REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Twerk Prank Vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/688695-twerk-prank-vancouver.html)

Vulture 09-28-2013 05:41 PM

Twerk Prank Vancouver

dinosaur 09-28-2013 05:44 PM

Dude....STAHP!!!

XplicitLuder 09-28-2013 05:56 PM

No one caressssssssssss
Posted via RS Mobile

BrRsn 09-28-2013 06:42 PM

i clicked this thinking it was some yogi ho ... this is terrible

Graeme S 09-28-2013 06:58 PM

All I needed to see to not-click was to see the name 'chengman'.

Akinari 09-28-2013 07:00 PM

OP delivers.

twitchyzero 09-28-2013 07:02 PM

you guys are too harsh :moderated:

dinosaur 09-28-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8329211)
you guys are too harsh :moderated:

I'm all for funny vids/gags like this....the problem is...its not funny. Its 2 dudes...walking down the street and shaking their ass. There isn't even any music. Its just....weird.

Silently...standing on their hands....shaking their butt...in front of people...most didn't even know what "twerking" was.

rsx 09-28-2013 07:12 PM

This guy sucks in general. He can't write, deliver or perform anything remotely funny. He just compensates it all by being a loud twat.

slingblade 09-28-2013 07:49 PM

Wait...the premise of this prank is that 2 guys go around town asking for "Twerk _______", while knowing no one will have it. So they start twerking. I'm guessing that the editing and boisterous personality really sold this video for you....

...or you are 4 years old

$_$ 09-28-2013 07:54 PM

Man that was cringe as fuck to watch.

Lomac 09-28-2013 11:02 PM

Clicked on thread, didn't click play on video.

Still don't know wtf twerking is.

:victory:

Proud to say that this is yet another fad I've managed to avoid completely without learning what it is.

pinn3r 09-28-2013 11:07 PM

why do people still think his content's funny?

AzNightmare 09-29-2013 01:28 AM

hahaha, he's not that bad. This prank sucked, probably his worst one,
but then again, I had no idea wtf "twerking" until I saw this video.

He toned down a bit and removed a lot of his older "Boss Nguyen" and "Heatscore" videos.
He mainly does Vlogs now which are boring. But his other pranks weren't bad.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6B19C71D337CFA4
I think some of his friends from his videos show up at RS meets too

PiuYi 09-29-2013 02:23 AM

Chengman is a disgrace to Vancouver.... pls stop.

...and Peter Chow or whatever, that guy's an embarrassment too

slingblade 09-29-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8329376)
hahaha, he's not that bad. This prank sucked, probably his worst one,
but then again, I had no idea wtf "twerking" until I saw this video.

He toned down a bit and removed a lot of his older "Boss Nguyen" and "Heatscore" videos.
He mainly does Vlogs now which are boring. But his other pranks weren't bad.

CHENGMAN PRANKS - YouTube

I think some of his friends from his videos show up at RS meets too

I personally don't "get" this type of stuff. He does seem to get a few laughs in this video though, so I do respect that he's adding meaningful value into the lives of others. But again...if one were to evaluate the joke by its premise (guy strips down in public... guy starts dancing) I'm guessing it won't seem as funny as the guy is trying to be.

Look man, I can't hate on a guy for sparking a few laughs.. But I know for sure that if I'm at a place having a coffee minding my own business, and some dude wearing a speedo comes in partyboying me while his friend films it..... I'll be pretty upset.

1exotic 09-29-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8329323)
Clicked on thread, didn't click play on video.

Still don't know wtf twerking is.

:victory:

Proud to say that this is yet another fad I've managed to avoid completely without learning what it is.

holyshit 09-29-2013 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slingblade (Post 8329396)
I personally don't "get" this type of stuff. He does seem to get a few laughs in this video though, so I do respect that he's adding meaningful value into the lives of others. But again...if one were to evaluate the joke by its premise (guy strips down in public... guy starts dancing) I'm guessing it won't seem as funny as the guy is trying to be.

Look man, I can't hate on a guy for sparking a few laughs.. But I know for sure that if I'm at a place having a coffee minding my own business, and some dude wearing a speedo comes in partyboying me while his friend films it..... I'll be pretty upset.

He's not just doing it for a few laughs though. Before he got more popular he was trying to get views by advertising his crappy videos on a bunch of forums, hoping to be the next NigaHiga, Kevjumba and such. He's just doing it for the popularity and money.

