REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 10-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #26
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,578 Times in 4,295 Posts
they tried to do that today but just didnt really work
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #27
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
In the early days, The Simpsons had some very creative writers, infusing subtle, clever jokes into the series. Hints of political satire, metaphors and allegory took light jabs without making it totally obvious to the viewer.

Now? It's all a cheap joke. If I wanted some of that, I'd go to the VLS Relationships and Gender forum.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chin3se604 View Post
Marcia Wallace, star on Newhart show and 'The Simpsons,' dies - CNN.com

I guess we know now who they are going to kill off.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #29
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
no wai

why does flanders always get screwed
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #30
VLS Head Mod

Surprised no ones posted yet that Marcia Wallace/ Edna crabapple passed away recently
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #31
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
Marcia Wallace, star on Newhart show and 'The Simpsons,' dies - CNN.com

I guess we know now who they are going to kill off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
Surprised no ones posted yet that Marcia Wallace/ Edna crabapple passed away recently
Posted via RS Mobile
Oh i thought they were confirming which character passed away not the actress that voiced her
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #32
VLS Head Mod

Wow reading fail on my part. That was right in front of my face and I failed to see it lmao
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2015, 08:21 AM   #33
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Time to take this dog out back and put it down:
The Simpsons loses the voice of Ned Flanders, Mr. Burns, and Principal Skinner as Harry Shearer quits | The Verge

Quote:
Harry Shearer, the voice of Ned Flanders, Mr. Burns, Principal Skinner, Otto, Smithers, and many more on The Simpsons, has apparently left the show. Shearer used Twitter to indicate that he wouldn't be returning in upcoming seasons of the long, long-running cartoon, suggesting that his desire to work on other projects was the reason for the decision. The actor quoted Simpsons writer and producer James L. Brooks' lawyer, who reportedly said that while the "show will go on, Harry will not be part of it."

Seasons 27 and 28 of The Simpsons are due to enter production soon, but earlier this week, it was reported that Shearer was delaying the process by holding out on signing his contract. It's not yet clear exactly why the show has parted ways with the actor — while Shearer says he wanted "the freedom to do other work," Simpsons voices have always appeared in other shows, movies, and projects. TMZ claims the move may have something to do with merchandising payments, but one thing's for sure: with his departure The Simpsons loses the voice behind some of its biggest, best, and most memorable characters. After a 26-year run, and stripped of one of its greatest voices, maybe it's time to put the poor thing down.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:16 AM   #34
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
No problem. They've had a contingency plan in place for 15 years!

[VINE]eKv3UELP9ug[/VINE]

I find it weird though... I've seen YouTube videos of people doing well known voices and some of them are like dead spot-on... I would think there would be at least one person out there that can do Mr Burns, Ned Flanders, and Smithers close enough to not be glaringly different from Shearer...
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: