REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:10 AM   #4351
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
He'll never be able to wear competing brands so what he's trying to do is get them to cover the losses of not being able to. I think this time it was Lorenzo who wanted to go ahead with it but not Dana, so the sale didn't really help matters...

I still think it'll get done, I think they're just playing chicken
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:50 AM   #4352
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
It's a good argument really. I mean as a fighter you get paid where you can. It should have been a stipulation that if Reebok wants to sponsor they have to cover the money the fighters were losing from their other sponsors. Doesn't seem unreasonable at all to me. I'm guessing someone like GSP gets paid large for his endorsements so that's probably a huge hit but why should GSP promote something for free when the UFC is getting paid. Do fighters get paid from Reebok?

Berz out.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:57 AM   #4353
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Do fighters get paid from Reebok?

Berz out.
unless they have private deals like PVZ does, i think it's just whatever they get based on the set structure of # of fights in UFC/WEC, ranking and title holder?

i wonder if they do get the deal to go if he'll be able to wear his karate gi (minus sponsors) and rising sun bandana. i'm thinking yes to the bandana since cowboy can wear his cowboy hat but no on karate gi as he'll have to wear a reebok active wear ufc shirt. here's to hoping it'll at least have "GPS" printed on it

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:46 PM   #4354
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Does he actually want to wear the sponsors still, or just be paid out what he would have gotten in revenue from them?

I could see him getting paid out, but I'm not sure if they can even let him wear other sponsors with the Reebok deal in place.
That's the biggest stumbling block. GSP was one of the first fighters to get mainstream in terms of sponsorships. Dude is making bank and he hasn't fought in years, so I can see why he's fighting hard to make sure his sponsorships stay intact.

Sit back and continue to make tons of money or breach sponsorship contract to come back to fight for money. Easy choice
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:00 PM   #4355
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
GSP makes WAY more money from his sponsors then he does with Reebok, he also signed a contract with them so no question it's more then getting paid out.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:35 PM   #4356
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
UFC 205 press conference live:

Old 09-27-2016, 02:48 PM   #4357
i like gifs

UFC 205 lineup is the new UFC 200

Eddie Alvarez (c) vs. Conor McGregor
Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson
Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans
Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves
Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad
Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian

Reporter: "Conor, you're surrounded by champions on stage. Who do you think on this stage will give you the hardest fight?
Jeremy Stephens: "This guy right here. When I punch people, they get knocked the fuck out!"
Conor: "...who da fook is dat?!" *turns around to look at him*

Old 09-27-2016, 03:00 PM   #4358
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Stephens got wrecked.

But Alvarez got REKT.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #4359
Ricer Mod

What a fucking card.. WOW!!!

Berz out.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:28 PM   #4360
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
gotta go big in NYC

I wonder who's going to get hurt and popped, card will prob be half that good on the date.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #4361
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Damn, can't tell if Karolina is hot
Old 09-27-2016, 05:28 PM   #4362
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
gotta go big in NYC

I wonder who's going to get hurt and popped, card will prob be half that good on the date.
Khabib was going to be paid by the UFC just to stay ready in case Conor or Eddie get injured, but he wanted to fight so he got one.

Karolina in that school girl outfit

Old 09-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #4363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
UFC 205 press conference live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpKHW6K7EVY
Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post
Stephens got wrecked.

But Alvarez got REKT.
both OMGWTFBBQPWND!!111~~~ moments happen at 47:20 and 48:45 respectively

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

This post thanked by:
G
Old 09-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #4364
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
alvarez vs mcgregor is gonna be a sick fight, dont think mcgregor can keep up with him 5 rounds
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:36 PM   #4365
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Alvarez poses a real threat to McGregor. No damn cakewalk, methinks.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #4366
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
I'll take eddie
Old 09-27-2016, 10:04 PM   #4367
x_x

Aldo wants to be released from his contract now....
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:14 PM   #4368
i like gifs

Combate reporting that Aldo is actually very pissed about McGregor vs Eddie, to a point he's asking for his contract with the UFC to be terminated

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate...-contrato.html
  • "After all this, i don't see how i can trust any words from president Dana White, the one who controls the event now is McGregor. Since i'm not McGregor's employee, today i ask to terminate my contract with the UFC."
  • Before the news blew up, he was asked by Sean Shelby if he could fight November 12. Aldo said yes, but only if it was against McGregor. Shelby then asked if he could fight this date against Holloway/Pettis. Dede(Aldo’s coach) said that they wanted a full camp if they were going to fight against Holloway/Pettis, so December 10 would be a better date. They were expecting fighting against Pettis/Holloway for the linear title (as Aldo thought McGregor would be forced to drop it for not fighting at FW) or against McGregor for the undisputed championship. Alvarez vs McGregor fight news blew up and Aldo got really mad on the fact that McGregor wouldn’t drop the title. So Aldo’s next fight against Pettis/Holloway would be basically for nothing.
  • The tweet about fighting Conor in any division (featherweight or lightweight) wasn’t tweeted by him, but by someone from his PR team. His actual thoughts are completely different. The guy that tweeted this got fired.
  • Remembers through the interview that Dana promised him the fight with McGregor, if he beat Frankie Edgar, or else he would get the linear title.
  • He also does not believes that McGregor will be forced to drop one of the titles (featherweight or lightweight) if he actually beats Eddie Alvarez. He says that who decides this is McGregor now. He also says that when he wanted to fight Pettis in LW (when Pettis was LW champion), Dana said that Aldo would have to drop the title, and fight Pettis in LW without keeping his FW title. He then compares that situation with the Alvarez vs McGregor situation, calling it unfair.
  • He understands the importance that McGregor has in the sport, but he says that there’s a limit, and that UFC is becoming a circus.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:42 AM   #4369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Combate reporting that Aldo is actually very pissed about McGregor vs Eddie, to a point he's asking for his contract with the UFC to be terminated

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate...-contrato.html
  • "After all this, i don't see how i can trust any words from president Dana White, the one who controls the event now is McGregor. Since i'm not McGregor's employee, today i ask to terminate my contract with the UFC."
  • Before the news blew up, he was asked by Sean Shelby if he could fight November 12. Aldo said yes, but only if it was against McGregor. Shelby then asked if he could fight this date against Holloway/Pettis. Dede(Aldo’s coach) said that they wanted a full camp if they were going to fight against Holloway/Pettis, so December 10 would be a better date. They were expecting fighting against Pettis/Holloway for the linear title (as Aldo thought McGregor would be forced to drop it for not fighting at FW) or against McGregor for the undisputed championship. Alvarez vs McGregor fight news blew up and Aldo got really mad on the fact that McGregor wouldn’t drop the title. So Aldo’s next fight against Pettis/Holloway would be basically for nothing.
  • The tweet about fighting Conor in any division (featherweight or lightweight) wasn’t tweeted by him, but by someone from his PR team. His actual thoughts are completely different. The guy that tweeted this got fired.
  • Remembers through the interview that Dana promised him the fight with McGregor, if he beat Frankie Edgar, or else he would get the linear title.
  • He also does not believes that McGregor will be forced to drop one of the titles (featherweight or lightweight) if he actually beats Eddie Alvarez. He says that who decides this is McGregor now. He also says that when he wanted to fight Pettis in LW (when Pettis was LW champion), Dana said that Aldo would have to drop the title, and fight Pettis in LW without keeping his FW title. He then compares that situation with the Alvarez vs McGregor situation, calling it unfair.
  • He understands the importance that McGregor has in the sport, but he says that there’s a limit, and that UFC is becoming a circus.
See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!
Old 09-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #4370

sounds like an empty threat. he's in his prime at 30 and it's not like he's doing movies, how else is he going to make $?

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 09-28-2016, 09:03 AM   #4371
Ricer Mod

Wonder what he's worth to Belator when they aren't actually trying to steal him lol. "I asked out of UFC what will you pay me?" vs. "Hey Aldo we really want you here we will offer you more $$$ than UFC pays you."

Berz out.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #4372

He was never been a draw in the UFC, despite DOMINATING for many years. Always the smallest buyrates when not fighting Conor.

He'd probably still get signed just to have a name and champion but I don't think he's worth much to Bellator in terms of drawing power.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #4373
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Unless you're doing some Anderson Silva shit there's not much drawing power for someone who doesn't speak English and pulls out of fights all the time.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:54 AM   #4374

he won't have trouble finding a company to pick him up. i don't think ufc will release him though until he's outside of his prime like chael and wanderlei. i'm not sure how wanderlei got out of it with all the shit he said about ufc but he's fighting in rizen

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 09-28-2016, 03:28 PM   #4375
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
wtf just googled him lol thought he was done.. hes fighting crocop LOL
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote