REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Workplace AED's

I am a certified level 2 FA at my workplace and I am looking at getting some AED's for work.

Does anyone have any recommendations for AED's?

During FA training, we used fake AED's, how much do they differ from the real ones?

Any insight would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Speak to the person that supplies your company with the medical supplies. They will be able to answer all the questions you have.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
AED's are suppose to be designed to be idiot proof. Philp's is a popular brand for AED's. Are you part of the company's OHS committee? I'm sure workplace BC will have some recommendations and suppliers that you can contact.

The timing on a real aed will be different than a training aed cause it will be detecting for the type rhythm.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #4

The main cost also, is replacing batteries. I would look for a brand that can offer replacements in the next 5-10 years
Old 09-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #5

Thanks guys.

While I am not officially part of the OHS committee, I am the only certified level 2 FA. A few others asked not to renew and everyone else that is certified is a level 1.
So the OHS committee asked me to look into the AED.

I remember my instructor mentioning Philips. Maybe I'll look into their AED's.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 09-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #6

Did you take your training at St John Ambulance? I would contact their office to see whether they offer AED's for sale in conjunction with classes. This can be a good opportunity for your Level 1 staff to take part in AED training

HeartStart FRx Trainer - Philips

this is the most common model for the workplace by Philips.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #7

I took my training at Care Institute.
I was just looking at the Philips site.

Thanks.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
RS.net Licensed Sponsor Dealer

Costco has AED's starting at $1300 a piece. AED's are idiot proof. The ones we will see in public will just have on/off button and shock. They will contain the AED pads (Adult, child and infant) and razors in case the person is hairy or you need to quickly remove their clothing. Margins within Canada are very high for medical supplies. If it's for your own company then shop around (even if it means shipping to point roberts/blaine and picking it up and declaring it fully at the border). If cost is no object then feel free to PM me
Autorice is offline   Reply With Quote