REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:45 AM   #26
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
then like, what i said in the first part of my post everyone seems to be ignoring... just kill yourself, no one's stopping you.

unless you're a quad, and you don't have the ability to. then that's different. everyone knows how to pull out tubes or jump off somewhere high. or simply poison yourself.

if you wanted it that bad, you'd find a way to kill yourself. it shouldn't be that hard if that's the thing you want most in life.

like phil rise said, there's no dignity in taking your own life, for any reason. the only people that want to die in dignity are the people that don't want to take responsibility for the end of their own life.

but by all means, go ahead, if you wanna die that badly, just kill yourself. no one will look down or care or even remember in a lifetimes time... and out of the infinite time ahead in the future... to hell with dignity, why are they so attached to some concept as if they think some part of them is going to continue to live on bearing on the responsibility of their death? ironic isnt it? they want to leave this world, yet they're scared of what will happen if they do take responsibility for their own life. yet somehow a doctor doing it is okay? the decision still comes from them doesn't it?

or like someone else said, what if i'm just an evil kid that wants my grandpa's money?

it's like, the word of law has some magical physical effect on them... they suddenly can't do it?

it's funny... people wanna kill themselves... yet... they.. just complain about the law... and not ... figuring out and deciding how to kill themselves "with dignity".
Advertisement

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 09-27-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:51 AM   #27
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
then like, what i said in the first part of my post everyone seems to be ignoring... just kill yourself, no one's stopping you.

unless you're a quad, and you don't have the ability to. then that's different. everyone knows how to pull out tubes or jump off somewhere high. or simply poison yourself.

if you wanted it that bad, you'd find a way to kill yourself. it shouldn't be that hard if that's the thing you want most in life.
Huh?

It is not that simple.

It's not black and white.

There are different circumstances and different scenarios.

Lets just say, like you mentioned, that people do have the ability to commit suicide.

The main point is to do it through a painless AND dignified way.

And, even then, it is tough for the body to actually implement the action.

The brain is saying "Yes, I want to do this" but it's tough to tell the body to do it.

That is why the article mentioned something about a lethal but painless cocktail of "medicine" that can do this, and do this LEGALLY.

This pertains to terminally patients that have the ability to do this.

There are many, many other patients that DO NOT have the ability to do this; therefore, they need assistance in committing suicide in a painless and legal and dignified way.

You can't just... kill yourself... just like that.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2013, 04:55 AM   #28
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
These people couldn't pick up a knife if they wanted to. Plus, like Marshall said, legally end your life. I guess equally important, given the choice to do so. Greedy grandson or spouse, or sibling not the ones to decide, btw.

Not the same thing, but related........do next of kin of people on life support have the green light to unplug the patient? Does someone other than the patient get to decide? You are born into this world without a choice....... in this case you also die without a choice.

Then there's the "Do Not Resuscitate" orders. Like others have said....... lots of grey areas. Also, the word dignity........... nuff said.......... we all have our opinions and thoughts. Dialog is always good, but this subject is too close to me right now.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #29
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Also life insurance may play a part as well, not sure if most policies cover suicides. Anyway, the following is a pretty good movie on the same mature topic, good acting by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Bardem, based on another real-life story:

The Sea Inside (2004) - IMDb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sea_Inside
observer is offline   Reply With Quote