REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:12 AM   #2801
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

This was probably the perfect storm for a Rousey loss.

Shitty coaching and some arrogance. Her team probably told her she could stand with Holm and Rousey probably believed them. Also, some distractions with her films, mom and Travis didn't help.

Also, her conditioning may have been exposed last night.
Advertisement
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 09:18 AM   #2802
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,565 Times in 4,288 Posts
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 10:01 AM   #2803
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,550 Times in 4,312 Posts
I've never had an issue with RR's antics cause when you're on top and defeat all your opponents in the manner she did, you can pretty much say wtf you want. Now that she's had a taste of Holmble pie, she'll have to take a step back, have more humility and patch up the holes in her game.

If RR wins a rematch handily, there will probably be a 3rd fight and if she does it again, Holm's win will be blip in her career that will drives her to stay focused and train better. If Holm's beats her again well, GG, time for a new era.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 10:06 AM   #2804
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
I've never had an issue with RR's antics cause when you're on top and defeat all your opponents in the manner she did, you can pretty much say wtf you want. Now that she's had a taste of Holmble pie, she'll have to take a step back, have more humility and patch up the holes in her game.

If RR wins a rematch handily, there will probably be a 3rd fight and if she does it again, Holm's win will be blip in her career that will drives her to stay focused and train better. If Holm's beats her again well, GG, time for a new era.
Perfectly put, I don't really have anything to add. As a Rousey fan it was painful to watch, but you know she has to get some proper coaching to defeat this type of opponent.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:08 AM   #2805
x_x

skip to 0:35

jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #2806
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Following the bout, Ronda Rousey was immediately transported to a local hospital where x-rays revealed Her jaw has been broken in three different areas. Doctors began surgery just moments after. According to UFC president Dana White, Rousey Will have her Jaw wired shut for at least two months and it is unclear on when she will return.
If this is true, looks like we'll have to wait to hear RR smack time some more.

Ronda Rousey Suffers From Broken Jaw ? Could Be Out For Over a Year |
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #2807
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,213 Posts
So much for filming any movies anytime soon
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:29 PM   #2808
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
i wouldn't be surprised if she called it quits from this, especially if she took some damage. shes got alot of movies and other shit lined up, and she could make the jump. shes been saying quite abit this year that shes almost done with mma anyway.

holm made her look like she didn't know how to MMA and showed that alot of her previous wins were just her bullying her opponents being alot stronger and full of hype (her arm bar is no joke tho). holm is the first true high level martial artist shes fought as i don't think misha tate is any good either. you could tell that ronda doesn't really know what to do other than come at you. her striking was enough to get passed lesser fighters to move in and get a take down. but when that wasnt working against holly, she kept trying to bum rush her more and more wildly, and kept getting picked apart by hollys boxing and footwork. and edmond had no answer in the first other than to say "you're doing great champ".

anyone else think she looked thicker than she normally does? i think the distractions have caught up to her and her conditioning wasnt on point, and she might have spent too much time on her bulk. inb4 her list of excuses to come.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #2809
I STILL don't get it

https://mobile.twitter.com/criscybor...31930974175236
604Sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:27 PM   #2810
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:09 PM   #2811
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

You guys are too sensitive when it comes to Rousey's "antics" and "smack talk" lol.

Holm definitely seems like a sweetheart, but I don't really see her making the same impact globally that Ronda did during her reign as a champion.

Last edited by neggo; 11-15-2015 at 06:34 PM.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #2812
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,550 Times in 4,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post
You guys are too sensitive when it comes to Rousey's "antics" and "smack talk" lol.

Holm definitely seems like a sweetheart, but I don't really see her making the same impact globally that Ronda has as a champion.
Rousey earned the right to talk all the shit she wanted, as long as she backed it up.