I've seen some of his videos and he likes to feature these T-shirt grabs where his tween subscribers race and fight for one of his shitty "Chengman" T-shirts, hidden in hard to reach locations, while he films and laughs at them from a distance. :seriously:

I can't hate on him for making money but some of the things that he does really rubs me the wrong way.

LiquidTurbo 09-29-2013 06:50 AM

I hope he gets arrested soon or something. That squirtle video where he ran in and shoot some old man with a watergun.. WTF?

Anyone should be allowed to make videos, but it shouldn't be at the public's expense.

MG1 09-29-2013 07:03 AM

Wow, old man here knew about twerking before most RS members.......... now that's freakin' scary.

OP has more fails than posts. Well on way to making the coveted RS all time most failed list.

StylinRed 09-29-2013 07:30 AM

he's asking to be knocked out imo

MG1 09-29-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 8329415)
I hope he gets arrested soon or something. That squirtle video where he ran in and shoot some old man with a watergun.. WTF?

Anyone should be allowed to make videos, but it shouldn't be at the public's expense.

THIS.

I dare him to do that stunt in an elementary school parking lot. See how well that goes over.

How is he going to explain himself to his kids, grandkids, etc.? Hey, my dad's "Chengman!" "Wow, I wish he were my dad!" LOL. "Ching Mei, look, it's your number one son." "He famous now.......not doctor, though. LOLOLOLOL"

Dude is being selfish. Instead of embarrassing himself and others, he should be spending his time doing something more productive. If dude thinks he's creative (not), he should be using it in a more positive way.

Anyway, it's par for the course....... our world is the way it is thanks to technology (Youtube, twitter, facebook, cell phones with cameras, etc.). It brings out the best and worst in everybody. Every class has its clown. Now the world gets to see it all.

Attention whore getting attention.......... nuff said.

AzNightmare 09-29-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 8329415)

He has a bunch of videos where he's just telling his life stories and he talks about how he almost got busted by the cops. I don't remember the full story, but something to do with not having a cell phone, was expecting to get picked up, but he couldn't leave his hiding spot cause he was scared the police were circling the block, and he was stuck in the squirtle suit. And he ended up waiting about 4 hours until his friend came.
Posted via RS Mobile

twitchyzero 09-29-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8329423)

Quote:

Originally Posted by holyshit (Post 8329403)
Before he got more popular he was trying to get views by advertising his crappy videos on a bunch of forums, hoping to be the next NigaHiga, Kevjumba and such. He's just doing it for the popularity and money.

You can say the same about any youtube personality/vloggers. If you feel his pranks/videos are lame sure, but to comment on the given/obvious seems moot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slingblade (Post 8329396)
I know for sure that if I'm at a place having a coffee minding my own business, and some dude wearing a speedo comes in partyboying me while his friend films it..... I'll be pretty upset.

isn't that how pranks off the streets usually work? they disturbed you for like 20 seconds of your time and if you dont want to be in the video i'm sure you can ask to be edited out or have faced blurred out. y so srs

Vulture 09-29-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8329423)
THIS.

I dare him to do that stunt in an elementary school parking lot. See how well that goes over.

How is he going to explain himself to his kids, grandkids, etc.? Hey, my dad's "Chengman!" "Wow, I wish he were my dad!" LOL. "Ching Mei, look, it's your number one son." "He famous now.......not doctor, though. LOLOLOLOL"

Dude is being selfish. Instead of embarrassing himself and others, he should be spending his time doing something more productive. If dude thinks he's creative (not), he should be using it in a more positive way.

Anyway, it's par for the course....... our world is the way it is thanks to technology (Youtube, twitter, facebook, cell phones with cameras, etc.). It brings out the best and worst in everybody. Every class has its clown. Now the world gets to see it all.

For the few times ive been on stage, ive been terribly nervous. i've never gotten over stage fright. so i respect chengman and every youtube personality for having qualities i don't have. much like i respect everyone i meet for having different qualities.

My father was never a doctor nor did he possess any prestigious titles. he was a cook who worked two jobs to provide for us. For that, I don't think a person's profession is always an accurate depiction of his character. Nor can you judge a person sorely by his actions without understanding his true motive. And when you start making assumption on someone's motives, you're more likely expressing a reflection of yourself instead.