REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:44 AM   #2126
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
alvarez avenged his submission loss to him in bellator via ground n pound when aoki tried to kickbox him
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:20 AM   #2127
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Alvarez kicked his ass in bellator too
Old 02-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #2128

If 2014 was the year of the injuries...

2015: The year of the drug test

Lombard pulled from the Rory fight.

Quote:
Hector Lombard failed his UFC 182 fight night drug test, according to a Nevada Athletic Commission report obtained by MMAFighting.com.

The 37-year-old Lombard tested positive for the anabolic steroid desoxymethyltestosterone
NAC: Hector Lombard failed UFC 182 drug test - MMA Fighting
Old 02-10-2015, 12:17 PM   #2129
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
This is getting pathetic...
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:45 PM   #2130
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
"the time is now boys", jokes on the UFC

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #2131
x_x

rousey lookin good in the sports illustrated shoot
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:04 PM   #2132
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
If 2014 was the year of the injuries...

2015: The year of the drug test

Lombard pulled from the Rory fight.

NAC: Hector Lombard failed UFC 182 drug test - MMA Fighting
Pretty sure I've made this post before, but just about every main or semi main in the next few months has a VERY high chance of this happening. Wait and see!

Guys need to realize they have to fight clean if they are in the main or semi, or have gotten popped before. Undercard fighters are safe, as well as overseas mains and semis.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #2133
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

This would be the highest rated TUF series.

411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2015, 09:47 AM   #2134
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
So Silva failed 2 pre fight tests. It wasn't the testing of the B sample on the same test it was a different test altogether. However all he tested positive for was metabolites. Meaning whatever he took was on its way out of his system. He has passed a recent test post fight and came clean. Whatever was in his system was clearly on the way out and it was just bad timing that it was caught.

Now I guess you have to ask yourself was he taking it for an advantage in the fight or simply to aid in his recovery. Joe Rogan has said in an interview that he believes it was probably taken to aid in recovery. I hope Silva comes out and says "Yes I took them to aid in recovery at the advice of Doctors" Obviously using them to enhance your physique and turn you into a superhuman (Hector Lombard) is cheating but honestly when your recovering from an injury like Silva's I would give him a pass on it. Especially in the fact that he came out clean a couple weeks after the fight.

Berz out.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:35 PM   #2135

so do you give his legacy a good faith pass as he was recovering from a career ending surgery, or do you give him a fail because he legally failed the test

my heart says 1. my brain says 2. my penis says paige vanzant
Old 02-12-2015, 05:14 PM   #2136
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Once a cheat, always a cheat.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:53 PM   #2137

It doesn't matter why he took it.. He's not supposed to. Besides, it's more likely that the broken leg was just a coincidence.

Like berz said, they got him before his cycle was fully over, because they never tested him this early before. In all his previous fights (except maybe the last Weidman fight) the only test he would have taken would have been after the fight, easy to time the cycle for (by both him and Weidman who is almost certainly using PEDs too)

This will happen over and over again until main and semi mains (and guys who failed before) start fighting clean, if they are fighting in the US. They're safe overseas.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #2138
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Chandler Jones ready to fight his brother Jon Jones...for charity | FOX Sports

Quote:
UFC champion Jon Jones has talked about going up to heavyweight on numerous occasions once he clears out the 205-pound division, but his first opponent might be someone that hits really close to home.

It seems Jones' younger brother Chandler, who just won a Super Bowl with the New England Patriots, believes he can still whoop the UFC champ just like he used to do when they were kids.

"Me and my brother used to fight all the time when we were young and I'm pretty sure I can take him down now. I am way bigger than he is," Jones told TMZ this week.

Chandler Jones isn't lying when he says he's got some size on his famous fighting brother. Chandler is about an inch taller than Jon at 6-foot-5 and he's definitely been eating more than the UFC's reigning pound-for-pound king as he weighs about 265 pounds on gameday.

Now sibling rivalry is one thing, but while Chandler might be the greatest Jones on the gridiron (although older brother and Indianapolis Colts defensive end Arthur Jones might have something to say on that subject), he might be biting off more than he can chew challenging Jon to a fight.

It might sound like a joke between brothers, but Chandler is apparently dead serious about setting up a fight with Jon -- for charity, and there's no word on the kind of stipulations he'd put on his brother if they actually stepped into a cage together.

Would Jon have to wear 50-ounce gloves? Fight with one arm tied behind his back?

"It will be fun if we actually did a one-round match for charity, that would be fun," Jones said. "If I win, he would have to donate to the charity of my choice and vice versa."

As for Jon's part in this proposed fight, the man who might already be considered the greatest UFC champion of all time loves his brother and knows he's a phenomenal athlete -- but as far as getting into the Octagon together?

Jones vs. Jones for UFC 200 maybe? You never know.
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:19 PM   #2139

Anyone else think Thatch is going to destroy Henderson? I would bet on him if the lines were better
Old 02-13-2015, 04:23 PM   #2140
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
The reality is this. Most common couch sitting ass fans are stupid as hell.

Listen, I have been in the gym for over 10 years now, I boxed myself for 4 years. Even in the amateurs guys were using steroids COMMONLY, in MMA it's even more prevalent. I would have MMA guys that literally trained in Tiger Balm, amateur level events that would ask me if I could get them some gear.

The truth is most fans are ignorant as fuck of the realities of Professional sports. NOTHING surprised me that Silva tested hot, even watching the fight I said to my girlfriend, damn he looks a lot thicker than he has in the past, no doubt he's taken something. The man is 40 years old with a major injury, how the hell did you think he was able to come back that quickly? I think people's ignorance of what steroids are, and what they do are completely a fault of our media. This whole anti-drug propaganda has misinformed the general public completely.

The fact is the human body is simply not built to undergo the physical trauma to the regularity that is required in professional sports (unless your sport is darts), LOL. Instead of lambasting these athletes and condemning them, why not better understand why these athletes have to use these drugs, and understand that the majority of them DO USE THESE DRUGS.

I've heard Joe Rogan state numerous times that he has heard athletes tell him about the rampant steroid use, and he has said he thinks it could be in the 40-50% range of fighters. I personally think he's completely wrong, and it's a much larger number than that.

I think we've simply come to a point where our rules within society has not caught up to the level of sports science technology we have now reached. For god sakes, you have athletes using hyperbaric chambers for recovery nowadays (which is quite expensive for that matter), how in the world is that "natural". The line between natural is very quickly fading here, and the advent of newer technologies will only further blur that line.

I doubt this will happen anytime soon based on the United States fixation and idealogly of this fake "drug free" "all natural" society, but I think we need to take a serious look and understand that performance enhancing drugs are part of sport, and always will be, especially when there is a financial gain to be had on the athlete and organization's part.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #2141

Yeah I always thought it was hilarious when fans admonish these guys for harming their bodies with drugs, when what they are doing is putting themselves in harm's way for the sake of entertainment.

The anti drug campaign, be it steroids or marijuana or anything else, has literally corrupted the minds of people who grew up in America and Canada. "Just say no" is the biggest bullshit campaign that could have existed. No, don't "just say no". Find out what makes it bad, then say no to that.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2015, 06:04 PM   #2142
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I'm still baffled when people are surprised when high level athletes get popped for doping. I agree with MikeMhg, most people can't even begin to understand what is required out of the human body to perform on that professional platform. A biker gets caught, a few MMA athletes slip etc etc and their sports and accomplishments get tarnished. If only one day they tested the shit out of the NFL
Old 02-13-2015, 06:19 PM   #2143

At least in NFL results are not revealed so they can say they were taking Adderall
Old 02-13-2015, 08:15 PM   #2144
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

I hope Benson gets wrecked tomorrow

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:47 AM   #2145
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Back when I was a kid I remember being disappointed whenever athletes pissed hot. Now, I'm like, "So what?". Professional athletes gotta do what they gotta do to stay as relevant as they can in their respective sports. When it's a career on the line, believe you me that the majority of people out there will take any advantage they can.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:01 AM   #2146
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I just wish the stigma behind steroids would go away and the laws would change behind them. They aren't the harmful drugs that the media led us to believe. Do they give an advantage? Of course they do. They are a scientific tool that when used properly enhances the human body. Sports in general will be better if the athletes are healthy and in shape. PED's do exactly that. GSP said that PED's are the equivalent of a guy bring a knife into the cage. I think that's a ridiculous statement. It's not going to turn a shit fighter into a killer.

Do you guys think PED's will ever be "legalized"

It's a slippery slope. It WILL change the face of sports drastically if it ever gets legalized.

Berz out.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #2147
x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
GSP said that PED's are the equivalent of a guy bring a knife into the cage. I think that's a ridiculous statement. It's not going to turn a shit fighter into a killer.
I think all GSP meant by that is if you put two equally skilled fighters against eachother, one on PED's, the other is not, that the guy on PED's has a huge advantage.

PED's will never be legalized. The NSAC banned TRT, seems like they are moving to clean the sport up.
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #2148
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
That was a fun fight between Henderson/Thatch

Toothpick was in his mouth the whole time and he said he's down to fight Rory in Canada since Lombard is out
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:19 PM   #2149
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

rory vs henderson would be good.. hope it goes down. would rory accept tho.

edit. nvm. dana said no to that fight and said rory has a fight scheduled already but not announced. hmmm title fight? ? but im hoping for Rory vs Condit 2

Last edited by 411ken; 02-14-2015 at 11:28 PM.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:09 AM   #2150

I saw a rumor for rory vs robbie. Not sure of true or if hendricks pulled out or not