Holm won't make the same impact cause she does all her talking in the ring. Some people will find it boring, some will say it's more respectable. It definitely doesn't help put people in the seats when you're less controversial though.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #2813
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,192 Times in 2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
i wouldn't be surprised if she called it quits from this, especially if she took some damage. shes got alot of movies and other shit lined up, and she could make the jump. shes been saying quite abit this year that shes almost done with mma anyway.

holm made her look like she didn't know how to MMA and showed that alot of her previous wins were just her bullying her opponents being alot stronger and full of hype (her arm bar is no joke tho). holm is the first true high level martial artist shes fought as i don't think misha tate is any good either. you could tell that ronda doesn't really know what to do other than come at you. her striking was enough to get passed lesser fighters to move in and get a take down. but when that wasnt working against holly, she kept trying to bum rush her more and more wildly, and kept getting picked apart by hollys boxing and footwork. and edmond had no answer in the first other than to say "you're doing great champ".

anyone else think she looked thicker than she normally does? i think the distractions have caught up to her and her conditioning wasnt on point, and she might have spent too much time on her bulk. inb4 her list of excuses to come.
no, she will be back in the octagon when she's cleared
hopefully with a new camp.

this loss hurts her image, she gotta build that up if she wants to keep those movie roles coming. Shes a terrible actor anyways.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post

Holm definitely seems like a sweetheart, but I don't really see her making the same impact globally that Ronda has as a champion.
It's her bitchy attitude that made this all the more fun to watch. I don't blame her for being the way she is, she was top dog and high on her own Kool-aid for quite awhile. I really thought she'd retire undefeated if the cyborg fight never went through, which really would have been annoying having to listen to her spout her mouth off for all eternity as the best ever who never lost a fight.

She can go on to win every other fight here on out and I'll be content with this one loss she has. How beautiful it was.

Up next Jon Jones and McGregor. As much as I love to see them build themselves up the fall is so much more satisfying to watch
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2015, 08:45 AM   #2815
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts

Instead of dumb memes and tweets, here's a nice breakdown of the fight by Zahabi
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:26 AM   #2816
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
watched that this morning, i found it insightful.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #2817
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,671 Posts
Mayweather asks 50 Cent to post on Instagram to troll Rousey.

Last edited by pastarocket; 05-16-2016 at 08:06 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:06 AM   #2818

Rousey?s coach: Holm wasn?t getting the better of Ronda in the striking - Bloody Elbow

and at 50...such a troll

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 11-16-2015, 10:39 AM   #2819
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Edmond Tarverdyan is completely delusional

Based on fightmetric's round 1, Holm threw 20% fewer strikes but connected with almost 50% more. Round 2 isn't even worth mentioning since the only thing Rousey hit was the canvas.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #2820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Round 2 isn't even worth mentioning since the only thing Rousey hit was the canvas.

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #2821

So how long before Rousey announces she's getting a new camp
Old 11-16-2015, 02:00 PM   #2822

wtf

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 11-17-2015, 08:59 AM   #2823

Thanked 4,477 Times in 1,675 Posts
Like Laila Ali said, you're not supposed to lose like that in your PRIME.

Either way this doesn't look good for RR, I'll watch the rematch, but I really don't see a point. She's got nothing for Holm, that fight was a complete domination. God damn UFC and their WWE tactics, I fell for the hype train, although I do think Connor is legit, let's be real he's beat some serious talent. RR has fought some glorified cans, let's be real here. She sort of reminds me of Royce Gracie, the talent level in women's MMA is still pretty shit, just like early UFC when Royce was wrecking guys, I feel like this is the same situation.

It will be interesting to see what the women's divisions look like in 5 years from now if UFC's popularity sticks, the talent level will make a fighter like RR look like an amateur.

Also, loved to finally hear Joe Rogan shut the fuck up about Rhonda, he was getting too much calling her the greatest most dominant athlete of all time, etc etc.

Oh ya, and I thought Rhonda would beat Mayweather up? I swear to god coming from a boxing background, that shit drove me CRAZY.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:09 AM   #2824
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I thought when I was watching it that Rousey's jaw was broken in the first round. Her mouth was open and when she went back to her corner it looked like she couldn't close it.

You can't train a glass jaw. She's no Rory, she's not going to thrive on violence and carnage.
The shitty part is, for the rematch, all I can see happening is "old" Rousey. Grab, Clinch, Throw, Arm. It's really the only thing she has. She got by with other fighters by brawling a bit, but ultimately it was the submissions that won her fights.

Berz out.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:53 AM   #2825

The thing is Holm stuffed those throws that normally ragdolled anyone else in the division. Even if she trains strictly for the takedown next fight there's no guarantee she'll do any better.

And I think we're all happy Rogan can shut up about her now, saying she could beat up male fighters in her weight class and shit it was getting to be too much.
This post thanked by: