REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 12-16-2014, 01:48 AM   #126
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I was at NCIX (the one on Pine and W.Broadway) today, and it had a bunch of headphones out on display to try.

I was interested in the Sennheiser Momentum, but I tested out the other headphones as well just because they were there. I wasn't too impressed by the few Audio-Technica or Beyerdynamic headphones I tried out. There were all (I assume) good headphones in the $200-$300+ range, but they had absolutely no bass imo.

These brands have been recommended from audio forums and from people I know, so I'm not sure if maybe I'm just too much of a "bass-head" for them, or if they were faulty ones at the store, or are they meant to be used with an amp or something?
To get the fuller sound on bigger headphones you need some sort of an amp imo -- my m50's sound pretty meh un-amped, but once you amp them they sound a lot livelier

also, scored a set of ATH-AD900's for secret santa
Advertisement
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #127
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I was at NCIX (the one on Pine and W.Broadway) today, and it had a bunch of headphones out on display to try.

I was interested in the Sennheiser Momentum, but I tested out the other headphones as well just because they were there. I wasn't too impressed by the few Audio-Technica or Beyerdynamic headphones I tried out. There were all (I assume) good headphones in the $200-$300+ range, but they had absolutely no bass imo.

These brands have been recommended from audio forums and from people I know, so I'm not sure if maybe I'm just too much of a "bass-head" for them, or if they were faulty ones at the store, or are they meant to be used with an amp or something?
Maybe you were Beats before? I have a pair of Klipsch and they sound pretty decent for the price range. Not a not of base but the audio sounds so much better than the beats I had. It just sound more clean I guess.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #128
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Maybe you were Beats before? I have a pair of Klipsch and they sound pretty decent for the price range. Not a not of base but the audio sounds so much better than the beats I had. It just sound more clean I guess.
I never owned Beats, but from my limited testing of them, I'm happy with their performance, but they cost way too much when there are cheaper alternatives. Sennheisers seem to offer a good balance. The only Klipsch I've tried is the Reference One, which had very good bass for EDM, but it was also a bit too muffled for pop songs.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #129
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Anyone here got a Magni and Modi stack? Looking to get one. What are your thought on it?
Old 12-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #130
I STILL don't get it

Heads up to those looking for a pair of inexpensive BT buds.

The meelectronics AF72 are more than half off again @C$46.xx.

Good for those who want a wireless solution when they have their device close by (in bag, purse, strapped on arm etc.). Not good for streaming from your PC on the 3rd floor and working in your garage etc.... (has ~2m+ indoor range)

SQ is not bad for the $$, I would say slightly below the SQ of the Klipsch si4. Not good if you use the smallest eartip with most earphone (driver is in the stem where you mount the eartip so its a little big).

Otherwise a cheap, decent sq pair to use as a beater when you work on your car, garden, etc etc. (Tested no sound lag when playing YT or Movies/dramas on VLC)

http://www.amazon.ca/MEElectronics-E...nics+bluetooth

Last edited by VK79; 12-23-2014 at 12:42 AM.
VK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2014, 12:24 AM   #131
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts

Ordered the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear at NCIX a few days ago for only $100.
Very impressive sound, but I'm extremely choked on how much sound they leak.

Because the thing is, I already own the HD555, so it's debatable if the Momentum is even better or not.
The main reason I was looking for new headphones was for the portability, but I have no idea how these are advertised as portable if they're going to leak enough to disturb any one sitting 3 feet from you. Sure, if you keep the volume under 50% and listen to acoustic music, it should be alright. Except these are bass heavy headphones, with the target audience of EDM, R&B, Rap, etc. So you can sure bet people are going to be cranking these up to 75%~ volume.

Still love the eye-candy design of these, and the alcantara. But I'm just disappointed beyond words at how these leak so much when there are so many other on-ears that don't leak.

Such a bummer as it was my Christmas gift to myself and I was so stoked upon picking them up today and opening it.

Anyone have experience with the Klipsch Image ONE? Are they decent with holding in sound? I'm leaning toward those right now, only because I've personally tested the Reference ONE, and they are pretty identical, and the Reference ONE doesn't leak at all.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 12-29-2014 at 12:57 AM.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #132
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Got the RHA MA750, they sound great but they lack a little bass compared to the se215s. Built quality is excellent! $119 at the headphonebar, get them before they increase their prices next week!

Last edited by Recon604; 01-31-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:54 PM   #133
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

looking to get either a set of earphones or headphone.....never had headphones but i'm open to going that route

looking at like $150 max range

will be used for travel, so yes i know earphones would be the smarter choice but they always see to hurt after a while so that's why i'm open to headphones

recommendations???
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #134

i was at walmart getting some shit today and tried on the JBL E40BT and was pretty happy with the sound/bass (i think they're like $120) just to give an idea of what i'm looking for
Old 07-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #135
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
looking to get either a set of earphones or headphone.....never had headphones but i'm open to going that route

will be used for travel, so yes i know earphones would be the smarter choice but they always see to hurt after a while so that's why i'm open to headphones

recommendations???
Audio Technica ATH-M50x. in that price range there isn't a better set of headphones. they even fold up and have a cord that disconnects and can be stashed in the pouch they come in for travel.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:43 PM   #136

i'm seeing those on amazon.ca for $200

where can i get them locally in my price range??

where is a good place to go check out headphones??
Old 07-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #137
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

You'll have to wait for major sales like Black Friday, to get them at around 150CAD range. You could also check out Amazon.com as they sometimes have them on sale for approx. 120USD. Headphonebar on Broadway, near MEC, has a huge section of popular headphones on display for you to try out.
jcmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:18 PM   #138
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:

recommendations???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
Audio Technica ATH-M50x. in that price range there isn't a better set of headphones. they even fold up and have a cord that disconnects and can be stashed in the pouch they come in for travel.
Quote:
i'm seeing those on amazon.ca for $200

where can i get them locally in my price range??

where is a good place to go check out headphones??
Not local, but just a step across the border. I would hurry and jump at this price if you're set on this headphone.
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Monitor Headphones, Black ATH-M50X
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:05 PM   #139

damn that's a good price...i leave on monday the 13th but they could make it to my friend in time in tacoma i think...

what about the M30X???

or earphones...i don't want to completely rule them out....

i'll check out the headphone bar
Old 07-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #140

just saw the jaybird bluebuds X which look awesome but still want to stay with a corded pair so there's no worries of the batteries dying

dropping way down in price now looking at the klipsh s4i (cheap at best buy) or their replacement the s6i if i can find them local
Old 07-06-2015, 06:54 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post
Not local, but just a step across the border. I would hurry and jump at this price if you're set on this headphone.
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Monitor Headphones, Black ATH-M50X
was about to order and they jacked it back up to $169
Old 07-08-2015, 06:53 AM   #142
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

They're worth the price - especially if you use an amp and change the ear pads from pleather to velour.

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:15 AM   #143

i've got a line on a used set for $150 or a set of shure SE215's for less than $80

both state they are "only used a few times"

as much as i really want the m50X, i just think it'll be a much smarter choice to go with the se215's. my wife's got a pair so i now what they sound like and it'll be alot better for travel
Old 07-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #144
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

You might as well get se215's on Massdrop, one of those group purchasing websites, for $80USD instead. Idk about you, but I feel that used headphones are kinda gross and unhygienic.
jcmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:52 AM   #145

i'm gettting the m50x's for $130. picking them up in 30 mins

in ear headphones i agree....over ear i'm not so worried about
Old 07-17-2015, 12:21 PM   #146
I am Hook'd on RS

Anyone have issues with their M50's being uncomfortable? I've had mine for over a year now and I still cannot wear them that long without my ears and the around my ears hurting.
thebrownboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #147

^ There are velour pad options out there for the M50. Highly recommended. I tried my friend's M50 and never liked it until he purchased Velour pads.

Ebay would be your best bet.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:46 PM   #148

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownboy View Post
Anyone have issues with their M50's being uncomfortable? I've had mine for over a year now and I still cannot wear them that long without my ears and the around my ears hurting.
M50's are the most comfortable headphones I've ever purchased

You're probably listening to music too loud/for long periods of time lol
Old 08-06-2015, 01:15 PM   #149

ya i'm loving these things (m50x)

meh when used with my phone (music in the buses while travelling, not very loud)

but used with my computer they sound WAY better

it's amazing how you can now really tell a shitty quality song (older) with higher quality (newer) songs
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #150

Anyone able to recommend me a good pair of ear buds?
Looking for ones that'll stay in the ear while on the move.
Good bass is a must.
Doesn't need to be wireless/BT.
Doesn't need a mic for calls.
Just good crisp quality with good bass that'll stay in the ear.

Suggestions?
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote