REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:32 AM   #26
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
drow going to fucking drow
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2014, 12:48 AM   #27
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
gonna play the devil's advocate here, but if you were rightfully issued a ticket by impark (as in you actually didn't buy a ticket, or you went over the allotted time, etc etc), then you SHOULD pay it.

just because impark can't do anything except hound you doesn't mean its morally correct to not pay a fine when you did in fact deserve it.

i'm saying this cause i get the feeling that some people in here feel like tickets from impark are not to be feared since they don't come from the city, they just don't pay any of the tickets whether or not they were deserved.

can you not pay it? yes. is it morally correct and do you care? that's up to you

just my 2 cents. obviously this doesn't apply to OP though
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #28
I am Hook'd on RS

I just called impark and got the ticket cancelled.
I apparently punched stall number wrong in my haste. Got it cancelled immediately b/c it happens all the time. Gonna take photo of stall number number next time.
Good service over the phone.
Hamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:42 AM   #29
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I believe the reason why it doesn't affect your credit is because they have no proof as to who was driving the car at the time. All they can do is try to force the registered owner to pay any outstanding fines.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2014, 09:18 AM   #30
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
gonna play the devil's advocate here, but if you were rightfully issued a ticket by impark (as in you actually didn't buy a ticket, or you went over the allotted time, etc etc), then you SHOULD pay it.

just because impark can't do anything except hound you doesn't mean its morally correct to not pay a fine when you did in fact deserve it.

i'm saying this cause i get the feeling that some people in here feel like tickets from impark are not to be feared since they don't come from the city, they just don't pay any of the tickets whether or not they were deserved.

can you not pay it? yes. is it morally correct and do you care? that's up to you

just my 2 cents. obviously this doesn't apply to OP though
On the flip side, is it morally right for Impark to charge me $75 for being in their lot for 1 minute, or for being in a spot 2 minutes early (they seemed to have no problem letting me pay for the spot 2 minutes early though...)?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #31
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
On the flip side, is it morally right for Impark to charge me $75 for being in their lot for 1 minute, or for being in a spot 2 minutes early (they seemed to have no problem letting me pay for the spot 2 minutes early though...)?
But is their lot, they can do what they feel like it. Don't want to pay? Look around for free parking then.........
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:52 AM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
I just called impark and got the ticket cancelled.
I apparently punched stall number wrong in my haste. Got it cancelled immediately b/c it happens all the time. Gonna take photo of stall number number next time.
Good service over the phone.
Can you share what number you phoned?

I can only find their stupid online service for disputing.

I parked in the morning and paid for my stall till 6AM the next morning, when I left for lunch and came back my stall was taken by another car. So I parked right next to it, and put my receipt for that morning on my dash.

Came back to a 75 dollar ticket. What they expect me to pay for another stall? Fuck them.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
But is their lot, they can do what they feel like it. Don't want to pay? Look around for free parking then.........
Even when I did pay they gave me a ticket. I paid at 9:28, the stall required a pass before 9:30. If I can't park there til 9:30 on the dot don't take my money before 9:30 on the dot.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 06-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #34
I don't get it

I have a nice collection of parking tickets from "private" parking companies they sent me to collections but my credit has not been affected
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #35
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post

Private parking lot tickets have nothing to do with your credit.

The only parking tickets that you need to worry about are the city issued ones.
ive never said it affects your credit

im just saying it shows up on your credit report if it gets sent to collections

i work for a bank and i do loans and what not

when i was still learning how to do loans i actually asked my instructor whether or not parking tickets affect your credit

my instructor told me they do show up on your credit report, and she has seen it show up on ppl's credit report

edit :

i just googled it myself and it supports what i said earlier

http://business.financialpost.com/20...-to-haunt-you/

Quote:
“We’ve seen this on a number of clients’ credit bureau,” says Chantel Chapman, a mortgage broker in Vancouver with Integre Mortgage Partners. “Our clients have had strong enough credit that the collection did not lower their score to not make them qualify from an A lender.”
if your credit score is strong already, parking tickets won't really hurt your score... but if yours isn't spot clean, it will contribute to you not getting approved for the loan you want

sry Ch28 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Drow; 06-12-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #36
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Can you share what number you phoned?

I can only find their stupid online service for disputing.

I parked in the morning and paid for my stall till 6AM the next morning, when I left for lunch and came back my stall was taken by another car. So I parked right next to it, and put my receipt for that morning on my dash.

Came back to a 75 dollar ticket. What they expect me to pay for another stall? Fuck them.
i called 604-909-3933. Press the buttons to talk to a rep.
Hamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #37
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
i called 604-909-3933. Press the buttons to talk to a rep.
Thanks, but they finally responded to my dispute and cancelled the ticket.

For anyone that doesn't know when the patroller gives you a ticket, they take a picture of your dash for the file.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:49 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
ive never said it affects your credit

im just saying it shows up on your credit report if it gets sent to collections

i work for a bank and i do loans and what not

when i was still learning how to do loans i actually asked my instructor whether or not parking tickets affect your credit

my instructor told me they do show up on your credit report, and she has seen it show up on ppl's credit report

edit :

i just googled it myself and it supports what i said earlier

An unpaid parking ticket can come back to haunt you | Financial Post

if your credit score is strong already, parking tickets won't really hurt your score... but if yours isn't spot clean, it will contribute to you not getting approved for the loan you want

sry Ch28 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I do believe CITY tickets can, but PRIVATE tickets cannot.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-13-2014, 08:39 AM   #39
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
sauce?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #40

I believe it was in the older and much larger impark thread. I know that private tickets can't because they can't prove who was driving the car.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #41
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
I believe it was in the older and much larger impark thread. I know that private tickets can't because they can't prove who was driving the car.
So the city has access to ICBC info?

Edit: Actually pointing out the obvious: there is no way for someone writing a parking ticket to prove who was driving the car (assuming the car is parked & empty).
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi

Last edited by Gumby; 06-13-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #42

I don't know what the city has access to but the private companies can get your basic registration info from ICBC.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #43
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I'm not sure for private companies but I know for a fact that city issued tickets can. We were applying for a visa card and our credit history record was clean except for a single city issued parking ticket. We were told that we had to get rid of that so all we had to do was pay the ticket and told them to note it on the credit history that it was paid. We had no issues after that
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #44

Quote:
you can believe in whateva you want bro

ive already asked a professional instructor in my line of work

and ive already linked to a reputable source

but you have every right to stick to your beliefs, and stand by that thread on revscene

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 06-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #45

Quote:
you can believe in whateva you want bro

ive already asked a professional instructor in my line of work

and ive already linked to a reputable source

but you have every right to stick to your beliefs, and stand by that thread on revscene

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you read that article you posted it refers to city tickets (although not terribly clearly), not private tickets. While they are both parking tickets they work completely differently.

And I'll take multiple knowledgeable people on RS over a single instructor any day.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #46

ive reread the article and you are right, they never did specify private parking companies

ive just recently started doing loans for clients... i`ll report back to this thread if i ever see a private parking company documented on customer`s credit report

i do warn to be careful tho... ive specificly asked my instructor ìf private parking ticket collections can go on the credit report as i knew it was a question which was frequently asked on revscene, and she confidently answered yes it can, and that she has seen it on client`s credit report

edit : impark on credit bureau detected

Last edited by Drow; 06-13-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #47

Quote:
ive just recently started doing loans for clients... i`ll report back to this thread if i ever see a private parking company documented on customer`s credit report
Thanks for keeping an eye out, I know that the parking companies sell the outstanding tickets to collections agencies so it might be under a collection agencies name not impark, but I have absolutely no clue what you see on a credit report so that may be irrelevant.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-13-2014, 12:04 PM   #48
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
I've been good with impark...if I didn't pay, call to dispute and instant deduction and if it IS a miss-ticket they'll cancel it. However....with this other parking company "advanced parking" one of the guys handed me a ticket RIGHT as I payed yeah go ticket me on my way to pay for the lot. Handed him my stub, said he'll take care of it...thought he did and a mail-in ticket came in after 2 weeks. Now have no proof of purchase... And collections is after me..

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:02 PM   #49
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

My broker told me I had excellent credit. I also got approved for my mortgage just fine.

Drow, is your instructor only seeing it on some people's credit reports because the parking company actually took those people to Court, won a judgement, and then those people still refused to pay?

(The cost to file in small claims alone would make most tickets not worth it to pursue and it would seem logical that only if you lose in Court would a credit agency be willing to accept it. It's probably the case that the parking companies exploit this misunderstanding to encourage people to pay up).

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 06-13-2014 at 11:36 PM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #50
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
befriend the lot boys.

thats the safeset way boys.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote