REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #301
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
andrei arlovski had a pretty mean beard and he got ktfo like 4 times in a row or something lol and brock was rocking the beard when he fought cain. the beard thing is just a myth
You can also add Kimbo "InTheVIP Doorman" Slice to that list as well.
Advertisement
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #302
Rs has made me the man i am today!

The main card made me feel bad after watching it.
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #303
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #304
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Watching Dana go off about GSP and can't help but feel sorry for Georges or any big draw in the UFC for that matter...

You've got to watch every little thing you say. I sure wouldn't want to be on his bad side if Dana were my boss.

neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post
Watching Dana go off about GSP and can't help but feel sorry for Georges or any big draw in the UFC for that matter...

You've got to watch every little thing you say. I sure wouldn't want to be on his bad side if Dana were my boss.

I feel bad for GSP, but I feel bad for the judges too. Nothing about the decision was their fault, yet Dana is calling for the governor to step in and get rid of them, because they are "ruining this sport"

In the meantime, Dana is hiring a lot of these very same judges when they go to a spot with no commission, even though he doesn't have to
Old 11-18-2013, 12:36 AM   #306
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #307
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
So after the emotions have settled abit, more people are coming out and saying the decision was probably accurate

Rounds 2 and 4 were clearly Hendricks.
Rounds 3 and 5 were marginally GSP.
Round 1 could have gone either way. GSP had more take downs, and the sub attempt. Hendricks more striking. But more than a few people are saying they are leaning towards a GSP round.

The issue I think is the rounds that Hendricks won, he clearly won, where the rounds that GSP won, he was just a little better. Hendricks could have secured the win if he didn't let off the gas going into the 5th but I think he thought he had it in the bag and just cruised thru the round trying not to lose.

Im going to re watch the fight again tonite, but as per the rules of the 10 point scoring system the fight may actually be a win for GSP after all.

I really feel bad for GSP tho. Hes taking alot of heat for the bad decision (not his fault) and for wanting to step aside for abit (his fault, but can you blame him? Anderson said the same thing). The guy has been an incredible money maker, very much a company man, for 8 years including a near career ending knee injury. He has the most in ring fight time of any fighter in UFC history (high milage), has been the champion for fucking ever, and has so many high level sponsors and all the UFC promoting and everything. Its fairly well known he has some head issues, and I think they are probably catching up to him. The guy needs some time off, away from the spot light. Everyone does.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #308

It's all about how scoring is done now. The way the rules work, GSP won. If they were still scoring like they did in old school UFC or Pride, Hendricks would have won.

Here's an excellent writeup by someone who has been around UFC since day 1, and has judged for them under different scoring systems too.

It's long but if you are into MMA you should read it IMO
Old 11-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #309
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I fully agree and here lies the problem with the point system. Hendricks won his rounds decisively no question doninating them. GSP won his barely but enough that it's a win. It's still a win under the current system. Round 1 goes to GSP so GSP wins.

Berz out.

PS. GSP is apparently expecting an unplanned baby.
Posted via RS Mobile
Berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #310

The two main rumors are the baby and his dad dying... It better be the former because Dana saying "it's not that bad" is going to be a major issue if it's the latter.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #311

TRT flowing strong in Rich Franklin

Old 11-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #312
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
so GSP knocked some sloot up...

dun goof'd...

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #313

he only did it so people would stop thinking hes a homo

nohomo
Old 11-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #314

stole this from sherdog. guy broke down in a play by play minute by minute everything that happened in the round.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementrules View Post

Touch gloves.

1st minute

Leg kick gsp
Jab gsp
Kick gsp – sets up aggression
Hendricks wild right hook, gsp ducks and lands a takedown
Hendricks moves to get out
Guillotine attempt
GSP goes for a second one as Hendricks gets back to feet.
GSP lands a knee

Clinch – Hendricks moving back
Gsp punches to the body
Hendricks knees to the leg
Gsp knee
GSP knee
Lovetap from gsp to the body
Hendricks reverses the clinch as they move to the cage
Gsp counters, hendrick follows up gaining position on the clinch on the cage
Stalemate
Gsp comes around and out, both fighters moving back to the center still in clinch
Hendricks throws a lovetap to the body
GSP throws a knee to the body
Hendricks throws a knee to gsps leg

1st minute winner : has to be gsp for the takedown and the sub attempt.

2nd minute

Knee from Hendricks to the leg
Gsp: knee to the side
Hendricks knee to the leg
Clinch is broken up by Yamasaki – fair break.

Striking

Hendricks feigns a hook, and throws an upper cut as gsp lunges for a takedown
Hard to tell if he gets any purchase. Gsp seems to drop, but hes dropping for a takedown anyways.
Gsp gets one leg, and that’s it.
Gsp throws an upper cut to Hendricks who replies.
Hendricks throws again and rogan yells hard shot by Hendricks
Gsp replies halfheartedly concentrating on the takedown.

Anther upper cut by hendrick, but delivered very close and while on one leg. Its hard to share rogans enthusiasm as it’s a defensive looking position.
GSP pushes one legged Hendricks against the cage.
Stalemate
Gsp is throwing short blows at Hendricks, again with very little purchase.
Gsp drops down for the takedown against the fence
Hendricks drops an elbow, then another and anther. Rogan orgasms.
Hendricks throws another 2. gsp continues to work on the takedown.
Gsp gives up on the takedown and throws a knee.

2nd minute winner – debatable. Hendricks did well to throw some defensive shots, but gsp was obviously the aggressor and rogans sex moans aside, it’s a debate who won that minute. GSP definitely was the aggressor, and had Hendricks on one leg for most of the round. Hendricks threw some defensive shots with very little visible effect.

3rd minute

Hendricks reverses clinch, pushing gsp into the cage.
Hendricks thows a knee to gsp as rogan screams “he cant take to many of those” referring to the short elbows from 10 seconds ago.
Hendricsk throws an upper cut to the stomach and then a knee to the leg
Gsp walks around and out toward the center still in clinch.
Hendricks pushes gsp back into the cage.
Hendricks is now working on a takedown.
Gsp goes for a kimura , shifting balance and gets taken down.

Rogan talks about swelling on gsp, supposedly from the elbows.
Meanwhile nothings happening on the takedown, Hendricks moves up on his knees and throws a left, but its trapped by gsp who works his way up again.
Both fighters up, Hendricks immediately drops levels looking for that takedown
Gsp blocks this with under hooks.
Knee from Hendricks
Knee from gsp.
And out into striking.
Gsp throws a kick.

3rd minute winner – Hendricks.

4th minute

Hendricks throws a knee as gsp goes in for a takedown
Rogan climaxes again,
Gsp moves back into striking,
Gsp throws a kick that has Hendricks grabbing his cup
Side kick by gsp
Hendricks goes forward with a missed uppercut, gsp moves back evading
Right hook : A hit and a miss for hendricks
Gsp connects with a jab
Jab by gsp
Right high kick by gsp lands

Left hook by gsp lands
Gsp throws short to the body and moves for a takedown, Hendricks throws an upper cut with no purchase and they are clinching again
Knee by Hendricks
Punch to the ribs by gsp
Another knee by Hendricks
Knee by gsp
Knee by Hendricks
Knee by gsp
The pair are swapping roles as initiative in the clinch goes with gsp first and then Hendricks
Knee to the leg by Hendricks
Punch to the ribs by Hendricks

4th minute winner – its got to be gsp. He spammed Hendricks with a high kick to the head, and the clinch is pretty square.

5th minute

Knee by gsp
Another knee by gsp
Hendricks throws something short with the base of the frst as they break for more striking
Leg kick by gsp
Straight kick by gsp
Gsp throws a jab, as goldie claims Hendricks leads significant strikes. A lot of them are defensive as gsp works on takedowns and I haven’t been counting. Gsp seems to have the edge in the stand up though.
Hendricks throws a knee but falls short. Theres been a lot of short blows that missed and weren’t noteworthy in this. Ive noted all of them, but they obviously aren’t all that significant.
leg kick by Hendricks seems to miss target. 30 seconds left.

Gsp throws a combination with no purchase.
Hendricks thows another one, leading to a leg kick.
Gsp rounds off a left hook that seems to glance.
Right high kick by gsp, seems to glance
Front kick to the body falls short
Leg kick by gsp is countered by a straight, but the punch is essentially caught by gsps boxing guard
Hendricks follows up, but gsp is falling back and out of range
Hendricks throws a right and seems to use it as a clinch device as gsp ducks it, looking to set up an uppercut
Gsp comes over the top of this with his arm, circling out of danger.
10 seconds left.
Gsp throws a straight to the body and falls short
Hendricks goes for an ambitious straight but is slipped by gsp who missed with the counter and they clinch
Hendricks misses with a hook on the way out.
End of the round

5th minute winner – close and debatable but gsps high kick again probably edged it for him,

So who won the first round.

Id probably give it to gsp.

That said I can see the counter argument.

The short elbows from Hendricks and his takedown look good in retrospect, but defence isn’t awarded and gsp didn’t really show any signs of being staggered. The takedown didn’t lead to anything. Hendricks knees to the legs were good but were matched blow for blow with knees to the side. The tit for tat in the clinch was almost metronomical.

As for the offence of gsp – he scored a very good takedown countering Hendricks wild hook, which led to two guilotene attempts. He hit Hendricks with 2 high kicks to the side of the head, admittedly not phasing the texan. His second real takedown attempt had Hendricks on one leg, which led to the defensive elbows, and he seemed to lead in the aggression stakes.

This really was a tit for tat round in a lot of ways. Gsp seemed to be the better stiker slightly, with more blows and more purchase. Take downs were 1-1 but gsps lead to a sub attempt.

Minute by minute gsp seemed to edge it.

Im cleaning rogans fluids out of my ears, so there you go.
Another thing I saw someone mention was we only ever see GSP dominate round after round after round, so when someone does sort of okay in a round, it makes it look like they did really well.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #315

I think most of the people who think Hendricks won are basing it mostly on Rogan's commentary. And Rogan is going around radio shows calling out bad judging which looks extra stupid if he had the opportunity to watch it again. Call out the scoring system if you want, but not the judges.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #316
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
TRT flowing strong in Rich Franklin

Thick. Solid. Tight.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #317
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Is Hendricks just a guy that will fall into relative obscurity after all of this dies down? If he and GSP do fight again and he wins decisively, I don't think he'd be able to carry the torch as good as Georges.

It'd be interesting to see how all of this plays out.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post
Is Hendricks just a guy that will fall into relative obscurity after all of this dies down? If he and GSP do fight again and he wins decisively, I don't think he'd be able to carry the torch as good as Georges.

It'd be interesting to see how all of this plays out.
That all depends on how he handles it. He has to keep his name in the mix, no matter what GSP decides to do

And if he wins, we're back to having fights where we aren't 99% sure one guy is going to win. I'm all for that
Old 11-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #319
My homepage has been set to RS

I wonder how much the ufc will lose out on Casual fans when Silva/GSP retire.

When we go to bars on those nights, it's pretty much packed (GSP days require reservations). Silva nights don't but are still packed.

Other nights, it's pretty telling. Sorta busy but mostly people who came into the bar to drink/eat and talk. And a handful there for the fight. I say when the majors retire, we will be on the decline from the parabolic curve.

If GSP did knock up some sloot...he definitely goof'ed hard. What's his net worth? Probably around 50-60 million ? Wife gets half...plus retarded amount of child support if she decides to leave him.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #320

The other rumor is that he is suing his former agent, but she is denying it... I think?

Old 11-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #321
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
If his last performance was based on something mental then hopefully he figures it out. if it's just because he's peaked then hopefully he retires soon before he takes too many unnecessary blows to the head.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
If his last performance was based on something mental then hopefully he figures it out. if it's just because he's peaked then hopefully he retires soon before he takes too many unnecessary blows to the head.
According to Joe Rogan, 50% of the significant strikes landed on GSP in his entire career have been from his last 3 fights (Hendricks, Condit, Diaz)

That knee surgery might have done him in
Old 11-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #323

Condit and Hendricks both had GSP rocked/in bad spots a few times. Diaz's significant strikes were his pitter patter high output low damage ones. BJ still gave GSP the worst ass wooping I can remember in their first fight, especially round 1.

Matt Riddle pulled out of another fight (this friday) for Bellator so they cut him. This after his public cry fest about retiring because they wont give him enough fights
Old 11-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #324
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
I think i'm just too used to seeing GSP being able to take people down at will whenever he wanted, that when you see him now, struggling for a takedown and even getting taken down himself, he doesn't look like the fighter he used to be. Now he looks like more of a grinder, playing the jabbing game while he eats big shots in the process.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #325

He took Diaz down 9 times and Condit down 7. Hendricks is legitimately the hardest guy to wrestle because you cant just eat one on the way in, and his wrestling is top notch