REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:04 PM   #3451
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
UFC 196: Dana White says Miesha Tate will defend title against Ronda Rousey - Bloody Elbow

It really should be Holmes VS Rousey because they are both coming off losses.
It should be, but Dana realizes Ronda is one loss away from retirement so Tate makes sense if Holm doesn't have the belt.
Advertisement
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:52 PM   #3452
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post
Moving up 2 weight classes and expecting a swift and quick victory , please....
You need to take what Connor says with a grain of salt. His job is to sell fights and he does when he says stuff like that and it actually happens. Both fans and haters want to watch his fights. That's why he's getting paid what he does.

If you actually watch some of his documentaries and leave out all the trash talk, he's very humble and knows his stuff. It's not like he's going to go into the fight and say we're going to go the distance and let the judges decide. There is a fine line between cocky and confidence and he's right past the line, but when he backs it up, it doesn't matter anymore.

He moved up 2 weight classes and dominated Nate the first round. That's already an accomplishment in itself. Nate was a hard opponent for him because you can't knock the guy out. Nate can take a serious beating.

I see in the future Connor coming back even stronger and more confident/cockier than ever. It's business
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:35 PM   #3453
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Im thinking 170 is too much for Conor, but yea...he dominated the first round against Nate Diaz who is a tough motherfucker to begin with. Is 155 too much for Conor? yet to be seen...but as he said himself, give Nate the 155 fight with RDA

Rousey/Tate 3... I can see that Rousey's end is coming... if she comes out talkin shit, and loses, shes doomed
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:10 AM   #3454
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
Was hoping for a gsp announcement tonight
I really do think that a GSP/McGregor fight was going to be announced if he had won. I think this is the first time GSP has been seen at a UFC PPV ever since their less than friendly split. Maybe we'll get a GSP announcement once Lawler wins his next fight.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:42 AM   #3455
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
GSP only wants to fight Lawler or Anderson.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:42 AM   #3456

BTW I noticed that nobody really brought up Holly Holm's new body... She looked quite different last night to say the least.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2016, 01:45 AM   #3457

As for Ronda I think the best course is Ronda vs Tate for the title, keep Holm from fighting until she faces Ronda in a rematch against whoever is champion. If it's Ronda that's the best case, if it's Tate well then Ronda is probably retired anyway
Old 03-07-2016, 01:49 AM   #3458

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
i've said for a while i was waiting for a loss to humble him a bit so i could become a fan. am one now.
I can respect that, but if you think about it, don't you think it's a lot more fun and entertaining if we have a guy who absolutely blows everyone away for a long time? Like not just someone who can compete against bigger guys, but someone who dominates at 145, 155, and 170? A true "once in a lifetime" athlete?

I think that's a lot more fun to get behind than just another really good fighter who wins some and loses some.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:58 AM   #3459
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
It should be, but Dana realizes Ronda is one loss away from retirement so Tate makes sense if Holm doesn't have the belt.
It should really be Holmes vs Rousey because the both lost there last fights. You don't give someone who lost there last fight a title shot unless it's a rematch.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:53 AM   #3460

I don't recall Holms body looking very different she's still ripped as fuck. Plus there's no way Holm will sit around and wait for the winner of Tate vs Ronda, shed be on the shelf for a year at least.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:23 AM   #3461

If Holm loses again before facing Ronda then she's back to C level status
Old 03-07-2016, 06:58 AM   #3462

Well she already blew millions of dollars by not waiting for Ronda this last time, I'm willing to bet she'll ask for another opponent in the meantime if they ask her to wait for the winner of Tate vs Ronda
Old 03-07-2016, 06:58 AM   #3463

As for Holms' new body, mostly she looked flatter and smaller last night - against Ronda she had a giant six pack that would protrude, and huge obliques. Now her stomach is a bit flatter but still lean. Her shoulders and arms are a bit smaller, but it's not like she had huge roid traps, so that wasn't a big deal.

USADA has been testing a lot more this year, so it should be no surprise to see new bodies. Hers was the most apparent since last time we saw her.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:02 AM   #3464

Also don't forget, Miesha faced Ronda for the UFC title after a loss, so it's not like there's no precedent. Same two fighters even! Tate could 'return the favour'
Old 03-07-2016, 07:10 AM   #3465

That fight happened cause Zingano got injured no? So not really the same precedent. But at the end of the day Tate has no say in who she fights, I literally see her with no bargaining power at all.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:17 AM   #3466

Nope she's a team player. I always thought she was a bit of an idiot, so I'm pretty sure she's oblivious to which fight is going to make her the most money, but she'll fight whoever they tell her to, and has said as much.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #3467
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
It should really be Holmes vs Rousey because the both lost there last fights. You don't give someone who lost there last fight a title shot unless it's a rematch.
didn't nick diaz fight gsp for a title off a loss to condit?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:31 AM   #3468

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
didn't nick diaz fight gsp for a title off a loss to condit?
Yeah cause GSP told the UFC "I'm fighting Nick Diaz next."
Old 03-07-2016, 12:41 PM   #3469
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
i would think there'd be a few "i'm not surprised mutherfuckers" memes out there on the net. couldn't find a single one.

diaz said anik didn't have to get a tatoo as he was joking, but seems like anik is serious

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:48 PM   #3470
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

1. The 170lb thing is a built in excuse so it wouldn't hurt his chances if he lost

2. It was two natural LWs in there who didn't cut weight. From what we saw a full camp Nate at 155lbs would massacre Conor.

3. The striking was pretty even. Conor is all flash, Nate has super solid boxing fundamentals. Rewatch the fight and check the stats. When I saw it in the bar I thought Conor dominated the 1st but was wrong.

Nate took his best strikes, found his own timing and outboxed Conor and the rest is history.
He was done after the 1st when he realized he couldn't put Nate down with his left hand.
That cut back to 145 is gonna be a rough one lol.
whatitdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:36 PM   #3471
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatitdew View Post
1. The 170lb thing is a built in excuse so it wouldn't hurt his chances if he lost

2. It was two natural LWs in there who didn't cut weight. From what we saw a full camp Nate at 155lbs would massacre Conor.

3. The striking was pretty even. Conor is all flash, Nate has super solid boxing fundamentals. Rewatch the fight and check the stats. When I saw it in the bar I thought Conor dominated the 1st but was wrong.

Nate took his best strikes, found his own timing and outboxed Conor and the rest is history.
He was done after the 1st when he realized he couldn't put Nate down with his left hand.
That cut back to 145 is gonna be a rough one lol.
Although I agree Nate is a great boxer, Connor dominated first round. He however, gassed himself out and was sure to lose if he didn't finish Nate first round.

I'm surprised he didn't throw more of his spinning back kicks to the Body as they are one of his greatest weapons.

His cut isn't going to be rough since he usually walks around at around 170. He just didn't need to cut anything this fight
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:36 PM   #3472
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Conor went headhunting, hit some good shots, but thats all the gas he had

sad, but thats how Conor fights, cuz mystic mac says so
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:29 PM   #3473
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I can respect that, but if you think about it, don't you think it's a lot more fun and entertaining if we have a guy who absolutely blows everyone away for a long time? Like not just someone who can compete against bigger guys, but someone who dominates at 145, 155, and 170? A true "once in a lifetime" athlete?

I think that's a lot more fun to get behind than just another really good fighter who wins some and loses some.
I think if Jones keeps up with his weight training it would be nice to see him move up to HW. I hate his style but he seems like someone who could move up and dominate a bunch of the HW fighters and be that once in a lifetime fighter, unless you consider Fedor as someone who should of been in LHW and was destroying larger people.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:21 AM   #3474
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I think Ronda will likely get the fight against Tate next. They always seem to show that courtesy to fighters who have been dominating for a while (Anderson, BJ at LW - although it was because it was close, Barao etc) Considering that women in the UFC is a result of Rousey + her previous winning streak, I don't see an issue with her getting the shot at Tate. Plus it makes for a great money fight with plenty of promotability!
Old 03-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #3475
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts

wandering eyes lol

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: