8325707)
best place to get a board deal locally ? aiming for last year inventory, went to west 4th yesterday and not much selection

These aren't really local but Ski, Snowboard, Wakeboard, Skateboard & the Freshest Clothes | evo has last years inventory on sale, and maybe you can find cheaper stuff if you go a year older. There's also the whistler turkey sale which happens in October around thanksgiving. I think it's the 11-14 according to some whistler event website.

Speaking of whistler, they just got some snow. :fullofwin:
Whistler Blackcomb - Web Cams - Whistler

sonick 09-23-2013 03:41 PM

WHO: ROSSIGNOL, SMITH OPTICS, LINE SKIS, FULL TILT BOOTS, SMARTWOOL

WHAT: SKIS, BOOTS, BINDINGS, GOGGLES, HELMETS, SUNGLASSES, MERINO WOOL BASELAYERS & SOCKS, HOODIES, HATS, AND MUCH MORE!

WHERE: Holiday Inn Express, Atrium Ballroom
2889 Hastings St. East
Vancouver, BC
(Hastings Street @ Renfrew -- 1/2 Block West of the PNE)
Free Parking

WHEN: Friday, October 4, 2PM – 9PM
Saturday, October 5, 10AM- 4PM

WHY: THE WINTER SEASON IS UPON US AND IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR GEAR IN ORDER. WE CAN OUTFIT YOU FROM HEAD TO TOE WITH THE BRANDS YOU LOVE! THIS IS ALSO A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO GET AN EARLY START ON HOLIDAY SHOPPING; YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL BE STOKED!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1421646888048347/

fishCak3s 09-24-2013 10:27 AM

I just booked a good 4 nights for the pirce of 3 deal for Sunpeaks, it's been advertised on their website. 5 days 4 nights accomodation at Delta Sunpeaks for the price of 3, the deal also includes 2 adult lift tickets for 4 days.

Checked the same deal on Delta's website and it's actuallyl cheaper so I booked it on Delta's website.

The total came to be around $670 (somewhere around there), so pretty much they're giving you the lift tickets for free. Will be driving up there, took Greyhound and shuttle last year and it was pretty expensive.

westopher 09-24-2013 04:33 PM

Got my seymour pass and a roofrack today for my M3. Looking for some new outerwear and maybe a board.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3741/9...1f9ba844_b.jpg

Simplex123 09-24-2013 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggyx (Post 8325768)
These aren't really local but Ski, Snowboard, Wakeboard, Skateboard & the Freshest Clothes | evo has last years inventory on sale, and maybe you can find cheaper stuff if you go a year older.]

If you're buying online I'd check DogFunk/The-House first because they don't tax you if you ship to Pt Roberts. If they don't have stock then EVO/backcountry/REI

And thanks sonick I'm gonna check out that sample sale for sure! The Burton/Anon one last week was so weak.. They had a bunch of used stuff for higher than online prices. Looking to get some new goggles. It would be sick if they had I/OX's but I doubt it :okay:

Pacific Boarder sale happening tomorrow
40% off 2013 gear

XplicitLuder 09-24-2013 04:56 PM

man was looking at roofrack for the lude on rackattack and things gonna be like 600$ lol any places you guys recommend? doesn't matter if online

westopher 09-24-2013 04:56 PM

I think I'll head there. I've always like pacific boarder. Nice people there, and way better end of season sales than boardroom.

Simplex123 09-24-2013 05:37 PM

I got my Yakima Q towers and crossbars used on craigslist for $150 over the summer. Gonna get the actual rack on amazon for like 130

westopher 09-24-2013 05:44 PM

I just paid 350 for this today. Finding one for an e36 couple is like searching for unicorn urine in a forest though.

TOS'd 09-24-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XplicitLuder (Post 8326727)
man was looking at roofrack for the lude on rackattack and things gonna be like 600$ lol any places you guys recommend? doesn't matter if online

definitely check cl for them. i sourced my oem bars and snowboard rack for approx. $250

edit: first year no pass for me. ill pick up a cypress gold medal card though.

Simplex123 09-24-2013 06:37 PM

What rack is that westopher? That's a pretty good deal if it included all of that
Posted via RS Mobile

ziggyx 09-24-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8326788)
edit: first year no pass for me. ill pick up a cypress gold medal card though.

why no pass this year?

I'm still thinking if I want a pass from seymour or cypress..

TOS'd 09-24-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggyx (Post 8326812)
why no pass this year?

I'm still thinking if I want a pass from seymour or cypress..

at bcit now full time school. honestly dont know how much time ill have. ive had a pass for the last like 4 years. and each passing year the amount of times ive gone kept going down and down. first two seasons were 25+ and last season was like 6 times. =/

ill still check out cypress every once in awhile. so hit me up whenever. also, quoc hook a brother up. :)

Pegacorn 09-25-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex123 (Post 8321054)
Are all boa's like that? Should I get one with a double boa system? Or do you guys recommend laces?

I'd say go laces. I know a few people who have had issues with the boa system breaking or getting loose. I use laces and love them, went with laces on the recommendation of someone who has been boarding for 10+ years.

heisenberg 09-25-2013 09:07 PM

anyone go to pacific boarder's sale today?